• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stranger than fiction

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
AP story from MSNBC website

Nobody move or the one on the right gets it, too
Would-be kidnapper shoots own left testicle, police say, then nails left calf

Updated: 6:03 p.m. ET Nov 15, 2006

WICHITA, Kan. - A botched kidnapping ended with one of the assailants shooting himself in the groin, Wichita police said.

The man had just stuck the gun back into his waistband when it fired, shooting him in the left testicle. He cringed, causing the gun to fire again and strike him in the left calf.

When the shooting ended, the 23-year-old man managed to walk himself into the hospital for treatment, police said. He and his two accomplices, ages 18 and 20, were arrested for aggravated attempted kidnapping and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

The men were attempting to kidnap a teen in a dispute over stereo speakers, police said.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Deer assault case presents unusual issues

DULUTH -- Prosecution of a case involving alleged sexual contact with a dead deer may hinge on the legal definition of the word "animal.''

Bryan James Hathaway, 20, of Superior, Wis., faces a misdemeanor charge of sexual gratification with an animal. He is accused of having sex with a dead deer he saw beside a road on Oct. 11.

A motion filed last week by his attorney, public defender Fredric Anderson, argued that since the deer was dead, it was not considered an animal and the charge should be dismissed.

"The statute does not prohibit one from having sex with a carcass,'' Anderson wrote.

Judge Michael Lucci heard the motion Tuesday.

"I'm a little surprised this issue hasn't been tackled before in another case,'' Lucci said.

The Webster's dictionary defines "animal'' as "any of a kingdom of living beings,'' Anderson said.

If you include carcasses in that definition, he said, "you really go down a slippery slope with absurd results.''

Anderson argued: When does a turkey cease to be an animal? When it is dead?

When it is wrapped in plastic packaging in the freezer? When it is served, fully cooked?

A judge should decide what the Legislature intended "animal'' to mean in the statute, he said. "And the only clear point to draw the line in that definition, I believe, is the point of death.''

Assistant District Attorney James Boughner said the court can use a dictionary to determine the meaning of the word, but it doesn't have to.

"The common and ordinary meaning of a word can be found in how people actually use the word,'' Boughner wrote in his response to the motion.

When a person's pet dog dies, he told Lucci, the person still refers to the dog as his or her dog, not a carcass.

"It stays a dog for some time,'' Boughner said.

He referred to the criminal complaint, in which Hathaway told police he saw the dead deer in the ditch and moved it into the woods. Hathaway called it a dead deer, Boughner said, not a carcass.

"It did not lose its essence as a deer, an animal, when it died,'' he said.

Anderson argued that the statute, which falls under the heading "crimes against sexual morality,'' was meant to protect animals. That would be unnecessary in the case of a dead animal.

"If you look at the other crimes that are in this subsection, they all protect against something other than simply things we don't like or things we find disgusting,'' he said.

Other crimes in that subsection include incest, bigamy, public fornication and lewd and lascivious behavior.

Boughner said the focus of the statute was on punishing the human behavior, not protecting animals.

"It does not seem to draw a line between the living and the dead,'' he said.

Interpreting the statute to exclude dead animals would also exclude freshly killed animals, Boughner said. That, he said, could lead to people who commit such acts with animals to kill them.

Lucci said he would render a decision by Hathaway's next court appearance on Dec. 1.

The misdemeanor charge carries a maximum penalty of nine months in jail and a fine of up to $10,000. If convicted, Hathaway could serve a prison term of up to two years because of a previous conviction. In April 2005, Hathaway pleaded no contest to one felony charge of mistreatment of an animal for the shooting death of Bambrick, a 26-year-old horse, to have sex with the animal.
:beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Jailed for vile acts with bottle

Robert Ford

A serial flasher and sex pest who committed an indecent act in front of three women in the town centre will be jailed until 2010.

Robert Ford, of no fixed abode, went up to the women in Chain Street, pulled his trousers down and stuck the top of a vodka bottle up his bottom, Reading Crown Court heard.

The 30-year-old then followed the women to the train station where they alerted police and he was arrested for outraging public decency, at around 9.30pm on Saturday, May 13.

When arrested he told police that he “needed help”, Giles Curtis-Raleigh, prosecuting, told the court on Monday.

Rest of story
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/2005/2005331/jailed_for_vile_acts_with_bottle

Does anyone have land for sale that is so remote I'll have no contact with anyone for months at a time? I've decided to become a hermit

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
SF supes outlaw foam food containers, decriminalize adult pot use

Robert Selna, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 03 40 PM

(11-14) 15:40 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- The Board of Supervisors voted today to outlaw the use of Styrofoam and other polystyrene products by city restaurants and to effectively decriminalize the use, sale and cultivation of marijuana by adults.

The food container legislation, introduced by Board of Supervisors President Aaron Peskin and approved unanimously on the first of two votes needed for passage, would apply to about 3,400 restaurants in San Francisco as well city facility food service providers and food vendor companies contracting with the city. It is scheduled to be implemented June 1, 2007.

Polystyrene containers are blamed for filling up landfills and breaking down into smaller nonbiodegradable pieces that harm marine and other wildlife when they are ingested.

In passing the ordinance, San Francisco joins number of other cities around the country, including Oakland, Portland, Ore., and Berkeley, which banned Styrofoam and similar products nearly 20 years ago.

The marijuana legislation, which passed on an initial vote 8-3, would set nearly all crimes involving marijuana as the lowest law enforcement priority for city police and urges the district attorney to adopt the same policy when prosecuting criminal defendants.

It passed with the blessing of the police officials, but over the complaints of some residents who say the marijuana trade attracts or occurs along with other criminal activity that undermines the quality of life in their neighborhoods.

Ammiano introduced the legislation in August at the behest of groups pushing for the national decriminalization of marijuana.

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Kwiens said:
RoadKing,

Hey, what's up with this pick on Kansas Day!?!?

Kevin in Kansas

Who's picking on Kansas? I like Kansas, drove thru a few years ago, loved Dodge City.

I was a kid when I saw the movie "In Cold Blood" for the first time and it rattled me some. When I saw the house for sale, I thought it fascinating that it's still standing and being lived in. Many places with that type of history get torn down.

The only problem I have with Kansas is it could use a couple of mountains. I'll tell you what, how 'bout we trade. I'll send you a mountain you send me a straight road we sure could use one of those.
:whistle: :whistle:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Kwiens said:
RoadKing,

Hey, what's up with this pick on Kansas Day!?!?

Kevin in Kansas

I didn't know that San Francisco and the United Kingdom are in Kansas...... :yum: Guess you slept through your geography classes. Junk