• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OSB is through the roof !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I paid $6 a sheet for 7/16" this Summer . Yesterday I just picked up the last of my order from Home Depot at $11.50 a sheet . Its now over $13 !!!!

Holy crap !!! You don't even want to know what 1/2 CDX plywood will set you back . Its over $20+ a sheet around here .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Happens evertime there is a disaster like Sandy or Katrina.

Usualy it goes back inabout 6 to 9 months but with the new cost burdens
of Obamacare and higher tax rates I doubt you will ever see OSB 7/16 at $6.00 again.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Friend of mine just contracted for an addition on his house. 100 K fixed based on old prices. It will be interesting to see if the contractor can meet his obligations.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
$11.97 in Cleveland ,Ohio. I agree that it will be hard pressed to come down in the shadow of Obamacare and the fiscal cliff.

Hey, you're rich. just suck it up and think of all the po folk you're helping while getting screwed by your gubmit.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yep! I am glad I am now finishing up the Mini Storage project . Hopefully that was the last sheeting I will be buying for quite a while .

jwstewar

We bought 3 sheets a couple weeks back to put some insulation in the goat barn. Lowes was $10.47 a sheet. Monica was complaining and called Menards, they were $10.97 a sheet. Needless to say we bought it Lowes since we were there. The goats seem to like their new insulated walls though :yum: I need 1 more sheet to enclose the front door area.

BTW, when we built our barn back in 2003/2004, OSB was around $17 a sheet. I was thrilled when I could get it for $13 - 14. When I designed and speced the building in the summer of 2003, OSB was around $4.50 a sheet.