• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Parent's stories - Have any?

Dutch-NJ

Do you have any interesting or funny stories told to you by your parents or grandparents? I’ll start...........

My father immigrated to America from Germany. He had “continental” manners.

After being processed through Ellis Island, he found his way to the New York subway. As the train stopped and opened the doors, my father removed his hat and started to step aside to let the ladies enter.

The mob of New Yorkers (including the ladies) knocked him down and cursed him for being in the way as they stepped over his body. That’s culture shock.

How about it? Do you have any stories?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if this qualifies, but it's one of those memories that is funny to me...
I was probably about 8 years old. Now think like an 8 year old for a minute. My mom and I were standing at a bus stop, waiting for the bus. A car drove by with a bunch of guys in it and they all whistled at my mom. (This was probably about 1963). I just could not figure out why the hell they were whistling at my mom. She told me not to tell dad. Yah, right. I told my dad, and he just smiled at my mom. All I could think was she's my mom and how could, or why would, anybody whistle at her.
Years later, maybe when I was 25 or so, I found a box of photos of my mom from that era. She dresed nice and was very attractive. But back then, chit, she was my mom!

Dutch-NJ

Fred:

Your story certainly does qualify.

I think all children have a unique view thier parents.

I never realized how attractive my mother was until I was about 30 years old and my wife pointed it out to me.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I realize how ugly my wife is every morning when I wake up and every evening before I go to bed. She is so ugly, that she can stare down a locomotive and make a train take a dirt road!!!!!!!:pat: