• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Neighbors dogs barking

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Begin rant:

The neighbor's dogs bark for hours on end. It's getting VERY old.
Can't open the windows at night.
Others in the area are ready to feed them antifreeze.
Owners don't seem to care (as they can shut them up when they want).

End rant

So, does anyone know of a product that works to stop them?
I see there's products that emit untrasonic or other tones that activate when the dogs bark. Do they work?
From where I would mount it, I only need it to go about 50-75' to reach the dogs.
Are there AC versions or do they all run off batteries?
I'm looking for an automatic one as I wouldn't want to activate it via a FOB to make it work.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
So, does anyone know of a product that works to stop them?

I have heard tales of this product being good against little yappy dogs, but I'm not real sure it ever finishes the job. :yum:

Attachments

• 1crap.jpg
    1crap.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 186

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Our neighbor has a Grand Pyrennes (same dog as BoneheadNW's Avatar) and she barks relentlessly all night long. After three years I don't notice it anymore. Fencing in my yard was the best thing because she used walk into our yard and bark right beside our house.

How long has it been going on?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've considered all the aforementioned solutions but trying to think of something that won't get anyone in trouble.

He's effectively running a kennel but with no permit. Heck, he built a nice new building with grooming areas and everything else but never got a permit for that either.

BTW, I don't know if the Sherriff would come as we have a local PD. The way our township works is that they don't take any anonomous tips for illegal activities or other situations.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
I see there's products that emit untrasonic or other tones that activate when the dogs bark. Do they work?

No. They do not work.

Pass the plate with your neighbors and buy one of the collars that shock the piss out of the dog when it barks. I think they are under $100. If you do that and give your neighbor the option of having his dog wear that collar or having the sheriff called daily, he just may opt for the collar. They do work. Just don't get the 'friendly' type that emits a sound, odor etc. when the dog barks. They are useless. Shocking the piss out of the dog works, works fast, and works every time.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have local PD then there are probably barking rules in your community. I only suggested the sherriff because I figured you were outside of any local jurisdiciton. But since you are not, that typically means more rules and restrictions, especially concerning animals.

I'd check with the local PD. As for building the structure, no reason to make an anonomous tip.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Have you ever seen the cartoons where the character ingests alum and his head shrinks to the size of a baseball and his lips pucker so bad he can't open his mouth....;}

dzalphakilo

Banned
Per Bob, check you local laws. You'd be surprise of the regulations of lack of.

Here in N.C, if you have more than 10 dogs, you are considered a Kennel, thus must have a license. That being said, guy up the road has at least 14 "coon" dogs outside, and I know he dosen't have a kennel license.

Sort of like gun laws at times, there are laws on the "books", but you'd be surprised of the lack of knowledge or "enforcement" of those laws, particularly of those in LE.

For what it's worth, you're not alone. We've just gotten used to it.

What amazes me is we can hear some other dogs a distance away (at least five kept out in kennels, one place) who bark non stop at times at night, and I don't know how it doesn't drive thier owners crazy.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a nice chat with the owner yesterday.

In the most eloquent way I could, I explained the situation to him.

He conceded and will now be purchasing shock collars for them.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
DaveNay said:
I have heard tales of this product being good against little yappy dogs, but I'm not real sure it ever finishes the job. :yum:

Sure finished off the pool maintenance man in short order.......:yankchain:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a nice chat with the owner yesterday.

In the most eloquent way I could, I explained the situation to him.

He conceded and will now be purchasing shock collars for them.
Did this work? I guess it did as I haven't heard anything about it anymore.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one that I put on the Jack Russel when he irritates me too much. That usually lasts till the wife takes it of him or the battery runs down. I used to use a crosman air rifle with BB's and one pump whether you fired or not got instant silence.:whistling:

spencerhenry

i have a neighbor with a barking dog too. they are decent enough neighbors but do not try to keep their dog from barking, once the husband was over and noticed how well you can hear his dog. BUT, one time they mentioned that the dog was afraid of loud noises and would run inside and hide every time there was thunder.
i now keep a handful of low powered cast bullets 45's next to my bed. when the dog barks i stick one of those rounds in and shoot out of the window. works like a charm ends the barking for the night.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder what's worse .... A barking dog ,or a guy that fires a weapon out of his window at night ? :whistling::whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a neighbourly barking dog problem once.
Opening the window and screaming shut the f!ck up works like a charm.
Trust me, I can scream when I need too..:yum:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey PG
I am going to kill him. So if he isn't on tomorrow, I will have some chainsaws for sale.
Hey Muleman I've u.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
No John. The I love you was for Muleman. I have been praying for him. I will try to spend more time on FF.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No John. The I love you was for Muleman. I have been praying for him. I will try to spend more time on FF.
:flowers: thanks, I wondered what the heck you meant!
Mmmhmmm.. everyone needs to pray for the Muleman..
I won't disclose what he told me, but it doesn't sound as bad right now per something, but that couldn't mean anything really.
Wait and see.
He's got more testing next month.
He sounded good and feisty and got back home in one piece (he and the wife) over tracked roads and snow, and a stop at Wendy's for dinner.
He was laughing.
That's our Mule.:biggrin:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
How is your weenie? Belle is fat and very spoiled. John said she is fatter than Gretchen. She is sitting in her chair with John. It is really John's but she has taken it over.
jan

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
How is your weenie? Belle is fat and very spoiled. John said she is fatter than Gretchen. She is sitting in her chair with John. It is really John's but she has taken it over.
jan

Gretchen is just fine.
She went through a bit of a troubled time adjusting to my being back home after I was in the hospital for a week.
Son Jeff took care of her and she even kicked his cat out of her kitty cup one day.:yum:
Here is a recent pic of her, ummm.. Highness? :yum:
2012-01-21 21-52-08.270.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
And here I was worrying about you and missing you. Damn devious women!:whistling::brows::brows::clap::clap: I am too ornery to let these little speed bumps in life keep me down.:w00t2:I did hit 16 vials of blood with today's draws. That is just for January.:yum::yum::yum: