• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Brownshirts squash Free Speech in MidNight raid under Obama Administration

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aw now be nice. Mak2 is just trying to make new friends.:flowers:

I don't understand why anyone would want to ignore a view that is contrary. Does not a dissenting viewpoint help hone your own belief and make your points sharper?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't understand why anyone would want to ignore a view that is contrary. Does not a dissenting viewpoint help hone your own belief and make your points sharper?
Neither do I. If I have a problem with a post, I will so state. Otherwise dissenting views are how I learn.

I sometimes I wonder how many ignore lists I am on, but I don't wonder for very long.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Absolutely. So long as we discuss the person's view and not spin off topic discussing personality traits.

I enjoy Mak2's explanations of his divergent points of view. More fun than going to an Arcade. Besides, it is a well known fact that the human brain is the only tool which gets sharper with use. Or is it the human tongue?:whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Neither do I. If I have a problem with a post, I will so state. Otherwise dissenting views are how I learn.

I sometimes I wonder how many ignore lists I am on, but I don't wonder for very long.

I'm sure I am placed there often.

For me the ignore button is a cop out. To suffer fools is part of what one must do to endure the fatigue of freedom.
Either you stand the heat or git out of the kitchen.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I never gave any thought to whether or not I'm on any Ignore lists and if so, how many it might be. Well, I've taken the time (at
least two seconds) to give it some consideration, and have come to the conclusion that I wasted at least two seconds. If someone
wants to ignore me they'll have to live without the pearls being thrown at their feet. :brows:

mak2

They are afraid what happened to me will happen to them. No, not the head injury:smile: I found something in my studies that the Republicans were completely wrong aobut. Now I approach everything with a critical eye, no matter which side says it. On most forums I am to the right of center, most of my views are very right wing, yet many here cant tolerate even a little dissent. Sad really. I hang out here cause I like hearing what the far right is thinking and sometimes there is something the right is right about. Regardless it gives me a different way to look at things "out there."

Kane

They are afraid what happened to me will happen to them. No, not the head injury:smile: I found something in my studies that the Republicans were completely wrong aobut. Now I approach everything with a critical eye, no matter which side says it. On most forums I am to the right of center, most of my views are very right wing, yet many here cant tolerate even a little dissent. Sad really. I hang out here cause I like hearing what the far right is thinking and sometimes there is something the right is right about. Regardless it gives me a different way to look at things "out there."
Healthy debate is one thing, mak2. But you would defend this president if he said the grass is blue and the sky is green.

In this particular case, the entire administration is under order to maintain a lock-step front that the chaos in the Middle East has nothing to do with a thousand years of hatred for the West and Obama's policies, but is in response to an obscure youtube video.

The entire world knows better.

Kane

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyug3Ac7HU"]"Obama, the Final Straw!" - YouTube[/ame]

mak2

Everybody says I make these discussions personal. Not true in this case, and neither is your statement.
Healthy debate is one thing, mak2. But you would defend this president if he said the grass is blue and the sky is green.

In this particular case, the entire administration is under order to maintain a lock-step front that the chaos in the Middle East has nothing to do with a thousand years of hatred for the West and Obama's policies, but is in response to an obscure youtube video.

The entire world knows better.

SShepherd

I have no problem with debate, I do have a problem when people are condecending and belittling.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that we have diverted the thread to personal items, how about we get back ot the topic.

Has anyone noticed that the Muslims are now burning pictures of Barry, not Bush?

After all the friendly handshakes, after all the ordinance, blood and treasure Barry has sent over to them, after all the promises to help the Brotherhood and democracy in the region, why are they burning him, the annointed one, the emphathic one, the " I am your brother" one, in effigy?

loboloco

Now that we have diverted the thread to personal items, how about we get back ot the topic.

Has anyone noticed that the Muslims are now burning pictures of Barry, not Bush?

After all the friendly handshakes, after all the ordinance, blood and treasure Barry has sent over to them, after all the promises to help the Brotherhood and democracy, why are they burning him, the annointed one, the emphathic one, the " I am your brother" one, in effigy?
Because they are abunch of fanatic idiots. Obama is the best friend they have in the western world at this moment.
By preference, we should be viewing these pieces of garbage thru a glassy reflection caused by multiple nuclear strikes.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Not the first "brownshirt" raid. There is no free country in a permananent state of emergency. Does the name Brandon J Raub mean anything to you?

SShepherd

After all the friendly handshakes, after all the ordinance, blood and treasure Barry has sent over to them, after all the promises to help the Brotherhood and democracy in the region, why are they burning him, the annointed one, the emphathic one, the " I am your brother" one, in effigy?
bBecause they view the leader of everything they despise(the little satan-america) as weak. Men in their culture never apologise, and by the leader of the free world doing it they view America as weak. The more they burn our embassies and kill ambassadors with no swift punishment emboldens them even more.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Not the first "brownshirt" raid. There is no free country in a permananent state of emergency. Does the name Brandon J Raub mean anything to you?

Brandon Raub was a member of the miltary. They do not have freedom of speech in the same manner as civilians.

That said, I do hope he prevails in courtsmartial

mak2

And besides, he was ED'd. You know what that means CG. From what I just read it sounded like I would have called Psych if he was in my ER.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Brandon Raub was a member of the miltary. They do not have freedom of speech in the same manner as civilians.

He is and was at the time of his detainment, a marine veteran.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

If memory serves me, Brandon Raub is ex military. The photos of him in full dress uniform, I believe are older photos.

Too much of this going on. Raub has, like the rest of us, first amendment rights. It seems like anyone who crosses Barry, or even who is needed to make a case, as in
Zimmerman, is thrown under the bus.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
And besides, he was ED'd. You know what that means CG. From what I just read it sounded like I would have called Psych if he was in my ER.
I hope they don't follow some posts here. I 'spect many of us might be "ED'd":biggrin:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking the same thing. I'm ex military, I have been known to speak out against the government, and I live 2 miles from the Chesterfield police station. Am I next?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking the same thing. I'm ex military, I have been known to speak out against the government, and I live 2 miles from the Chesterfield police station. Am I next?

Probably not. In my opinion he's a total nutcase, as are all those who believe our own government planned and executed
the attacks on 9/11/01, but that is not a reason to detain him. As far as I can determine having your bubble a bit off-center
isn't illegal here, at least not yet. If it becomes so I'm going to go into hiding since so many folks, even on here, are sure my
fears of the plans being laid for us the Islamic Supremacists are also unrealistic (ie, crazy).

Maybe we should all worry. :ermm: