• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Ford Motor/Tranny Mounts..Help Needed?

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
So I'm thinking that finding motor mounts for my Bombardier SV250 will be no problem...well im Striking out here all the local parts shops and Ford cant seem to find em.

The FoMoCo number is on one side is:

C1TT 6068 B AU 50

and the other side is:

C2TA-6068-C-YEL

Ford says those aren't part numbers they are engineering numbers so they need my vin...:hammer:

All 3 mounts are the same, 1 for front of motor and 2 for side of FMX Transmission.
Thank you in advance hopefully some has seen this style mount somewhere...
1b1cae3acddb77355cecf7c7fb899248.jpg

36cb996696cd9ea9f253b81a779d529b.jpg

52f5d62cd00add36d93c01338330c2df.jpg

Last edited:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Have you tried looking for marine engine mounts ?

I've ended up having to order generic mounts using the size and weight specifications.

Not for a snowcat but for a boat.

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for all the quick replies! PJLs Ford Part Decoder helped me figure out where to start, then I remembered that Bombardier was made in Canada, so I started checking off all the vehicles Ford made in Canada in 1962 and googled mounts for those, and started scanning pics...and there it was! It’s a Cantilever Rear TRANSMISSION mount for a 1962-65 Ford Falcon or Comet

https://cgfordparts.com/ufolder/cgc...er+transmission+mount&sd=Search&searchnumber=

Now I just need to figure out the lower mount....

Last edited:

Snowy Rivers

Ya know...

Now might be an excellent to time to do a bit of redesign and update the mounts to something that will be available for many years...

Either that or when you find the parts....grabs some extras for the parts shelf.

You are at a spot now that you can get at the entire cradle and engine easily, and maybe making some upgrades would be a good thing ?????

The hot rod parts sites are full of stuff for engine mounting and swaps....there has got to be goodies available that can adapt easily.....

Snowy Rivers

JUST ONE I SCARED UP

Unless you are wanting an absolute by the numbers restoration...don't be afraid to get creative. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-03-25 05:16:40.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-03-25 05:16:40.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 210

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Well this is what I get for believing things on the internet....new one is 1” less in Diameter and 3/4” thinner...both made the same with metal inserts and molded in washers just a 2/3 the size...so I might be onto a universal style.
Sorry I didn’t take it out of the plastic but I’m returning it...

968ad324dedc26e31a0c3660485a3ca5.jpg

Snowy Rivers

The internet is great......but many times things are listed as something they are NOT.

Good luck in the quest for something that will work well and that can be duplicated if need be..