• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A guy who lives by me was robbed at gunpoint and now he is charged!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
This happened right by my house really. Four blacks broke into the guy's house and robbed him at gunpoint. His wife arrived home during the robbery and he shouted for her to call 911. At that point the 4 black guys take off from the scene. Obviously rattled, Ira not seeing his daughter, thought they possibly had her. Where I live, every resident would have done the same thing; he jumped in his truck and pursued the 4 blacks in his pickup. Knowing the twisting roads in this area his entire life, he tried to turn their car to stop them from getting away. Instead, he wrecked them and now he's facing murder charges while the thugs are only facing small crimes for home invasion.

Here is the article : Robbed man pursues robbers and now is charged with murder

To be honest, many would have shot and killed each in the car after they wrecked them, but Ira did not do such a thing. Let's be honest, after someone roughs you up, sticks a loaded firearm in your face as they rob your home, you are likely to be a bit offended and want your pound of flesh, so to speak. Now the blacks are wanting him put in prison for life for chasing admitted burglars who may have had his daughter. Does anyone else see this as a bit wrong?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope he gets off on the charges. I went through a similar deal 30 years ago. I did not kill anybody but did put a bunch of holes in their pickup truck. Cost me a pile of money and 16 months probation. Mine was on my farm and not on the road. I did "assist" some other clowns up the highway and straight through the bend into the cornfield one other time with my old 85 Suburban. I called the cops before they did and after a brief chat with the sherrif deputy they were told to stay out of my place.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it's just me, but if someone points a gun to my face and threatens to kill me, I would go into a "Either I die or you all die" mode if my kids are in the house with me. And after the wreck, gee, they tried to shoot me as I was trying to see if my daughter was in the car, so I had to shoot all of them in self defense. Glad to find out my daughter was hiding in the house. As far as the dead thugs, no more home invasions by them.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I will be honest with you. If my home and family held at gun point and ran I would of chased them down also. Now once they wrecked I would of finished them by what ever means at hand then got back in my car and gone home period. The cops would have to figure out what happened, then tie it to me and hope they could prove it if they could tie it to me.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be honest with you. If my home and family held at gun point and ran I would of chased them down also. Now once they wrecked I would of finished them by what ever means at hand then got back in my car and gone home period. The cops would have to figure out what happened, then tie it to me and hope they could prove it if they could tie it to me.

I think you and I get to the same place but just take a different route at times. :wink:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If I thought they had my daughter, I would of chased them to the ends of the Earth if need be. Then shot each one in the face. I would have been on hot SOB I can tell you that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Time used to be if someone invaded your house, (your castle) and tghreatened your life you were justified in hunting themdown as a matter of "social justice' in order to protect the rest of the village.

No we have made it inconvenient for the victims and convenient for the thugs. This is called being "civilized.":ermm:

Civilized huh.:unsure:
Given the chronic crime rates in some of our civilized areas , I'm not sure I like it.:hammer:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some thing similar happen in our small quiet community last weekend. A local got all tanked up on booze and meth and put a revolver in the face of my neighbor. He slammed the door in the guys face, and holed up in a bed room on the second story of the house, and called 911.. Since the only shots fired were either in the air or the ground there is very little the Sherriff's office can do. He will be out in a couple of weeks after the judge gets through with him. Since they didn't go to his home that night, ( it is rumored he has night vision goggles and guns) They simply don't have enough on him to keep him for very long...If they had gone right away to his house they might have found his drug stash and been able to charge him with more than the can now. It took them a day and a half to find him, out in the timber along the river...

We've known this guy all of our lives and sober and off the meth his is not a problem. But every couple of years he goes off the deep end, only to sober up and be very coooperative.

So what do you do with a guy like this? He isn't a problem daily or usually even annually. This is however the wildest thing he has done in all these years however...

Regards, Kirk

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I live in rural Texas and every tree in my driveway has a sign to the effect that tresspassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again. Also are the signs that say that you are now in range. I even have one that says that tresspassers will be shot and the remains will be fed to the dogs. In my house I am in reach of a loaded firearm no matter where I happen to be. To date, I have not had any visitors because I guess they can read. Well, have a goodun!!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A person robbing your house, threatening your family and causing you fear for your life is, at that particular time, in a confirmable state of guilt.
When they take your stuff, or do you physical harm, they are still in a confirmable state of guilt.:hammer:

However, once you call the police they are only alleged to be crimminals.:ermm:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it's just me, but if someone points a gun to my face and threatens to kill me, I would go into a "Either I die or you all die" mode if my kids are in the house with me. And after the wreck, gee, they tried to shoot me as I was trying to see if my daughter was in the car, so I had to shoot all of them in self defense. Glad to find out my daughter was hiding in the house. As far as the dead thugs, no more home invasions by them.

^^^^^ THIS

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Self defense class I recently attended:

Rule #1 - shoot to kill or don't have a weapon and die. Dead men don't press charges or sue you.
Rule #2 - When you are arrested (and you will be) the only thing you say is, "I was in fear for my (family's) life and I want my lawyer." Police are not your friends in this situation.

loboloco

Rule #1 - shoot to kill or don't have a weapon and die. Dead men don't press charges or sue you.
Rule #2 - When you are arrested (and you will be) the only thing you say is, "I was in fear for my (family's) life and I want my lawyer." Police are not your friends in this situation.
Dead on.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
In Texas I don't think that the Grand Jury would send this case to trial if it even got as far as the Grand Jury.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Strange that we are so far apart yet seemingly went to the same self defense class. Oh, I should mention Rule #1-1/2 .... never ever, ever say that you shot in order to wound your assailant. If you do you will be sued for certain. If you shoot, you shot to kill as you were in deadly fear of your life.