• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Indoor Waterfall?

radiobob

Ok, so my wife is on a new kick. She wants an indoor waterfall. Here's the kinda thing she's been looking at- Bluworld of Water - And some others too, but that's what she wants. Now you might have noticed that these things are kinda expensive. I'd love to surprise her with one for our anniversary. My question is, how hard would it be to build one of these yourself? It doesn't look like there's too much to them. What are your thoughts about that? Any ideas? All opinions welcome.

Bob

SShepherd

shouldn't be hard, just like making a fancy shower

2 things though, your water better be fantastic- no iron or calcium. Scale builds up fast from evaporation and looks terrible.
Have pets? I think you get it

radiobob

I think they're just Ok, certainly not worth that kind of money. I could buy a nice motorcycle for that. My wife doesn't really expect me to buy her one, she knows how cheap I am. But they can't be that hard to make, I wouldn't think.

Oh and SShepard, you're right about that.

Bob

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
BOB, Where are you located? You are right they are not that hard to build depending on your specific style.

radiobob

hey, thanks for the link, I shall check that out. We're from Indiana, but we're in W.Virginia for the forseeable future, taking care of my MIL. I don't think many people in this particular area would appreciate an indoor waterfall, they'd think you were uppity:)

Bob

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
hey, thanks for the link, I shall check that out. We're from Indiana, but we're in W.Virginia for the forseeable future, taking care of my MIL. I don't think many people in this particular area would appreciate an indoor waterfall, they'd think you were uppity:)

Bob

I don't know about that as I've had a few through the years myself. My son has one in his place in NC now as a matter of fact.