• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made lump crab cakes.
Baked sweet potato.
Cucumber and onion salad.
20200222_190433-615x672.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
POT ROAST for dinner :clap:

Got 2.5 pounds of beef chuck roast. I'll be searing that in a cast iron dutch oven a bit later in the day. Adding some beef stock and the veggies and roasting it in slow and low for most of the afternoon.

The chuck is almost thawed, should be good to go in an hour or so. Already cut up the carrots, parsnip, onion and grabbed a handful of those tiny multi-colored potatoes to throw in too.

rugerman

Roast beef with homemade gravey green beans, and homemade cats head biscuits to either sop the gravey or to slather with butter and homemade blackberry jelly (seedless)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A dish including bacon again.
Pierogies loaded with crispy fried bacon, caramelized onions and sweet corn.
Oh baby.
Nct20200310_172720-1152x1152.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not dinner. Breakfast and lunch. Lol. Homemade waffles for breakfast. And fried persians for lunch. They're a cinnamon roll with a sweet strawberry icing on it. After a day or two, they start to get hard so I slice them in half and fry them in butter. Mmmmm good.
608d3cd98855e553c2c7093848c06d73.jpg
ff2ad4d46dfe3b3fffcb4fc6e3811c75.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sloppy Joe for dinner tonight! Not sure what the sides will be. Maybe some roasted squash?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made pigs in a blanket using Johnsonville brats.
It made 6 altogether, so my friend Jules stopped by on her way home from work and got the other 4, for herself and her son.
:smile:

20200401_172552-768x768.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
PG, you need to eat more!

Since we've been cooped up, to stop my wife from going crazy I've been challenging her to come up with something different for supper. Today I chose salmon. She hunted the internet and came up with a recipe for baked salmon with lemon-butter sauce with potatoes and onions. We also had asparagus out of our garden. It was cracking good. Sorry, no photos.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
PG, you need to eat more!

Since we've been cooped up, to stop my wife from going crazy I've been challenging her to come up with something different for supper. Today I chose salmon. She hunted the internet and came up with a recipe for baked salmon with lemon-butter sauce with potatoes and onions. We also had asparagus out of our garden. It was cracking good. Sorry, no photos.

Lol
I love cooking on my days off.
Imma gonna make a Reuben for lunch from the lefties.

I like seeing other people's creations.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Last night we had a pot roast and all the veggies. She used a Ree Drummond recipe for the "ultimate pot roast" and it was probably the best that I've ever eaten. Magnificent ... and we'll probably be having it again soon. A 3# roast is too much for 2 people to eat in one sitting.

Today we had hot dogs for lunch so when supper rolled around we weren't looking for anything too heavy. We had ham steaks, mac and green beans. It was just enough but not too much. I've a funny feeling that tomorrow we will be revisiting the pot roast.

I have a good friend who refuses to eat leftovers in any shape of form. It must be the way I was brought up but eating leftovers was just a way of life, waste not, want not. How do you guys feel about eating leftovers? My wife can recycle one night's meal into something delicious for the next evening.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
American Chop Suey. Melted mozzarella cheese on top, side of salad and a few garlic bread sticks. I love it. :clap:

We love leftovers. Right now during this plannedemcic we are making larger than normal recipes and eating it for at least 3 days. We have found that is the most economical way of stretching our food stocks.

We too know people who absolutely refuse to eat leftovers. They throw away any food leftover. I take away two observations from that. First, they obviously were not raised by depression era and WW2 veterans like I was or the value of food would have been one of the prime directives growing up. Secondly, they must have more money than I have because i cringe every time food must be discarded. It is not in my DNA, my parents saw to that.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I had tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Then rice pudding for dessert.

You had me girl, right up until the rice pudding. I'm sorry but it is just not one of my favorites. I think it has something to do with the way I was brought up in the UK after WW2.

Don't fret about it. I hate kale for the same reason. :bolt:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh why, oh why did I have to do that? I'll be kicking my own ass for two days now. :smile:

I've got three college degrees and I just got an education. Thank you sir. :clap: Whenever I start to get a little bit pompous, I'll remember this moment.

Bannedjoe

Oh why, oh why did I have to do that? I'll be kicking my own ass for two days now. :smile:

I've got three college degrees and I just got an education. Thank you sir. :clap: Whenever I start to get a little bit pompous, I'll remember this moment.

No worries man!
If I can make at least 1 person laugh, giggle, or scratch their head each day, I feel I have done my job.

Thanks for playing!:clap: