• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Event Schedule

vintagebike

Western Canada, the Pacific Northwest and the East Coast are getting all the snow the last few days. Weather.Com says McCall is in for a snowy January starting on the 6th. Brundage Mountain is fully open. Plus a few remote live cam shots from our house on the hill above Payette Lake and McCall. And a shot of the Jug Mountain Trail map to refresh your memories.

BD0EBAC2-D57F-4F59-97A2-7BC958682765.jpg

942784B8-50B8-426E-8028-8F0AA41C7B0C.jpg

247E8103-D2F5-42E3-BB04-2FB965B7B9B1.jpg

E70B6C9F-9E5C-4039-B8F9-558BCA25F322.jpg

Last edited:

vintagebike

End of Year Payette Lake View

Payette Lake in McCall is starting to freeze but not usually fully covered till mid January. Those look like Snow Clouds to me.:thumbup:

AEA13AEF-B454-4C9A-9B4F-4429DED5A215.jpg

vintagebike

Remember the events start this year on Wednesday at Little Ski Hill. You don’t want to miss that one if possible. :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Last edited:

vintagebike

On Track for McCallin’ 2018

1949 Sophie is getting new original style sliding side windows, a Pertronix ignition, new LED headlights and floodlight, trail shovel and axe and a new auxiliary battery. A bit more snow and off for trial runs.
29C96B25-53FC-456C-AF01-0026DBC562F3.jpeg

AF10C8E1-B295-489A-A897-26447C88B1F2.jpg

C446460A-2CC3-40ED-AEBF-04CE216735A4.jpg

14C5BF1D-D097-4FDF-B689-EFC77ABFCCC2.jpg

Last edited:

vintagebike

Ill be back home in Idaho this coming week- the Snow Cat brew is at the top of the list. How did everyone like the keggged Snow Cat Golden Orange? :beer:

Mother Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I've tried to like a lot of crap I mean craft beers along the way. The Sno Cat Orange was worth having more than one on purpose. Would most certainly take some home in a bottle. We tried the Bayen Groomer and found it quite palleteable also. We would like to try and score some of this brew also. I would gladly pay you next tuesday for some Groomer today,.... maybe not such a good idea that might be considerd bootlegging.

vintagebike

Just for Fun

McCallin’ All Cats 2018 is just over 5 weeks away. Time for a few pics to grab some of the fence sitters.
ECA6C60B-4F64-4ADE-BA44-4C9C3A12ADBD.gif

205B86D8-27D0-43D5-8741-8F89A326B7BD.png

3CF69E3D-837E-49E0-B5D9-9C54EBB07AA0.jpeg

8E21F247-A5CD-4F2C-863C-F6685E81A5BD.jpeg

BE59DCED-CDBE-4891-8111-4A2E786D6CB5.jpeg
I guess I should have booked that hotel room.

vintagebike

Great to see all the Cat Folks heading back to the Clowder! :walking gator:
Here in McCall there are already 24 rooms booked at the Best Western, well ahead of last year at about 5 weeks out. So if you are on the fence...the snow report is looking much better with my weather guy Joe Bastardi posting that February will be the West’s Winter. I’m driving back to Idaho on Thursday from Northern California and after the culture shock wears off I will be putting all the finishing touches on the particulars for McCallin’ All Cats 2018. There are only about 10 rooms left in our booking block. :bolt:
D25BD658-E933-4F58-BEBF-18B410BE122C.jpeg
We waited too long

vintagebike

Little Ski Hill waiting for us

The first day of McCallin' All Cats 2018 is at The Little Ski Hill- all day and into the night on Wednesday Frbruary 21st. Yes you can ski from your Cat! Just took these shots this afternoon and evening.:letitsnow:
IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
haRe: Little Ski Hill waiting for us

The first day of McCallin' All Cats 2018 is at The Little Ski Hill- all day and into the night on Wednesday Frbruary 21st. Yes you can ski from your Cat! Just took these shots this afternoon and evening.:letitsnow:
View attachment 95398

View attachment 95399

That looks good. I think i'll take the trail down.
So far we have 4 snow tracs coming from my side of the mountains.

Steve, are you going to be running one this year?
Jim

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: haRe: Little Ski Hill waiting for us

That looks good. I think i'll take the trail down.
So far we have 4 snow tracs coming from my side of the mountains.

Steve, are you going to be running one this year?
Jim

Jim VT, that is great you have your gang of tracs coming, AWESOME Jim VT

i heard of a couple more that are attending,

they are east of you, WOW, how cool, they are great machines.

snow tracs rule, tuckers are orange and orange you glad you do not own one?

Last edited:

Beartooth

Hmmmm, Snow trac or Tucker. I am indecisive. Snowtrac is always ready yet the Tucker 443 has been out every weekend on the Ranch. Hmmmm. Scratch scratch scratch!!!

Doug

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmmm, Snow trac or Tucker. I am indecisive. Snowtrac is always ready yet the Tucker 443 has been out every weekend on the Ranch. Hmmmm. Scratch scratch scratch!!!

Doug

Doug, it is a no brainer, bring the snow trac, make it the largest gathering of snow tracs outside of Sweden, and just think, you will not need to grease the rollers each night on the tucker....

Last edited:

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Hmm, I was trying to decide who I was going to hang with, steel pontoons, rubber trackers, or the Snow Tracs. Got the foot and hand brakes working on the Snow Trac but it now has a large puddle of gear oil under the transaxle!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, I was trying to decide who I was going to hang with, steel pontoons, rubber trackers, or the Snow Tracs. Got the foot and hand brakes working on the Snow Trac but it now has a large puddle of gear oil under the transaxle!

Those seals at the small sprocket are a chore to get to. Unless someone cut holes in the sides.
Jim

mikemikelle

Hey All,

Got my Best Western reservation, and they tell me the Snowcat block is full! (They also mentioned a hockey tournament or something, so things were filling up fast)

Looking forward to meeting all of you! Anything I need to do to sign up? Bringing the Imp with a brand new pull behind skied trailer contraption.

Coming from Lake Stevens, WA (30 miles North of Seattle). Do any of you PNWers have any thoughts on the route? I've traveled I-90/I-84 before (we would stop over in Pendleton), just not the stretch up to McCall. Total distance is about 550 miles. The other option: I-90/WA 26 to Lewiston, then South on US-95 to McCall (500 miles total) is the other option. Been on most of it, just not the Idaho portion. Looks twisty? Any advice is appreciated. Rather have a new and scenic, but not if it is really slow or sketchy, as compared to 84 thru Oregon.

Thanks too all who have put this together. It looks like it will be a great time.

Also, have seen you talk about permits/licenses, but haven't caught any specifics...Do we know any more?

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I've taken both routes and really do not have a preference. I would call it a draw. If high speed is your thing, the then 90 to 82 to 84 might shave some time but the other route is scenic. Once you drop into Lewiston, the route along the river is nice. It is a bit twisty but flat and really no concerns. We will likely head the southern route this year and up through Weiser into New Meadows and McCall. We plan on Leaving Anacortes early Wed morning.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Two of us are leaving auburn,wa. Early tuesday feb 20 if anyone wants to meet on the way .

vintagebike

We will help you find a warm bed at a nice hotel if the Best Western fills up...and you can still park your trailer next door and come to the special breakfast on Thursday.:eatdrink:

Last edited: