• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What tucker do we have here 6 pics

berg

Cummins 6 cyl
Blade
Hydro winch

What year model do you think this is... its available ..tryng to find out more,
front tracks are off for transport.

Year model ??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 571
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 569
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 568
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 567
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 558
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 557

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I guessing here, but it looks like a late 1980's - mid 1990's model 2000.

It looks like it was "rode hard and put away wet"...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
yes it is but the blades seem to be hard to come by so it would be a bonus to have one .

berg

Anyone care to throw out a price on what it is worth?

supposedly the Cummins is rebuilt ...

brianf

looks like a machine I looked at a couple of years ago, are tracks off because of broken belts? the one I looked at needed at least 8 belts, and was more groomer config,rear engine ; they wanted $8000, I passed way too much work for me

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How many hours on the Cummins? They typically don't need rebuilds till after 6-7000 hours. If the machine has that many, be prepared to spend some $$$$...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the mile marker winch but you would think the guy who did the engine could have sprung for some paint

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
That really looks in rough shape to me.

Some people who operate equipment genuinely respect it and take care of it. When something breaks they buy quality parts and repair it. There is a "pride of ownership". Others just abuse the heck out of equipment and don't take care of it. IMHO this machine is a prime example of the latter. Is straightening the roller fairlead and replacing the missing side roller either difficult or expensive? No, and not doing so begs the question what else haven't they taken care of? Same question for the right side windshield wiper?

This is a two door machine with mid-length tracks, which is not a rare or particularly desirable combination (IMHO).

It looks like it has a lot of hours. Sometimes even a really low price is not a good value. Tucker parts are expensive and despite a low acquisition cost, when you factor in what it will cost to bring it up to a reasonable standard it isn't worth... it financially speaking.

berg

Here is a side shot .. maybe you can get a better idea of year and condition.

Someone throw out a number on value...

Attachments

• photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 438

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The adjuster Ice breaker must be removed with the tracks?

I had a 89' with that same hood profile. I am sticking with my 90-91 guess.

I would consider hauling that to WI if it was in the 5-8K range. I see quite a few positives that may be viewed as rookie ignorance.

Sprocket wear matching. same vintage boogies again all matching. When machines get to the end of the road folks tend to only repair what is broke and often the replacement parts don't match the OEM. I did not care to see the kick down cable off the injector pump. Or that could have been a unused shut off from a older model ??

Cut the drama, :cool: What is the story:
The owner is looking for an offer?
It is for sale and Needs something simple?

Around here machines like that go for trade in value. call a dealer tell them what you might have and see what they offer towards a rubber tracked 07' or newer. trade in value is terrible low.4-6K the retail cabin market is much better 10-14K up and running, ready to work those bring 20K+ (if they can pull a 10' wide x 26' long drag.full of snow all night long with a radio playing while blowing heat in the cab)

Soooo Many variables ,Proceed with caution.

Let us know how you make out.

looks to be a 1990 the cummins has the old style inj pump so cant be any newer than 92 unless some one has done an engine swap this thing looks beat! and yes I agree with other members it shows how it was taken care of, you said toss a # out there? I wouldn't give over $2000.00 or scrap value for that matter, figure the motor to sell to a guy with a 92 pickup, sell the winch and blade and scape the rest! or part out but dang to bring this one back is going to cost some doe:w00t2: i will look again, ok I could pick it apart for you, check the data tag on the motor it will give you the year and specs of the motor, there should be a tucker data tag on the dash etc..
the blade is flipped over and noticed there are no teeth left on it and cant tell if it's bent (they are a real bear to rebuild) got about 30 hrs into mine when I hooked a small stump on the side of the road, the sprockets look to have been replaced and DO NOT MATCH, (yellow in color oe where black,) and the boggies dont look too bad, (have never seen dust covers on them) did they use it in the dirt? there should be ice breaker boggies front and rear total of 8 hard duron Ice breakers, the brush guard is bolted to the cab? and not the frame (bad deal) missing right side guard, panels are hanging off, noticed the left rear boggie is touching the next boggie (may be backed off and touching) or may have a broken adjuster, looks like some of the pivot stops are missing from the rear (abuse) what trans in it? Allison auto?and what does the inside of the cab look like? the drivers back window is missing and the mirror is bent all up, if you cant get it cheap I would walk right past this one.

Last edited: