• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Argo 8x8 Avenger

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Argo has been making these for years.

The one pictured is more recreational than what I and many others can use. It's lacking the utilitiarian components (dump box and such).

The Argo Centaur appears to be a good workhorse type vehicle.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill (mtntopper) has had some neighbors who have had the Argo units. For deep snow, even with the tracks added to the tires, he had reported they were worthless. However for other purposes I've never heard anything bad about them. We used to have a dealer near here who sold them and I've seen them out in the fields but have never driven one. I would say for most people they would be a great toy, for some they might be a good tool. I suppose it depends on the terrain where they will be used and what they will be expected to haul.

I'm not sure if it is fair to compare a floating-all terrain 8x8 to something like a Kubota UTV or Deere HPX, but how do the costs compare?

I know the Kubota/Deere/UTV units have a nice cargo bed, but the Argo will seat at least 4 people. Seems to me they are somewhat different and still could potentially be substituted if the tasks required were reasonable?