• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thought i would share a little...

BamsBBQ

life in our family has been a little drama filled as of late...

here's how it all started....

my brother & soon to be exSIL are going through a divorce..

two weeks ago, my brother in i were suppose to start working in West Palm,FL. we were to be there for about 17 days. the night before we were to go to work, we get a call that my nephew is in Oregon's DHS protective custody.

apparently my SIL decided to off herself by smashing the SUV into a tree head-on with my nephew in the car. He was not wearing any restraints and flew to the front of the SUV.Thank god for airbags.Nobody was hurt just a little cut on my nephew.BUT boy do i want to hurt my SIL.

This all happened on the 29th of December and we didnt find out about it for 2 weeks after that.X-SIL told DHS that my bro had no contact with his son or her and was no part of his life.She also said that she didnt know where to get ahold of bro..

We think she thought she would be able to get him back without us finding out.She was wrong.....

Sooooo...off to Oregon we drive.. The drama continues...

We get to Oregon DHS,we have to go to court because she told DHS that my brother was a drug addict & other crap that was untrue. and since there is no custody order they dont know if the will give us my nephew back.

we wait 3 days before they can see my bro...make him take a pee test which he passes...interview him,watch him interact with my nephew...then make us wait more time for a court hearing...which was on wednesday...

wednesday comes, the judge says to DHS that they have no legal right to hold my nephew because he is not a resident of Oregon because my sil took him from washington state and disappeared to here(OR)...BUT since there is no custody order we have to go to washington state where there from(200+miles away) to get a divorce petition as well as a protection order since she tried to kill herself...

luckily there is someone in the courthouse we were going to help us with filling out the paperwork for free...but she is only in on thursdays.. we leave early thursday morning, arrive to the courthouse... get to the courthouse, the lady who is suppose to help us is not in for the day..she had her own family emergency(poor ladies child ended up in intensive care...)

Now what??lol

find a lawyer...no luck.... talk to some friends, family friend works as a clerk at the courthouse...she fills out the paperwork...we drive to the courthouse to drop off papers... another clerk said we really should have a lawyer look at the papers and file them...come back in the morning and see if any of lawyers will help out...

find a lawyer..wrong kind of lawyer but he knows the best family lawyer in the county...we cant afford her... he(the other lawyer) begs her..just look at this case and all the details...give him 20 minutes...after you hear him,you will help him...if you want him to pay for your 20 minutes he will...she tells him to tell us to come NOW...

we get the best lawyer for free...she files the paper work..the judge signs the papers...all legal

we then drive back to portland oregon...now we wait until monday morning at 8:30am to give the judge the papers...And my nephew will be coming home with us by the afternoon..

sorry such a long message but i had to vent..there is still more to this story but you get the idea now...lol

the car
mb0128.jpg

qoyg0l.jpg

the best nephew in the world

vcv5hc.jpg

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Man I'm sorry to hear that.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things, I'm sorry that you have to.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Bams....damn shame folks gotta go thru stuff like that. Although one would hope this is brings this chapter to a close, something tells me this critter aint dead yet. Glad the boy's back where he should be. Wish you guys the best and prayers for much less drama....at least!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Stay calm and let the over reaction of others work to your advantage. The court will make it easier in the long run once you get all the legalities tied up. Family struggles are tough. Good luck.:flowers:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Bams i wish you,your Brother and most of all your Nephew a brighter Future,nothing worse than seeing a child being dragged through the courts,respect to your Brother and you for fighting for whats right.

He is a great looking kid,he is lucky to have you by his side.

Good luck with whats ahead.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well said MM. :agree:
man o man. I knew you wouldn't drive cross country on a whim. What a mess. Good luck Monday at 8:30. I hope it all falls into place as expected.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow Bam - sounds like the best nephew in the world may have the best father and uncle in the world. You did good and I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Keep all the records of what that boys mother did because she might come back later to cause more grief.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well done, that boy will remember what Dad and Unc did to make his life better and I'm sure the lessons been learned for him to carry on!

BamsBBQ

a very big update...

Bassy came home with us today...me watching him get out of the SUV was the best site i have ever seen in Oregon

Now i am listening to him laugh at the tv...best laugh i have heard in a really long time..

thanks for all the best wishes and prayers,they helped alot.

Gina

I'm very new here, but I'm glad to hear things are working out for your nephew and brother. These situations are so sad. I hope the little guy goes on with a normal life and leaves this terrible chapter behind him.

Good luck to you all!

kitty

I know how you feel BB we went through the same thing my husband has a kid with a crazy girl we did the whole court thing but lost because he works out of state four days a week and the goal in iowa is too keep the child with the mother....she is messing this kid up but nothing we can do.....anyways glad u got the lil guy!!!