• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came back yesterday from a concert in Duluth Minnesota. Worked out in the garage today. Pulled the suspension from the snowmobile so I could replace the adjustment blocks then reinstalled it and took it for a ride. Also figured out the wiring for the lights and handwarmers. It all works now.

Oh, here's a couple pictures from the concert. Mandisa was also there opening for the newsboys. If you don't know who she is, she was a contestant on American idol who Simon Cowell was a complete ass too. When she walked out on stage, he turned to the other judges and suggested that they would have to get a bigger stage for her. We had VIP tickets which included a question and answer session before the concert.
fbb0cab1ee0fcc15de9af130e04ff712.jpg
abf3edfa285275309968ef4abdfca283.jpg
16380f9915182a7b9c220763dded5164.jpg
e2c8c3232f5a38ee331d500d98ad5ab6.jpg
88c9d897aa8b916bc6d3624338b9bb75.jpg
acad2c579382ae02d55ed41a8f1011fb.jpg

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been busy!
Off today, but have back to back appointments later in the afternoon.
The flu is still doing it's thing around these parts.
It's making everyone frustrated.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to look for a part time job.

Seriously, at 59, having been retired for 12 years now, I'm pretty bored. And bored a bit too much. Fencing is back down to 2 evenings per week and it will remain like that until October when the high school season restarts.

I'm too young and too energetic to sit in a big leather recliner and waste my days away.

Anyone have ideas on what I can do for a part time job?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Seriously, at 59, having been retired for 12 years now, I'm pretty bored. And bored a bit too much. Fencing is back down to 2 evenings per week and it will remain like that until October when the high school season restarts.

I'm too young and too energetic to sit in a big leather recliner and waste my days away.

Find a farmer to help out seasonally. AG is way short generally these days.

I had my shoulder rotator cuff surgery yesterday. Slept in a big leather recliner last night. Glad the new one I bought is a power push button, electric recline. My old one had the lever on the wrong side. Typing sucks with one hand.

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aww Kirk!
I hope you're managing the pain well.

Bob, the way you've been into flipping houses for years,why not get your real estate license?
Unless you already do.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gym this morning. Taking my oldest son to the walk in clinic. He has a bunch of red sores on his neck that need to be looked at.
Legs have decided that today is a 2 cane day.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm doing nothing today. I did nothing yesterday and the day before that. It's been raining for 4 straight days, sometimes just a drizzle, sometimes a downpour and everything in between. My S-I-L and another friend had their septic systems start to back up because the ground is so saturated. Mine is just fine maybe because I'm not so full of crap as they are or at least that's what I told my friend. In return he told be he had one of those camping, 5 gallon porta-potty buckets that needs emptying, he'll be right over. :smileywac Who needs friends?

After 3 or 4 days of this though my back is starting to feel better but the boredom is starting to get to me. I need to go piddle in the shop.

Melensdad, I know how you feel. To some extent our lives have paralleled each other. My solution was to immerse myself in volunteer work. I designed and built scenes for the local haunted house that was a fundraiser for local organizations. I also worked in it during the season. I was the projectionist for our local movie theater that showed movies on Friday and twice on Saturday. Through Rotary I built access ramps for people with disabilities who couldn't get out of their homes. At that time we had a very active Rotary Club. Since I had the equipment, I mowed, trimmed and stuff for our local volunteer pet shelter and especially the local library. I spent a lot of time working for the library. At Christmas time I was especially busy working for Caring and Sharing, another local charity that benefits kids and good people down on their luck. Non of those jobs paid anything and, in fact, most cost me money, but they kept me from sitting around staring at four walls and got me out and involved in the community and I met a lot of interesting people. There are usually plenty of opportunities to volunteer but I will admit that it's not for everyone. These days since I am old, bent and broken I spend most of my time piddling around the property and I've started working over at the farm again when needed.

Bob, don't sit around, don't get bored, get out and get involved. Lots of organizations can benefit from your skills.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
:agree:
I'm doing nothing today. I did nothing yesterday and the day before that. It's been raining for 4 straight days, sometimes just a drizzle, sometimes a downpour and everything in between. My S-I-L and another friend had their septic systems start to back up because the ground is so saturated. Mine is just fine maybe because I'm not so full of crap as they are or at least that's what I told my friend. In return he told be he had one of those camping, 5 gallon porta-potty buckets that needs emptying, he'll be right over. :smileywac Who needs friends?

After 3 or 4 days of this though my back is starting to feel better but the boredom is starting to get to me. I need to go piddle in the shop.

Melensdad, I know how you feel. To some extent our lives have paralleled each other. My solution was to immerse myself in volunteer work. I designed and built scenes for the local haunted house that was a fundraiser for local organizations. I also worked in it during the season. I was the projectionist for our local movie theater that showed movies on Friday and twice on Saturday. Through Rotary I built access ramps for people with disabilities who couldn't get out of their homes. At that time we had a very active Rotary Club. Since I had the equipment, I mowed, trimmed and stuff for our local volunteer pet shelter and especially the local library. I spent a lot of time working for the library. At Christmas time I was especially busy working for Caring and Sharing, another local charity that benefits kids and good people down on their luck. Non of those jobs paid anything and, in fact, most cost me money, but they kept me from sitting around staring at four walls and got me out and involved in the community and I met a lot of interesting people. There are usually plenty of opportunities to volunteer but I will admit that it's not for everyone. These days since I am old, bent and broken I spend most of my time piddling around the property and I've started working over at the farm again when needed.

Bob, don't sit around, don't get bored, get out and get involved. Lots of organizations can benefit from your skills.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was in a car accident today. Kids headed for High school, cut between to cars on the Interstate and ran sideways into me. Late model Dodge Charger had damage all down the drivers side.

After making sure the kids were all okay, and reviewing the damage to that once beautiful Charger, I looked at my '95 one ton Dodge truck. At first I couldn't see any damage. A small dent about 6"long and high. And a bent wheel cover.

The kid admitted fault. Was soooo sorry. I felt so bad for him. I told him it was his lucky day. I just happened to have the replacement for that very fender in my shop because the one he hit was rusted. The wheel cover, which had done most of the injury to his mommy's Dodge, was already damaged. So, for me, there no loss there either.

Sent him on his way with this advice,,,; "NEXT time, pick on somebody his own size..

As for me, I'm a bit sore but I already had an appointment at my Chiropractor. He took the kinks out this morning.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

All of my coaching and work at the fencing club is volunteer work. It costs me a bundle too. I pay my own way to all these tournaments I take the kids to and sometimes I pay their way too.

I applied for a job at the DMV to be a driver skills tester. It’s a part time job. Not sure if they will even give me an interview but it could provide for some entertaining stories if I get the job... or anything similar!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, went to the field this morning and helped cut and pull some roof sheeting from an overhead cover that is attached to a manufacturing plant so it can be framed and raised 3' in that area for clearance for a machine that will be installed there. Then went to another location for a job walk then came home for lunch. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0600-2.jpg
    IMG_0600-2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 71

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter

I have a few vehicles that could use detailing....

Bannedjoe

I was in a car accident today. Kids headed for High school, cut between to cars on the Interstate and ran sideways into me. Late model Dodge Charger had damage all down the drivers side.

After making sure the kids were all okay, and reviewing the damage to that once beautiful Charger, I looked at my '95 one ton Dodge truck. At first I couldn't see any damage. A small dent about 6"long and high. And a bent wheel cover.

The kid admitted fault. Was soooo sorry. I felt so bad for him. I told him it was his lucky day. I just happened to have the replacement for that very fender in my shop because the one he hit was rusted. The wheel cover, which had done most of the injury to his mommy's Dodge, was already damaged. So, for me, there no loss there either.

Sent him on his way with this advice,,,; "NEXT time, pick on somebody his own size..

As for me, I'm a bit sore but I already had an appointment at my Chiropractor. He took the kinks out this morning.
Dude. (I don't dude much) But that was awfully righteous of you.
I hope he realizes that massive ass sling you saved him from, and just doesn't walk away thinking he's something else and the world owed it to him scott free.

I applied for a job at the DMV to be a driver skills tester.
If you're not a drinking man, now is probably a good time to start.

Hi all, went to the field this morning and helped cut and pull some roof sheeting from an overhead cover that is attached to a manufacturing plant so it can be framed and raised 3' in that area for clearance for a machine that will be installed there.

I wasn't aware of it, but maybe today was national roofing day!!!

8am this morning vs 4 pm this afternoon.
I is bushed
I am not a home builder, I just learned from working with people over the years and applying common sense.
I don't mean to brag (yes I do) two of us did the whole roof sheathing today, and all that was leftover was one half sheet of plywood.

Attachments

• IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2220.JPG
    IMG_2220.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2221.JPG
    IMG_2221.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 61

Bannedjoe

Looks great Joe!

How many nails did it take?

I'll know tomorrow.

Things appeared to be going wonky after a little bit, and I decided to get it all laid out and just tacked until I knew the true outcome.
It ended up coming out as well as could be expected using this EF block stuff.
I'll go back up tomorrow and finish the nailing.
I bought two boxes (can't remember the quantity) but I think I'm around halfway through the first one.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope he realizes that massive ass sling you saved him from, and just doesn't walk away thinking he's something else and the world owed it to him scott free.

If you're not a drinking man, now is probably a good time to start.

I wasn't aware of it, but maybe today was national roofing day!!!

8am this morning vs 4 pm this afternoon.
I is bushed
I am not a home builder, I just learned from working with people over the years and applying common sense.
I don't mean to brag (yes I do) two of us did the whole roof sheathing today, and all that was leftover was one half sheet of plywood.

At the end of the day when you can see what you accomplished feels good even if your ass doesn't . Marty

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was Wings Wednesday at Cowburners for lunch with my wife. She hates chicken but loves their pulled pork and coleslaw sandwich.

My wife had been baking since 05:00 for a bake sale for her beloved library. She took time off for lunch but she needed to get home for more of the same in the afternoon. She did give me a grocery list and tell me to get going, which I did. Since I was in town I decided to do some shopping for me and headed to Tractor Supply. I got a couple of things that I needed and a few things that I didn't. One of the things that I needed was a 50# bag of dog food. I didn't have a problem with it at the store but when I got home I picked it out of the back of the SUV and threw it up on my shoulder and tweeked my freekin' back again. Now I'm back to where I was a week ago. GETTING OLD SUCKS!

My wife didn't say a thing about it. She just gave me "the look". I was proud of her until she sent me a meme saying, "The main cause of injury in old men … is thinking that they are still young men". I hope that her soufflé sinks. :smile:

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I doing????
Freezing my @ss off.
the Temp is now 15* F and going down.
It's going to 0*F tonight.

In my 12,000 SQ Foot building I have three furnace systems and two hanger heaters.
All but one (the one for the office) went out yesterday and today.

I design the system with the redundancy of heating the building with any two of the five units. What are the odds?

Under normal conditions we would recycle process heat but we have no current orders tomorrow. So the production lines won't be running. I don't worry about the weekend as it is supposed to get in the forty's.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked out in the garage all day again with my 16 year old son working on his car. He didn't have school as his teachers are holding a one day strike again. I showed him how to change the front tie rod ends and rear struts. Next up is a patch job on a rust hole on the rear fender and some surface rust repair. We also installed the winter tires on it. It'll be ready for a safety early next week.

It's C.C.C.COLD today. A balmy -33 celcius this morning with a -45 windchill.

I have to go to the city this evening for a ct scan on my abdomen then an appointment with my surgeon next week. I know it's just a gallbladder surgery and most people are in and out the same day but with my luck, they probably won't be able to do it laparoscopically and will have to go old school with a big incision. This is because my whole abdomen is full of scar tissue and 2 layers of mesh from previous hernia repairs. We shall see what happens.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

In Missouri, if you are driving under the age of 18 and have an accident, most times this means you will lose your starter license. He was under 18.
That said, after over-hearing his mother's scolding on the phone, he has more to worry about than his license or a crabby old man in a 25 year old pickup. From her wrath, I couldn't save his @ss

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's very cold here too, but it's not going to last.
The flu seems to be under control at work in that we are no longer under quarantine for the unit in back.
One lady in the front part of the facility was diagnosed via nasal swab, her doc told us to get her going on tamiflu.
It's been crazy.
So I'm on the schedule up until Monday, my next day off.
Got my taxes done this morning using turbotax.
Yay!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still cold but supposed to warm up this afternoon. Gym this morning. My wife is home sick today. We have an 11 year old boy coming to stay with us this weekend for a respite.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy VD to everyone 2020. Marty:clap:
You want everyone to get VD? Lmao

I was at the church this morning for men's breakfast followed by a relaxing day at home. Back to the church this afternoon to play music at the 5PM service. Then stopping by a friend from camps house for a bit.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
made a dump run this morning the worked in the shop putting a second coat of paint on a platform for a customer. Ate lunch now resting. I think I will do a little shooting today. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Did a little shooting yesterday afternoon. I got this one a few months ago 1886 Winchester manufactured in 1891 chambered in 45-70. Someone put a new barrel on it and you can shoot smokeless in it but I shot some Blackpowder cartridges I already had loaded up. It grouped well but was shooting about 6" high. Most likely sighted for 100 yards and I was shooting 50 yards. Fun way to spend the afternoon. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0602-2.jpg
    IMG_0602-2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 73

Bamby

At one time I thought I wanted a 45/70 lever action but just never pulled the trigger on one. Then I ran into a like new used older Marlin in .44 I just couldn't walk away from. It's proven out to be a winner and shoots real well. And when one goes out on a walkabout it's a lot easier to carry some spare ammo if one wants to.

Bannedjoe

At one time I thought I wanted a 45/70 lever action but just never pulled the trigger on one. Then I ran into a like new used older Marlin in .44 I just couldn't walk away from. It's proven out to be a winner and shoots real well. And when one goes out on a walkabout it's a lot easier to carry some spare ammo if one wants to.

I think I have a Winchester model 94 in .44mag
The thing I like about it is I don't need to make separate rounds for it and my pistol.
oh wait.
I lost those in the great boating accident too.

Status
Not open for further replies.