• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Funny Childhood Misconceptions

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
* I thought you could only buy items at a store if they were on sale. I asked my mother “can we buy this” and she responded “only if it’s on sale” for a while I thought all the items were just on display until they went on sale…

* When people were shot on TV, I thought that they were volunteers who wanted to die, for the show.

* We had a german shepherd that was constantly being impregnated by the stray dogs in our neighborhood. She would disappear for a day or so, and then we would see her puppies. I would follow her back to where she had them and the ground was always dug up around her. For all my childhood I thought that she was digging up the puppies, and thats where puppies come from.

* I thought gunpoint was a place. As in “Tonight two men were robbed at gunpoint.” I couldn’t figure out why people would keep going there.

* I could never figure out why people would kill cereal.

* I used to think that Mt. Rushmore was a natural occurrence. And that our presidents just happened to look like the mountain.

* I knew a guy whose dad told him black babies get chocolate milk when they’re nursing. He was envious for the longest time.

* When my mom told me she was going to try to quit smoking, I told her to “eat some cold turkey, because I heard that it helps people when they want to quit smoking.”

* I thought soldiers kissed grenades for good luck before throwing them.