• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Palin to be a grandmother

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Just out, Sarah Palin makes it public that her daughter 17 year old Bristol is 5 months pregnant. Said McCain new it during the selection process.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Honestly, I can't help but wonder if Mrs. Sarah Palin actually thought what may lie ahead for her family when she said yes to becoming the V.P. Perhaps the exctment got to her, but again, I wonder if she went, and sat down with her family to go over the pros and cons to being in the "national spotlight".

Personally, I don't think anyone will find anything "dirty" on her (at least per the lower 48's standards:D), but I do think she does lack the experience to be "a heartbeat" away from being the Commander- in-Chief.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Personally, I don't think anyone will find anything "dirty" on her (at least per the lower 48's standards:D), but I do think she does lack the experience to be "a heartbeat" away from being the Commander- in-Chief.

I agree 100% :agree:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I disagree 100% with that. I would much rather have her in the pres. slot than Obummah!!!! Obummah has no experience with anything that requires common sense. To me her best atribute is her lack of ties with the "good ol boy" community. She is a breath of fresh air in the Washington cess pool. Have a goodun!!!!!

dzalphakilo

Banned
And Obama does?? :confused:

Tells me nothing about Obama what I didn't already know, but McCain told me a little more about himself by picking Palin.

McCain will lead the charge to tell you what experience Obmama dosen't have, yet himself picks Palin to be the next president if something happens to himself (McCain)?

There are a number of women in the goverment who McCaine could of chose from that had much more experince than Palin, and yet who have shown the same "get em tiger" attitude Palin has shown in her short two years in Alaska.

McCain wasn't exactly "loved" by all the Republicans coming into this thing. I would love to be a fly on a wall at some of these next Republican get togethers now that he's picked Palin.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tells me nothing about Obama what I didn't already know, but McCain told me a little more about himself by picking Palin.

McCain did a good job by picking Palin. In the small amount of time she was governor she cleaned a lot of rip rap out of that office including some fellow Republicans. I think she will make a great VP and could take the Oval Office immediately if McCain fell over the day after he was sworn in.

McCain will lead the charge to tell you what experience Obmama dosen't have, yet himself picks Palin to be the next president if something happens to himself (McCain)?

He is only telling us the truth, Obama has no experience and Palin has just as much as Obama.

There are a number of women in the goverment who McCaine could of chose from that had much more experince than Palin, and yet who have shown the same "get em tiger" attitude Palin has shown in her short two years in Alaska.

Who what women that has done as much in two years as Palin?

McCain wasn't exactly "loved" by all the Republicans coming into this thing. I would love to be a fly on a wall at some of these next Republican get togethers now that he's picked Palin.

I agree he wasn't loved by all, but then Obama wasn't loved by all either

D

darroll

Hang on to your shorts. The mud is starting to hit the fan. If her daughter wasn’t pregnant, they would of found something else (true or false) to slam them about.
I think McCain has a winner with her.

Trakternut

How many politicians are "experienced", but once elected to a higher office, be it governor or president, totally screw things up?
I don't think this gal would do any worse, should she find herself in the First Chair!
She might just be the "leveling valve" that McCain needs to get him through this next four years.
Besides, what does her daughter getting knocked up have to do with her abilities to be VP?
It's gonna get dirty, between now and November, no matter who's picked for what.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Who what women that has done as much in two years as Palin?

Palin is lucky that she was in Alaska and not the lower 48, that's all.

Hey, if I hadn't mentioned it, I think she (Palin) is a remarkable woman (from going from mayor of a small town to govener of the largest state square mileage wise, yet one of the smallest, population wise) , however, not as remarkable as some of the other republican women who have been in the "cesspool" for so long.

I am curious to see how McCain's decesion will effect history.

I just find it funny as all heck how everyone pointed out how much inexperience Ombama has/had, but for some reason, those same people think Palin is the savior of some sort.

Like I said before (if I hadn't already) I was going to vote for the lessor of two evils, McCaine being the lessor, now I'm not so sure.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
however, not as remarkable as some of the other republican women who have been in the "cesspool" for so long.

Just who do you believe is more remarkable and would be a better choice in the republican "cesspool"?

So DZ, do we need more sh!t slinging in the executive branch of the government or someone with differing views, new prospectives of the US and world, a person not already in debt to the political process and how to manage the federal government without just making it bigger and costlier?

As to her becoming/being a grandmother, it just makes her much more "presidential" in my opinion anyway. :thumb:

Go Sarah Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb: "GSG".......................:thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Hey, if I hadn't mentioned it, I think she (Palin) is a remarkable woman (from going from mayor of a small town to govener of the largest state square mileage wise, yet one of the smallest, population wise) , however, not as remarkable as some of the other republican women who have been in the "cesspool" for so long.

Who?

I just find it funny as all heck how everyone pointed out how much inexperience Ombama has/had, but for some reason, those same people think Palin is the savior of some sort.

The Experience issue never came up until Palin was picked, the Media and the Liberals brought it up. Everything that come out of their mouths was she is doesn't have any experience. It is then others jumped on "Well she has as much as Obama. Three hours after Palin was picked the TV was full of interviews national and even on our local with liberals saying she isn't qualified. The Media and the Libs started the "No Experience" thing. Even a female Democrat on our local level came out and called her Mayor and didn't have enough experience and so did Obama.

Obama Attacks Palin
This was just hours after the announcement and after McCain Congradulated Obama. You would have thought Obama could have done the same?

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain’s commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush’s failed economic policies, that’s not the change we need, it’s just more of the same."

You would think he would have called her Governor right away?

Obama is showing his elitist arrogance again. Obama is bashing small town America, and worse he’s bashing, rather than congratulating, a woman who has a chance on becoming the first woman Vice President of the United States of America. Obama is for Obama, not for America, and especially not for women in America. This isn’t the first time Obama has disrespected women.
At least Palin has two things that Obama doesn’t have, and those are good judgment as well as executive experience as a state Governor. Palin has a near 90% voter approval rating by voters in Alaska. Palin also has a strong record for fighting government corruption, while Obama appears to embrace it
You see Obama once elected to the Senate has spent the majority of his time running for the Oval Office and did not get any experience while there.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Just who do you believe is more remarkable and would be a better choice in the republican "cesspool"?

So DZ, do we need more sh!t slinging in the executive branch of the government or someone with differing views, new prospectives of the US and world, a person not already in debt to the political process and how to manage the federal government without just making it bigger and costlier?

No Bill. we don't need no more shit sliging.

I just happen to think that Palin was a lousy choice for experience. The question is, will McCains decision cost him or gain him more votes? Time will tell.

However, if your asking who else might of McCain have choosen, have you looked yourself?

What are we doing to do the comparison on as far as "qualifications"?

Govonor of another state?

How about Govenor Lingle?

I think it was put best when it was said that "McCain found the shortest midget he could find with Palin".

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Govonor of another state?

How about Govenor Lingle?

I think it was put best when it was said that "McCain found the shortest midget he could find with Palin".

Don't know who Governor Lingle is and she was not on McCain's list of candidates that he had been interviewing or soliciting.

As for the midget comment, All I can say is SAD, that is just outright Sad. Must have the IQ of about 1; that is point 1; especially when no one knows who she it.

Cityboy

Banned
Just out, Sarah Palin makes it public that her daughter 17 year old Bristol is 5 months pregnant. Said McCain new it during the selection process.

Aww, dangit, I stole this story first and posted it this morning! http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showpost.php?p=193339&postcount=7

Can't a legitimate news thief get any credit? But it is a good thread topic...

As to Palin's inexperience, I think she is at least as qualified as Obama, if not more and Obama is running for president! Honestly, what has Obama achieved compared to Palin? Seriously, lets hear it. I'm concerned with her experience as a voter, but when you compare apples to apples and stop to think about Supreme court nominiees and the First and Second Amendments, who would you prefer as president? Obama - Biden, a confirmed gun-control leftist with admitted Marxist admirations and a draft deferring individual who has been unable to accumulate a personal net of $100,000 at age 65, or the McCain - Palin ticket with a combat veteran and a lifetime NRA member who has achived more in her 44 years than Biden or Obama has in Bidens 65 years?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seriously, lets hear it. I'm concerned with her experience as a voter, but when you compare apples to apples and stop to think about Supreme court nominiees and the First and Second Amendments, who would you prefer as president? Obama - Biden, a confirmed gun-control leftist with admitted Marxist admirations and a draft deferring individual who has been unable to accumulate a personal net of $100,000 at age 65, or the McCain - Palin ticket with a combat veteran and a lifetime NRA member who has achived more in her 44 years than Biden or Obama has in Bidens 65 years?

You know I just hate it when I have to agree with you CB :poke: :rolf2: and this is the second time today :hammer: :mrgreen:

dzalphakilo

Banned
Don't know who Governor Lingle is and she was not on McCain's list of candidates that he had been interviewing or soliciting.

So Murph, what Republican women in politics do you know of, that YOU thought might of made a wiser choice for McCain per experience as a woman VP?

CB, to answer your question, McCain with Romney would of been my first "pick" (which I would of voted for as well as a couple of other options).

I just see McCain having a stroke when Mrs. McCain decides to get "funkey" for the first night in the White house and goes Mary Lincoln on hiss ass.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I honestly feel a McCain/Romney ticket is a looser ticket. In fact I think its an absolute looser ticket that would have gone down in flames. McCain needed someone who was not a rich white guy, who was not an insider, who was not a traditional politician. Romney is all those things.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Honestly, what has Obama achieved compared to Palin? Seriously, lets hear it.

It comes down to the 2004 DNC when Obama spoke. He is a well spoken black man. That is it. Who has been their choice before that? Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton? Gimme a break. This guy can speak in complete sentences. It doesn't matter what he stands for.

dzalphakilo

Banned
I honestly feel a McCain/Romney ticket is a looser ticket. In fact I think its an absolute looser ticket that would have gone down in flames. McCain needed someone who was not a rich white guy, who was not an insider, who was not a traditional politician. Romney is all those things.

Lesser of two evils for myself Bob with McCain/Romney or some other "rich white guy".

Who would of been your first pick for VP Bob?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
So Murph, what Republican women in politics do you know of, that YOU thought might of made a wiser choice for McCain per experience as a woman VP?

The wiser choice was Sarah Palin. And you only picked one other person of whom I never heard of?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder what she looks like. I havent seen any photos of the chick. Either way its a damn shame.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently this is NO secret . . .

Monday, Sep. 01, 2008
In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret

By Nathan Thornburgh/WASILLA

So his name is Levi.

That's about the only thing that I didn't know about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. The rest of the details I picked up almost without trying, while talking about other things with townsfolk — some who know the governor and her family well, some who don't. It was, more or less, an open secret. And everyone was saying the same thing: the governor's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, the father is her boyfriend, and it's really nobody's business beyond that.

I happen to agree.

This tiny town wedged in between the Chugach and Talkeetna mountain ranges has intrigued the whole country since John McCain's surprise Friday announcement that Wasilla's favorite daughter, Sarah Palin, would be his running mate. Sure, some of the interest was a prelude to attacks on Palin's readiness for national office. But Wasilla also offered a welcome chance to get specific about the geography of a politician. It's one of our most cherished myths, that a leader can come from somewhere and you can guess at their qualities not just by what they say, but where they live.

Well, here's the deal: small towns have their own value systems, and in this situation those values are more a lot more valid than the dispassionate, pushy inquisitiveness that political journalism encourages.

I just got off the phone with a longtime Wasilla resident. She had urged me to find time today to go up to Hatcher Pass—"the most beautiful place in the valley!"—when I mentioned that the story on Bristol's baby is now national news. Her voice slowed. "Oh," she said. "I'm so sorry. That's so unfair."

Wasilla seems at times to be utterly without guile. It's a large part of the town's charm, and it's exactly the quality that could make an unorthodox pick like Palin pay off. Don't get me wrong — she's a tough politician with sharp enough elbows on her own. But still, she appears to be more steeped in the values of her hometown than any politician I've ever come across.

Maybe that means Palin is a little too much Northern Exposure for America—after all, her father's good friend Curt Menard happily showed me a picture of the governor as a high schooler in 1981, in a root cellar with family and friends, helping skin and cube and cure a whole moose. It's enough to make you almost miss fake hunters like John Kerry and Mitt Romney.

People in Wasilla are Alaskan tough, so not only does a thing like teen pregnancy not seem like anyone's damn business, but it's also not seen as the calamity so many people in the lower 48 might think it is. This is dangerous country — it's not just the roughneck jobs on cable reality shows. It's real life here. I listened to the absolutely heartbreaking story of how the godfather of Track Palin, Sarah's oldest son, died in small plane crash just minutes after having dropped off four kids. Another family invited me into their home and told their incredible story; with one son in Iraq, their other son was working on a conveyor line in Anchorage, got caught in the belt and had his head partially crushed. He lived to stand across the kitchen table from me and his parents, looking fully healed just three months later, grinning at his dumb luck and wondering what comes next in life. "It makes you realize that a thing like a little teenage pregnancy isn't such a big deal," his mom said. "Bristol—and lots of other girl like her out there — are going to be just fine."

If you haven't guessed yet, the people here are genuinely friendly. Even those in Palin's inner sanctum who have been told since Friday not to talk to reporters by McCain's media team, are almost apologetic that they can't be neighborly and chat, since you came all this way to little Wasilla. And those who can talk, do. All weekend they had the decency not to pretend that they didn't know the governor's eldest daughter was pregnant. But they also expected decency in return, that I wouldn't be the kind of person to make sport out of a young girl's slip.

The fact is, regardless of what you will hear over the next few days, Bristol's pregnancy is not a legitimate political issue. Sarah Palin is a longterm member of a group called Feminists for Life, which is not opposed to birth control. So you probably can't tag her for consigning young people to unwanted pregnancies.

You can argue that it was hamhanded of the McCain campaign—they had to have known, right? — to somehow let this drop just a few days after the announcement. Pregnancy does show, and it does have a ticking clock. The story was going to come out eventually.

As for the idea — sure to be floated—that the avowedly anti-abortion Palin may have pressured her poor daughter to ruin her life by carrying an unwanted baby to term, I wouldn't bet on it. The Palin family seems to share the same pro-life values going back at least as far back as anyone here can remember, and it wouldn't be at all surprising if Bristol wore those values, however imperfectly, as her own. At least, that's what the town thinks. And Wasilla, above all, is pretty sensible.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...837862,00.html

dzalphakilo

Banned
The wiser choice was Sarah Palin. And you only picked one other person of whom I never heard of?

I don't know Murph, have you heard of a lot of Republican women in politics?

McCain didn't call you about Palin, did he?:D

Again, my personal opinion is that McCain had many more "stronger" options that Palin and I don't think my head is burried too far in the Republican sand to mention it.

Time will tell.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't know Murph, have you heard of a lot of Republican women in politics?

McCain didn't call you about Palin, did he?:D

Again, my personal opinion is that McCain had many more "stronger" options that Palin and I don't think my head is burried too far in the Republican sand to mention it.

Time will tell.

Yes I know a few, in fact have even donated to one's campaign. He could have picked a lot worse in my book. From what I read about Sarah she is top notch.

No McCain did not call me. Obviously he didn't call you.:thumb:

murph

Cityboy

Banned
Yes I know a few, in fact have even donated to one's campaign. He could have picked a lot worse in my book. From what I read about Sarah she is top notch.

No McCain did not call me. Obviously he didn't call you.:thumb:

murph

You know, that's funny. I actually have been getting McCain emails for a long time and basically ignored them. (I'm an RNC member from the Bush-Kerry election) I was concerned about the Palin choice when I first saw her. From the initial photo's I thought: "Oh no! a bouncy-bottom Republican bimbo!:pat: But then, the more I learned about her, the better I liked her. Time will tell if she can hold up under pressure of the debates and public appearences, but I do love the way the left is diving through their ass to figure out what to do about her. :rolf2:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree 100% :agree:

beats the hell out of clinton, and I think you are wrong, she did very well in Alaska, and she brings with her a no bs attitude............yeah, I would vote for her............

Cant wait to see her take on the dems and the big companies............

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

I am curious to see how McCain's decesion will effect history.

Like I said before (if I hadn't already) I was going to vote for the lessor of two evils, McCaine being the lessor, now I'm not so sure.

this lady kicks ass, even her own party. she does not go along with all the bs of washington, or in her own state...............she is going to be a great vice, and if later pres.