• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A SLED FOR MY SNOWCATS

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well in my little treasure trove I found in the back of my latest Thiokol I found a tow bar for who knows what. Anyway I was outside having a cold one when I noticed that it might fit on my sled I had tucked away. The sled was another bonus when I bought my Kristi last year. It had a broken tow bar but the bar was useless because it hade a very small ball hitch socket like 1" or something. Anyway I tucked her out of the way till I built something diffrent but didnt know what. So as I was saying I was outside having a cold one and put two and two together. Actually the tow bar a Sled. The fit wasnt perfect but pretty damn close. 2 minutes with the grinder and it was done! I will fine tune it later but for now heres the pics. She is ready to haul stuff now! Heres the pictures.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Heres the pics.:thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 292

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Last 4 :alc:

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 300

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that going to be big enough to cart your Slow Master to the dump? Oh, that's right, it's in a thousand little pieces. It will just take several trips.

Polar

One concern is whether the sled will slide too far sideways while sidehilling with the cat, and run into the cat tracks. Besides some healthy skegs on the sled runners, I'd suggest a couple of other mods: 1) short tow 'safety chains' between the hitch assemble and the tow bars so the sled cannot slide too far sideways. Turning around by backing up may mean disconnecting them first 2) Add some sides to the sled runners, sort of like the sides of the pontoons on a steel track Tucker to give lateral sidehill resistance in powder snow where the skegs are not enough. Take all of this advice from a Tucker 423 owner who has skis on the front of his Sno-cat and pontoons on the rear...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The sled was another bonus when I bought my Kristi last year. .

:pat: Oh................I could tell that the sled was made for pulling a kristi around. A 1" bar sounds about right for pulling a kristi around. Aren't they made of cardboard boxes stuck together with bubble gum anyways.:yum: :beer: :alc:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
YES they are. See Bob has it all wrong. I fixed the sled so when we go caming I can just haul his Kristi around on so he would have a place to sleep. Then he can hop in the back after breakfast and make brrrrrr brrrrrrrrr bbbbrrrrrrrrrr noises as I pull him along. Hey who said us Aktiv and Thiokols owners didnt have compassion for our little Kristi friends!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The sled skis have a nice runner along the bottm to help in sidehilling. I love the idea of the tow chains and will rig something up. The best sleds EVER use standard guard rails as skis. The wont slide sideways period! I have a source (had excuse me) for guard rail. Need to look them up again on the internet. (old comp died). I want to also rig up a simple hand winch front and back. Just incase I have to disconnect I can still have it hooked till I place her where I want for what ever reason.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
You bet BigAl, Hey hows that Kristi of yours coming? Did you ever get it running? :yum: Hey no fear if you need me to tow it I will make sure I bring my sled along. LMAO!

(And the sogga continues between Snow Tracs and Kristis. Will it never end?)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You bet BigAl, Hey hows that Kristi of yours coming? Did you ever get it running? quote]

You know damn well its sitting in the garage and runs perfect ...... other than whats wrong with it .
I know its a mental thing that is keeping it from moving so I am giving my brain a rest .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I never! Never passed a spelling test that is! Thanks for the correction there BigAl. It will happen again.

Well I guess every group needs a "Class Clown" and since, by you own admission , you have a Circus Tent ,I guess you are elected :applause: .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I was usually the class bully. But I guess a Class clown isnt so bad! It wont be a true circus tent till BOBP has his Kristi in there. Of course you can always drop the yetti off here and then it would be an exotic Zoo!