• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Creeping McDonald's Worker

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So while I'm dining there today, from my table within view of the crew, I see this girl.
All the others had on hair nets, or caps - gals and guys both.
Granted, this girl was working the window and manning the fries at the same time.
Notice a hair net?
Nope.
There she was swinging the braided hair around over the fry station to keep it out of her face.
Thankfully, my fries were hair-free.

received_767297523621741-768x768.jpeg

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
So while I'm dining there today, from my table within view of the crew, I see this girl.
All the others had on hair nets, or caps - gals and guys both.
Granted, this girl was working the window and manning the fries at the same time.
Notice a hair net?
Nope.
There she was swinging the braided hair around over the fry station to keep it out of her face.
Thankfully, my fries were hair-free.

View attachment 107821

Did you mention this to the manager on duty?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you mention this to the manager on duty?

The manager??
Speaking of, she probably all of 20-30 years old was busy performing for the public with the kid making a coffee drink and yelling across the restaurant to some other folks in a loud voice, so no I didn't.

I could always call them I suppose.
Ate my food and got the heck out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Racist, schmacist ... it's a health code violation! Give her a quick choice: cover it or start looking for a new job -- now. :hammer:

I sent an email to their corporate office and got a reply from the customer contact center.
They said they're going to address the issue and would be in further contact with me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It would be racist to make her contain that hair.
You joke but it is true.

Dreadlocks are not sanitary and can collets dust, bacteria and diseases for weeks between cleanings if at all. As we are certified for food prep at my company, Hair nets are mandatory. And yes, my insistence that the dreadlocks go under the net has gotten me called a racists.

Last week I ask one to wear a full "Head Net" because, along with the Dreadlocks, he also had a beard. It contains all the hair and facial hair in a one piece unit. He quit over it.
That's two "Marley's" gone in one week.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...E2004C89E9FD0B68B4FDE2004C89E9FD0B6&FORM=VIRE

My son, who actually works mostly in the tooling shop and warehouse where the nets are not mandatory, wears one.

Meanwhile, we wait, prepared, to hear again from the EEOC.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a nurse for God sakes and cannot wear my hair down whilst at work.
Well I can, but it has to be kept shoulder length.
Anything longer than that must be bunned or ponytailed.
It's about safety, professionalism and just good for the job you happen to serve.

I'm getting gift cards and coupons for bringing this to their attention.
I've been advised that Sh_ _ _ J_ _ _ _ _, has been contacted for an infraction of policy.
All's well that ends well.

Oh and I did attach the above picture, they had the date/time etc with the email.
I'm surprised they stayed with me on this.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, right from the get go of this thread, the main thing that keeps coming into my mind is why are you eating at McDonald's? Their food is absolutely crap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
OK, right from the get go of this thread, the main thing that keeps coming into my mind is why are you eating at McDonald's? Their food is absolutely crap.
What he said. I haven't eaten at McDonalds in about 10 years. Last time I ate there I had the runs for 4 days. Gross.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Not all of it IMO.
Ordinarily I do the breakfast.
Once in a great while.
I cook 90% of the time.

I was out and about,hungry,SubwayNotCrap was packed, so...

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
google/dial corporate-- they ought all have uniforms/headgear on, namely, over their tresses-- nobody chooses to ingest tresses-- (well, if pica is a factor, 'cept that's an ailment) & not being too blah-blah to put an item so simplistic as that on--

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
At BK yesterday, the female holding the little bag, waiting on my sandwich was chewing her left thumb and then rubbing her right eye. I was very creeped out but also very hungry or I wouldn't have been there. Tried not to touch any of the outside paper.

Won't be going there again.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked at a place that made cans for food and one guy got that fleash eating stuff. the company did nothing except say be careful who you talk to.