• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannedjoe

Time to start blocking, and slapping up tin.

Just for the record. There's well over half a pallet of cement in those holes.

Attachments

• IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
It's a nice looking car and he has a new job! I'm sure Jeff is happy and appreciative. I hope he does well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent the afternoon mowing the yard and back 40.

Had our a/c guy come out to check out one of our units that quit working. It was running really noisy on Sunday and I should have shut it down but I didn't. The result was that it tore itself apart throwing metal everywhere. I am such a dumb shit at times. The end result was that we will be installing a whole new unit. Hopefully it will be up and running tomorrow. There went my back-up generator for another year. Jeez, getting this back-up generator is one of those arm length projects that never seems to come to fruition.

Add that to the fact that the dam on my little lake is leaking like a sieve and will likely need to be torn apart and rebuilt, this year of staying home and not spending money is turning out to be pretty expensive. I'm thinking of starting a GO-FUND-ME page. Anyone want to contribute? … I didn't think so. :bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting on the deck drinking a morning coffee listening to the birds chirp and really loving country living.

A major thunder storm skirted just south of us last night.

Heading to camp at some point today with the girls. They haven't been yet this summer because of covid restrictions. Those are starting to ease up a bit.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Time to start blocking, and slapping up tin.

Just for the record. There's well over half a pallet of cement in those holes.

Looking good, but are you going to have some kind of porch or sidewalk? All that dirt will be in the house.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Did the last bed of rocks yesterday, today the big trim, blow and clean up, Kids are coming for fathers day this Sunday. Next week my solar panels will be here and I can get them mounted on the container for the mountain.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Gun show this weekend (YAY) including this afternoon. It's good group therapy.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's Father's day this Sunday. And it is our new Grand daughter's 3rd birthday. I was planning on an easy day loafing at the lake but, last night the wife informed me I will be doing a full our BBQ in the newly completed beer garden.

Here's the dilemma,,,;
Monday morning I go in for my annual physical at the doctor's. Blood draws and everything. That means I will be cooking all day Sunday for the family but I can't eat a thing.

Thanks for thinking that through Honey.:hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Jeez Franc that's tough. Can't you report your wife to the World Court in the Hague for war crimes? I think that one falls under "cruel and unusual punishment". :th_lmao:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Monday morning I go in for my annual physical at the doctor's. Blood draws and everything. That means I will be cooking all day Sunday for the family but I can't eat a thing.

Thanks for thinking that through Honey.:hammer:

You still have time today. Call and move the appointment to the following week.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I drove to Bloomington, IN to pack up Melen's furniture from her law school apartment.

All went smoothly.

Drove down with my sister-in-law. She packed up the kitchen items, loaded them into my pick up truck and drove home with those.

I picked up a 20' U-Haul in Bloomington and hired 2 college kids to load all the furniture. Well worth the money, as it was 90 degrees, sunny and humid. They had the whole apartment packed into the truck in 2 hours. I was on my way back home before 2pm.

Slow drive home, lots of traffic, construction, wrecks. Generally a fun time. But I did stop at a dairy farm on the way home that makes their own cheese, bought 6 or 7 varieties. Made the inconvenience of a bad drive worth the effort.

After the sun set and temps moderated a bit I off-loaded about a dozen boxes from the back end of the truck, just to see the furniture pieces and see what I was dealing with given the garage bay worth of space it was all being piled into.

Up at 5am this morning and back out at the truck. Off-loaded all the small things like lamps, small appliances, as well as light furniture like barstools, etc. Took all of 20 minutes.

3 cups of coffee later, Melen and I went out together and took off all the furniture. Less than an hour of work and the temps were still nice.

Truck returned this morning to the local U-Haul shop.

Set up a new sprinkler in the garden, Its on a tripod almost centered, covers most of the garden so hand watering is now a minimal chore, and only at one area.

Watching the baby now while the girls are out picking up groceries.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You still have time today. Call and move the appointment to the following week.

Are you kidding me? This doctor is good and has a high volume practice. I've been a patient of his since his first year of practice. 30 years ago.

I moved it once last April 12th. 45 days out to June 22. I ain't moving it again.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Grocery store for stuff I'll need to make work lunches this weekend.
Picked up 4 hours (only!) for Monday.

Been eyeballing texts I'm getting from the sister of a friend who underwent open heart surgery, she fine! :thumbup:
Roberta is also doing well since the mastectomy, home and going for chemo.
She's in great spirits.
Kids are good ...everyone is happy.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The a/c guys showed up this morning to install the new unit. The owner went to Tyler to get the condenser that was supposed to come in to his supplier this morning. To cut it short, the condenser wasn't on the delivery truck so the install isn't complete and won't be until Monday. I almost told them to put the old condenser back in.

It's going to be a warm week-end but we have one unit that is still working good. With that and fans to circulate the air, we'll get through it. It's not too bad.

Apart from that, I didn't do much today. I did go to town for some run around shopping that took all of 15 minutes. The highlight of the trip was filling the car with gas for the first time since February. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're going to have to bite the bullet and spring for a new ac unit. Ours is 17 years old and struggling to keep the house at 76 when it's set at 68. Mind you we have a whole side of windows facing west getting the full afternoon sun.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We're going to have to bite the bullet and spring for a new ac unit. Ours is 17 years old and struggling to keep the house at 76 when it's set at 68. Mind you we have a whole side of windows facing west getting the full afternoon sun.

Yea, that's the reason I decided to replace the condenser as well although that part was still working well. The whole system is 15 years old and the new one, when it finally gets installed, should see me out of here. We also have a wall of windows facing south and even though they have shades on them, you can't keep that Texas sun out. What worries me now is that the second unit is also 15-years old and it is running full time trying to keep the whole house cool. So far it's doing a decent job but who knows for how long.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, that's the reason I decided to replace the condenser as well although that part was still working well. The whole system is 15 years old and the new one, when it finally gets installed, should see me out of here. We also have a wall of windows facing south and even though they have shades on them, you can't keep that Texas sun out. What worries me now is that the second unit is also 15-years old and it is running full time trying to keep the whole house cool. So far it's doing a decent job but who knows for how long.

Mine blows the capacitor like clockwork on the 4th of July every couple of years, when everything is closed. Ive learned to keep a spare.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I am getting ready to go out to trim and blow the front yard, if I have time I will mow also but its been hot and getting hotter by the day, so I can work from 6am until around 10 am. then a dump run. Tomorrow kids are coming over for Fathers day.:clap:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a vining plant here on my acreage that I have declared war on. Difficult to deal with as the bottom of the vine coming out of the ground is totally covered in very sharp thorns almost impossibly dense around the stems. This stuff can smother out a tree and kill it if not delt with as I have seen it do so.

Last evening I spent hours with a 4 wheeler and a chain saw, chains and a rope lassoing this plant and the surrounding bushes it is trying to take over. I don't know what it is, but I do know what bad news it is to have it infest your yard/trees as it tries to take over and climb over the tree's canopy shading it into death. So my mission is seek and destroy this weekend.. :hammer:

Regards, Kirk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
There is a vining plant here on my acreage that I have declared war on. Difficult to deal with as the bottom of the vine coming out of the ground is totally covered in very sharp thorns almost impossibly dense around the stems. This stuff can smother out a tree and kill it if not delt with as I have seen it do so.

Last evening I spent hours with a 4 wheeler and a chain saw, chains and a rope lassoing this plant and the surrounding bushes it is trying to take over. I don't know what it is, but I do know what bad news it is to have it infest your yard/trees as it tries to take over and climb over the tree's canopy shading it into death. So my mission is seek and destroy this weekend.. :hammer:

Regards, Kirk

Ive had good luck with things like that by choking around the base of it and yanking it out by the roots with the 5ton truck.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I was standing outside drinking my coffee this morning when I noticed that one of the sprinklers wasn't working properly. I need to fix it and probably check out the rest of them before the summer heat gets in to full gear. That should take care of the afternoon.

Tomorrow I need to cut hedges. I hate cutting hedges. I need to find some excuse to delay it till next week … or the week after.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the gym this morning and then back to the gun show in Council Bluffs. Yesterday I bought 4 pepper sprays for $5 each, which is a good price. I gave 2 away and sold 2 for the same price I bought them. I wish women would get their permits to carry but pepper spray with the invisible dye is better than nothing. Today I bought 8 of them and sold them all for $5 each before I left town so I went back and bought 10 more......gotta take care of the women I know.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ive had good luck with things like that by choking around the base of it and yanking it out by the roots with the 5ton truck.

Well after I cut every thing and cleaned up the mess, I dug out the root balls with a tractor and loader just to be sure! :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove home from camp after packing up. Overall an enjoyable weekend for the girls and I. We didn't take the boat as I spent the morning waxing the camper then after lunch I took the girls 10 miles down a dirt road to a sandy beach with gorgeous sand. You can walk out 200 feet and only be up to your waist. We spent the afternoon swimming and kayaking. In the evening it was beer time.

Today was spent rehydrating and relaxing with my feet up.

Our oldest son made supper. Homemade pizzas. He's a cook in a family restaurant that also does pizza. Only 16 and working 4-5 days a week.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove home from camp after packing up. Overall an enjoyable weekend for the girls and I. We didn't take the boat as I spent the morning waxing the camper then after lunch I took the girls 10 miles down a dirt road to a sandy beach with gorgeous sand. You can walk out 200 feet and only be up to your waist. We spent the afternoon swimming and kayaking. In the evening it was beer time.

Today was spent rehydrating and relaxing with my feet up.

Our oldest son made supper. Homemade pizzas. He's a cook in a family restaurant that also does pizza. Only 16 and working 4-5 days a week.

Good for him!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.