• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Complaint about FedEx

KenJackson

I'm very disappointed that FedEx no longer supports reasonable service. :sad:

I ordered a product and the web link said it would be here today. I expected to get home, grab the tag from my door and drive to the FedEx office and pick it up like I've done in the past.

But there are two problems. Their office now closes at 5:00 PM, which is before I even manage to get out of work. And it would be at the location across the city--a long ways away, so I can't go at lunch. (And the most direct path is via a toll road.)

I called the driver and he offered to deliver it to my neighbors. But I don't know (or in some cases trust) my neighbors and I don't want to bother them anyway. So he's going to deliver it Saturday. That's three days after it should have been delivered.

Am I the only one that wants to go pick up my packages at my convenience because there's no one at home during the day?

UPS is slightly better. DHL is even worse.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I trust my neighbors and just have FedEx, UPS, Mail and whoever just drop it off at my place even though no one is home. What pisses me off is when a company requires a signature and I have to drive 20 miles to get it on their time.

murph

KenJackson

I ... just have ... whoever just drop it off at my place even though no one is home.
Yeah, I do that if it's miscellaneous, low-cost merchandise that will probably be shipped in a relatively small, nondescript box. But this is expensive electronics in a name-brand box. I don't have an enclosed porch so any parcels sitting on the stoop are evident to passers-by.

Besides, it's my choice to go get it. Peace of mind out ranks convenience.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah, I do that if it's miscellaneous, low-cost merchandise that will probably be shipped in a relatively small, nondescript box. But this is expensive electronics in a name-brand box. I don't have an enclosed porch so any parcels sitting on the stoop are evident to passers-by.

Besides, it's my choice to go get it. Peace of mind out ranks convenience.

Tell whoever your buying from to require a signature. Then it won't just be dropped off, they have to have a signature.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Signature...........never stopped UPS from leaving the package. The last time they left over 1000.00 dollars worth of studio equipment on the front porch.....package labeled leave on patio on back of house. I called them, and it never happened since. Now, I never have had to sign even for packages from places that require it.

never used dhl, but fedex is worse than ups.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My son sent me a fax,scanner,printer for christmas and fed-ex dumped it at the end of my lane cause he did not want to drive 3/4 mile up to the house. It is a good thing the Amish don't have electric or it would have been gone by the time I found it a day later. Ups is a lot better for service. They know they can drop my stuff at my neighbor or his stuff up here. I did have an issue with ups when I first built here. I ordered chains for my backhoe on a next day delivery. The driver inquired at the local post office and never even tried to deliver the chains. When i called they said it was too much snow to climb the hill. I e-mailed pics of the road and showed them there were no tracks since I plowed at 1:00 while waiting for him. They sent him back at 9:30 that night in his personal truck to deliver them.

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
FedEx delivers here only on Thursdays, which means something ordered on Friday might take two weeks to deliver. I think their deliveries up here are by independent contractors. They are polite and efficient, just inconvenient. When DHL was in business here, they did not deliver to this town at all. They apparently found it cheaper to mail packages from the big city. If I have a choice, I prefer UPS. They deliver to this town five days a week and they meet the delivery schedules on their website.

KenJackson

why not have them deliver it to where you work?
I used to do that routinely when I worked for a small company. It was very convenient.

But now I work for a big company that has a big shipping department in the building where I work that receives lots of stuff. I'm just afraid my package would get swallowed and lost. And I wouldn't trust the driver to "meet me out front" since they are used to going to receiving.