• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Having a fire in the back yard swatting mosquitoes.
0d5031caf90a46c022b6239761ddb1c8.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Tackling my dad's back yard.
He's been gone two years and the house is still tied up in foreclosure. But I try to keep it neat on the outside.
HOA complained about high grass in the backyard. They are just mad because the dues aren't being paid. Like I should fork over that. KMA over their problems.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Starter relay.

Same problem with my wife's Brush hog. Beautiful Honda engine. 10 years old,
it starts on the first pull every time. Yet the electric starter was winky twice.
Both times it was the relay.

I pulled the battery, took it up to the shop, charged it and put it on a battery maintainer for a day. Re-installed it and the little booger fired right up. I went to town and got a new battery, just in case. When did little batteries get so friggin' expensive?

I still don't think that it was the battery. There are safety cut-offs on the gearbox, PTO and clutch that won't allow you to start the engine unless they are all disengaged or in nuetral. I checked the clutch one because it was easy to get to but the others are a small nightmare. Anyhow, when I parked it originally I left it in gear. When I went to start it I put it in neutral and I think that the button on the cut-off stuck in the off position. Sometime during night it popped back out and everything went back to normal. I'll get back to spraying today. It's a nice day for it. Those bugs are going to suffer.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank batteries have been expensive for the past decade. That must be an OLD battery if you can't remember batteries being expensive!!!

Took the tractor down into the valley and did some mowing. Some areas were 18" tall, others were close to 3'. We've had some rain. Lots of it. Valley area is a flood plane and really hate it when I get a tractor stuck down there. I'd have left it grow all season but the lovely Mrs_Bob was about to put here size 8 lug sole motorcycle boot up my a$$. Took a bit of time but it looks much better.

One of the local grass inspectors was not paying attention and allowed me to get pretty close before stumbling through the creek.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_78d8.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_78d8.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 47

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Tackling my dad's back yard.
He's been gone two years and the house is still tied up in foreclosure. But I try to keep it neat on the outside.
HOA complained about high grass in the backyard. They are just mad because the dues aren't being paid. Like I should fork over that. KMA over their problems.
They should take some of the dues money and hire a contractor or do it themselves

Last edited by a moderator:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I pulled the battery, took it up to the shop, charged it and put it on a battery maintainer for a day. Re-installed it and the little booger fired right up. I went to town and got a new battery, just in case. When did little batteries get so friggin' expensive?

I still don't think that it was the battery. There are safety cut-offs on the gearbox, PTO and clutch that won't allow you to start the engine unless they are all disengaged or in nuetral. I checked the clutch one because it was easy to get to but the others are a small nightmare. Anyhow, when I parked it originally I left it in gear. When I went to start it I put it in neutral and I think that the button on the cut-off stuck in the off position. Sometime during night it popped back out and everything went back to normal. I'll get back to spraying today. It's a nice day for it. Those bugs are going to suffer.

The frustrations we normal people endure now that lawyers design our power equipment.

My 39 Ford coupe would start with the key on in gear with the starter or rolling it down the driveway. I once ran out of gas and drove a1/4 mile up hill on the starter in first gear so I could roll about 6 blocks downhill to my house.

Try that with anything built today.

But then my brother wanted to know what the button on the floor left of the clutch was. So he stepped on it to see. I was under the car checking the exhaust system at the time. He damn near killed me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What am I doing????

I am sitting here tonight waiting for a frantic phone call from a business friend or two. And watching my suburban street for trouble.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What am I doing????

I am sitting here tonight waiting for a frantic phone call from a business friend or two. And watching my suburban street for trouble.

I hope no one needs you and things are calm at your place.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, $180 for that little battery hit me where it hurts … in my wallet.

Well now, I never got my bug spraying done today. I pushed it back until tomorrow. The yard looked as if it needed water so I turned the sprinklers on this evening and gave it a drink. Besides, the UPS delivery guy showed up with my new pool cleaning robot and my wife insisted that it be put to work immediately. I think that the old one lasted about 8 or 10 years before it gave up the ghost. The new one wasn't quite as expensive as the old one so we'll see how long it lasts.

I took the big tractor out and did some pasture mowing before it started to overheat. I nursed it back down to the barn and let it cool down. I need to check the fluid in the radiator and clear off all the screens but that's a job for tomorrow.

Also tomorrow I have to take the RV in to the dealer and have the slide stops reset. Right now the living area slides won't go out at all. I'm getting it done because it needs to be done not because we are going anywhere. It looks as if it will spending most of this year sitting in the driveway. 2020, the year that never was!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going in for cataract surgery on one eye this morning and the other eye in two weeks.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Jim. I passed my vision test to get my driver's license last year without glasses but this will make my eyes even better

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
USA Fencing announced that I am a Spirit of Sport award winner.

One of the owners of a fencing club in Chicago nominated me. Oddly enough, my club relies on other clubs for help.

I think they found one of the worst pictures of me to use. Probably on purpose.

https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/1107903

Also got some good news that one of my students (most of you know her but I won't mention her name now) made all-academic first team for USA fencing high school students. But that award won't be announced until later this month. So its a secret for now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 7.26.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 7.26.25 AM.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.03.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.03.02 AM.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 60

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
USA Fencing announced that I am a Spirit of Sport award winner.

One of the owners of a fencing club in Chicago nominated me. Oddly enough, my club relies on other clubs for help.

I think they found one of the worst pictures of me to use. Probably on purpose.

https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/1107903

Also got some good news that one of my students (most of you know her but I won't mention her name now) made all-academic first team for USA fencing high school students. But that award won't be announced until later this month. So its a secret for now.

:thumb: to both of you!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations Bob. :clap::clap::clap: And to your un-named fencer.

As for that being your worst picture, I remember the days of the Hawaiian shirts. Nothing more to say on that subject :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations Bob. :clap::clap::clap: And to your un-named fencer.

As for that being your worst picture, I remember the days of the Hawaiian shirts. Nothing more to say on that subject :yum:
First, I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt now.
Second, if I could get the fencing club logo on a Hawaiian shirt I would do so :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work for me this weekend.
10a-10p today.
6a-6p tomorrow.
Guess I don't need any sleep tonight, right?
I can never just go straight to bed after work.
:smileywac :hammer:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Back to work for me this weekend.
10a-10p today.
6a-6p tomorrow.
Guess I don't need any sleep tonight, right?
I can never just go straight to bed after work.
:smileywac :hammer:

DANG! About how much sleep will you get? Are they short-staffed?

Before I retired I was on call 24/7 every third week to fix ATMs and other electronic stuff, so I know long hours can be really exhausting. I hope you're going to be okay.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Before I retired I was on call 24/7 every third week to fix ATMs and other electronic stuff, so I know long hours can be really exhausting. I hope you're going to be okay.

4 hours if I'm lucky.
Takes me 2 hours to get fully awake and through my morning routine.
Then I can zip out.
(Always short staffed, every nursing facility is.
Plus those on vacation, our prns can't come back yet because of covid).
I'm the one filing in the spot a lot of times.
Thankfully, I've cut my time in half being there.
Every Wednesday only now, my weekends, and the occasional pick up when I feel like it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

She'll be okay Lenny.
Nurses spend most of their day playing cards,,,; Right Lollie???

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Took the sl for another ride to Indiana today so we could also go to a sit down restaurant.
Beautiful day for a ride in the vert.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
4 hours if I'm lucky.
Takes me 2 hours to get fully awake and through my morning routine.
Then I can zip out.
(Always short staffed, every nursing facility is.
Plus those on vacation, our prns can't come back yet because of covid).
I'm the one filing in the spot a lot of times.
Thankfully, I've cut my time in half being there.
Every Wednesday only now, my weekends, and the occasional pick up when I feel like it.

I'm glad you're okay with it.

A lot of doctors retired early because of Obamacare. I figure some nurses did to because of all the new regulations.

A friend of mine told me one of the regulations, among MANY, was that if a doctor tells someone medicare doesn't cover something and the doctor accepts cash, that doctor can be fined something like $10,000 but if the patient goes somewhere else and doesn't tell the doctor that s/he has medicare and pays cash, it's okay....She retired early. She was an orthopedic surgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.