• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

First Horse(meat) Trading, Now 59% Of "Tuna" Sold In The U.S. Isn’t Tuna

Bamby

New Study Shows 59% of “Tuna” Sold in the U.S. Isn’t Tuna

This is just the latest revelation in the stealth inflation and food fraud theme I have written about frequently in recent months. The non-profit group Oceana took samples of 1,215 fish sold in the U.S. and genetic tests found that that 59% of those labeled tuna were mislabeled.

It seems that “white tuna” should be avoided in particular as “84% of fish samples labeled “white tuna” were actually escolar, a fish that can cause prolonged, uncontrollable, oily anal leakage.”

Oh and if you live in my hometown of New York City, you should pay particular attention:

Big Apple has big problem with seafood fraud: 94 percent of tuna and more than three quarters of sushi samples in New York City mislabeled.

Of the 142 fish samples collected in New York, 39 percent were mislabeled. New York City led the nation with the highest occurrence of mislabeled salmon as well as the highest amount of fraud among salmon collected from grocery stores and restaurants.
The full report from Oceana can be found here.

Bon appétit!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: First Horse(meat) Trading, Now 59% Of "Tuna" Sold In The U.S. Isn’t Tuna

I buy my Sushi from the corner gas station, he discounts the stuff that is 3 days old.

Yummy yummy sushi!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: First Horse(meat) Trading, Now 59% Of "Tuna" Sold In The U.S. Isn’t Tuna

The FDA is doing such a good job this sequester that cuts back on FDA inspectors should not even be noticed. :pat: :yum: