• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kitten Questions

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
First and foremost, this isn't to offend any Kitten owners out there! As an owner I can respect it. But over the years of researching and reading about Tuckers, occasionally a Kitten will pop up - like the one listed for sale on site right now.

How many Kittens did Tucker produce? Obviously low (well not as rare as Allen Parsons Tucker 323, only one or two made???), but you do see them for sale occasionally.

What or who was their primary market? They seem too small to be of much use other than personal local excursions and light towing.

What was their primary use expected to be?

David

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good questions all, and honestly I have no clue to the answers.

I wonder if any of our members has a sales brochure from a Kitten because that would probably answer the marketing questions.

Here is a brochure about the Kitten, but it primarily talks about the different tracks, not the actual uses of the Kitten => http://www.timwafer.com/Tucker/300kitten.html

This Tucker collector website says 110 Kitten's were made => http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/222.htm

Below is the cover of a brochure, but I don't have the brochure and the cover doesn't give real information.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 377

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting Cidertom..

It appears the Kitten has three vee belts on each side for turning purposes. So in effect it is friction driven. The pontoons must be able to keep those belts dry one would hope...

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting Cidertom..

It appears the Kitten has three vee belts on each side for turning purposes. So in effect it is friction driven. The pontoons must be able to keep those belts dry one would hope...

Regards, Kirk

Thats not what they came with they should have a clutch brake unit like pictured on page 10

someone must have have changed it at sometime

Attachments

• 222%20Manual%20WM.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 193

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
boggie no.4 in Cidertoms link, the kitten with out its clothes on 3 pages down. Says 3 "belts". I must be misunderstanding what they mean by belts...

Regards, Kirk

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well that's pretty cool. Would be neat to see somebody go thru one for a restoration.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
According to one of the Tucker people, only about 120 were produced. So far the only years I've seen is 58, 59, and 60. There were either 2 or 3 of the 222 (Kitten designation) that were Cab Forward, and sported VW Industrials instead of the Ford Anglia flat head water cooled. The one I had was incredably aggressive, and reasonably fast. A bit noisy on hard surfaces.
I did track down owners of the VW powered Cab forward models. One lived in Fairbanks and traded hands there several times, the other belonged to the chap at Cable Airport, outside of LA. His had ruberized grousers completely different from the normal Tucker Grouser. The owner had a huge collection of restored millitary vehicles that he rented out to Hollywood for movie productions. I heard rumor that his has changed hands since. As for price, ask Mary Guthrie, from snow trans. She has handled quite a few of these.

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Did the TimWafer.com information get moved to a new location? Looks like these links don’t lead where they used to.

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
What about narrow track kittens? Anyone have any information on the different pontoons they put on kittens?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
What about narrow track kittens? Anyone have any information on the different pontoons they put on kittens?

narrow pontoons were on the first kitten, round door, up to about 1955..think 56 had standard width pontoons and all square doors had standard pontoons

fyi, all if not almost all were changed over to standard width pontoons cuz they were very dangerous and will tip out over very easily.

if you buy one, best use is garage art...extremely top heavy

Last edited: