• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

May 22, 2020 The lockdown 'cure' is now worse than the COVID 'disease'

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
May 22, 2020
The lockdown 'cure' is now worse than the COVID 'disease'
By Carol Brown

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...cure_is_now_worse_than_the_covid_disease.html

President Trump was right all along. While Dr. Fauci described the consequences from extended lockdowns (ahem, I mean "mitigation") as "inconvenient," Trump expressed concern about the cure being worse than the disease, anticipating a spike in suicides and drug abuse, among other consequences, if we didn't strike the right balance in our approach.

But no one cared. Because the people who pretend to care use our lives as human shields in order to advance their political agenda.

So just as Trump warned, we are seeing a massive increase in suicides. According to doctors at a medical center in northern California, in their hospital, deaths by suicide have surpassed deaths from the coronavirus, noting a year's worth of suicide attempts in the past month alone. ABC News reports:

Doctors at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek say they have seen more deaths by suicide during this quarantine period than deaths from the COVID-19 virus.

The head of the trauma in the department believes mental health is suffering so much, it is time to end the shelter-in-place order.

"Personally I think it's time," said Dr. Mike de Boisblanc. "I think, originally, this (the shelter-in-place order) was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients. We have the current resources to do that and our other community health is suffering."

The numbers are unprecedented, he said.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."

Kacey Hansen has worked as a trauma nurse at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for almost 33 years. She is worried because not only are they seeing more suicide attempts, she says they are not able to save as many patients as usual.

"What I have seen recently, I have never seen before," Hansen said. "I have never seen so much intentional injury."

They aren't the only doctors speaking out. There's a growing chorus of voices in the medical community warning that the continued lockdowns are having a more serious impact than the virus.

Just this week, hundreds of doctors from across the country wrote a letter to President Trump warning that protracted lockdowns have caused a "mass casualty event." The Daily Wire reports:

Thousands of physicians in all specialties and from all States would like to express our gratitude for your leadership," the letter, obtained by Fox News, began. "We write to you today to express our alarm over the exponentially growing negative health consequences of the national shutdown."

"In medical terms, the shutdown was a mass casualty incident…During a mass casualty incident, victims are immediately triaged to black, red, yellow, or green. The first group, triage level black, includes those who require too many resources to save during a mass crisis. The red group has severe injuries that are survivable with treatment, the yellow group has serious injuries that are not immediately life threatening, and the green group has minor injuries." ...

Millions of Americans are already at triage level red. These include 150,000 Americans per month who would have had a new cancer detected through routine screening that hasn't happened, millions who have missed routine dental care to fix problems strongly linked to heart disease/death, and preventable cases of stroke, heart attack, and child abuse. Suicide hotline phone calls have increased 600%."

"Tens of millions are at triage level yellow ... Liquor sales have increased 300–600%, cigarettes sales have increased, rent has gone unpaid, family relationships have become frayed, and millions of well-child check-ups have been missed. Hundreds of millions are at triage level green. These are people who currently are solvent, but at risk should economic conditions worsen. Poverty and financial uncertainty is closely linked to poor health."

"A continued shutdown means hundreds of millions of Americans will downgrade a level[.] ... We are alarmed at what appears to be the lack of consideration for the future health of our patients. The downstream health effects of deteriorating a level are being massively under-estimated and under-reported. This is an order of magnitude error. It is impossible to overstate the short, medium, and long-term harm to people's health with a continued shutdown."

"Losing a job is one of life's most stressful events, and the effect on a person's health is not lessened because it also has happened to 30 million other people[.] ... Keeping schools and universities closed is incalculably detrimental for children, teenagers, and young adults for decades to come. The millions of casualties of a continued shutdown will be hiding in plain sight, but they will be called alcoholism, homelessness, suicide, heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure."

The letter concluded, "In youths it will be called financial instability, unemployment, despair, drug addiction, unplanned pregnancies, poverty, and abuse. Because the harm is diffuse, there are those who hold that it does not exist. We, the undersigned, know otherwise. Please let us know if we may be of assistance."

Just as Trump warned early on, "mitigation" was not sustainable due to the fallout, as propogandists who parade as journalists mocked and challenged him. (Who knew that mitigation would turn out to be code for tyrannical rule?)

The left now plays the virus card — the key to victory in 2020. And to cover their bases, mail-in ballots to steal the election.

No matter if the entire economy is devastated and tens of millions of lives ruined, with layer upon layer of devastating consequences stretching into the foreseeable future.

The road to power for totalitarians is littered with dead bodies.

As for Fauci, he has no right to claim any interest in public health. No one with a genuine interest in this could stand behind the absurd ideas he peddles. He seems a lunatic, stuck on one thing, unable or unwilling to see the forest for the trees. I don't know if he's incompetent or has an evil streak. Whatever the reason, he needs to be completely sidelined, if not outright fired.

As Rand Paul wrote in a USA Today op-ed when speaking of Fauci:

How come he is so understated when it comes to compassion for the people whose lives have been wrecked by his policies but so demonstrative when trying to scare the American people? ... Unbelievably, Fauci has suggested that the economic and societal impacts of policies for which he has advocated were not considered when he offered his advice.

Another op-ed in the Eurasia Review written by a gentleman by the name of Zachary Yost, titled "Anthony Fauci: The Learned Ignoramus," skewers Fauci, and rightfully so. He writes:

Dr. Anthony Fauci ... has perhaps made the most ridiculous assertion, stating at a White House briefing on April 1 that "we could 'relax social distancing' once there's 'no new cases, no deaths,' but the real turning point won't come until there's a vaccine." Similarly, Dr. Zeke Emanuel, an architect of Obamacare and current advisor to Joe Biden, declared that it will be impossible to return to "normalcy" for eighteen months and that no matter the economic cost: "The truth is we have no choice[.] ... We cannot return to normal until there's a vaccine."

Such ideas are frankly madness, and would take an incalculable toll on the health and wealth of all Americans. Tens of millions of Americans find themselves out of work or with reduced hours or pay. The idea that society could continue to exist in such a state betrays a lack of any understanding of the social order.

Yes. "Madness" and an "incalculable toll." Welcome to the left's vision for America. Obama's dream come true: the fundamental transformation is nearly complete. Who knew that the six-foot rule would mean a national grave?

Bannedjoe

I haven't seen much reporting on suicides, but then again, I haven't gone looking.

There are many of us who live remotely, or have a remote location to bug out to.
There are also those of us with more of a prepper mentality than the average person, so we stand to fair much better than others.

But I have thought a lot about people in the big cities such as Newyork, where people live in tiny little apartments, paying thousands of dollars for a few square feet.

These folks with no jobs and a pittance of an income must be strapped beyond belief.
And besides that, they have nowhere to go to get a little relief, what with parks closed and all.
Many don't have cars, so a trip to the country just to get out for awhile isn't an option.

I can't imagine sitting in a 200 sqft apt for weeks and weeks on end, with not much to eat, not many places to shop, nothing to do, and nowhere to go.

Being in the same situation, it wouldn't be hard to imagine one blowing their heads off, or jumping out a window.

I'll have to agree with the article, and the thought that the situation has been made much worse than just letting this virus run its course.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend was talking about not seeing his 90 yr old mom for months now. Made me wonder about all the other older folks who might feel totally abandoned and forgot about. Left to die. No easy answer. We can be safe and still see people. There has to be a way. Depression can hurt them as much or more. It could take away their will to live.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
There is fast coming a point where participating in the lockdown is much worse than taking you chances and getting on with life. Basically what the virus has done is erase medical advancements of the 20th and 21st century. If you have Heart disease, Cancer, Diabetes, COPD, or any other condition that modern medicine is keeping you alive, you just got transported back to the 1800's, if you are under 65 and healthy the odds are on your side. No matter how this thing started it is now politicized with the commie left using it to control you and ruin the economy. The folks that are compramized can and should take precaution. The rest be careful and get on with it before the point of no return on the economy. If the economy fails some folks have no idea how hard life will be for them, and the Wuhan flu will still be around with no job, no money, no food, no place to live with limited services and health care. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Never have so few done so much to so many to the detriment of our country!! When so many small businesses are gone forever I hope the ones who caused it can sleep well at night.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That is basically what I've been saying for weeks, let people get on with their lives but take care of the high risk and most vulnerable among us.

Me? I'm so high risk that I'm in a category of my own. I'm not going to be running around partying all night long or dancing the night away in some honkey-tonk. I'll keep social distancing and wearing my mask when in town. I'll stay up on my little hill isolated from people. As banned joe said, I have a prepper mentality and I can still sit up here for months if need be but for God's sake don't destroy everything that we hold dear in order to "flatten some freekin' curve". I hate that expression.

Texas is opening back up in most places because it's only using about 10% of it's capability to handle the virus. Why destroy the whole State when you have 90% spare capacity. It makes no sense at all. Tell these friggin' experts that they have had their 15 minutes of fame and now fuck off. I'm trying hard to think of one thing that they actually got 100% correct. Thank the Lord for Trump and someone with some common sense.

Bannedjoe

If someone hadn't come along and named it, then tracked down the origins, and instead they just said, Wow! The flu is pretty bad this year, no one would have paid much attention, and life would have gone on.

I don't think we're fucked beyond repair (of course some are) but good luck getting this nation to ever fall for this shit again.