• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

No Trick or Treating Here

BoneheadNW

In my area they close down the main street in downtown for a couple of hours on Halloween night and the vendors from the stores hand out candy to the kids. It takes on a sort of street party feel as all of us hang out together while the kids make the rounds. During Halloween last year, I had to rush to San Diego as my father was nearing the end of his life and my mother was having brain surgery. I was looking forward to this year's festivities but both my kids wanted to stay home and hang out with my wife's parents instead of trick or treating. I thought of working tonight but am a bit burned out after some rough days last week and I would not get paid overtime anyway as we are adequately staffed (for the first time in a while).

So here I sit, secluded away from the in-laws, eating my Crunch Bars.
Bonehead

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Feel for you man, we shot some halloween shots of the kids in costume, she took them walking the streets, I watched the oldest and handed out candy..........we had like 6 groups of a few each.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It was slow but steady here tonight. The weather didn't help much. +2 celcius and windy with a mixture of snow and rain. Hardly any young kids coming around. Lots of teens. I always give them a little less then I'd give to a younger kid.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got back. It was the first year where nobody had to carry a little one. It was much easier on the parents this year. A good year here and lots of candy for Captain Caffeine!

AndyM

Charter Member
I passed out 103 candy bars today... Not a bad turnout for living on the edge of a town of 743 people.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Trick or Treat night was Thursday here, course I went out of town unexpectedly, and had to take my treats I'd made with me for the step- grandkids.
Witches' Hats2.jpg
Made these ^^:smile:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&um=1
They are Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies with a Hershey Kiss "glued" on top with icing, then you take cake decorating icing and make little bows around them.
Paulette and Devon loved them.
I also had made 50 ghost pops, Tootsie Pops with white napkins wrapped over the top with orange yarn holding the napkin in place.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Cute! You did good!

I love Hershey Kisses. I think of them in pairs for some reason. :smile:

It's been quiet. A neighbor couple showed up at sunset in great costumes. They didn't want candy, they just liked the opportunity to visit and show off their new baby.

Then at dusk a wistful little girl and her mommy. And then 4 - 5 small quiet groups, each properly chaperoned by parents. It's fun to see these kids smile. None were from around here. These look like decent kids raised in apartments where it's too rough to go trick or treating there.

Then nothing until three kids at 9:30. Two rough 8th graders who elbowed each other plus their sister who cowered behind. I served each boy and the first grabbed for another candy bar. I beat him to it, said that one was for his sister, reached around the boys, and handed it to her. He scowled but sister sincerely said thank you. I think she has a hard life.

After my neighbors with the baby I didn't recognize any child or parent all evening. It's not unusual to get kids from out of the neighborhood but this is a first to see no neighborhood kids.

9:45. Lights out!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nothing happened here in my village, though they did have a kids Halloween fancy dress party up at a pub in a few villages away. I did think of going for a quick ride round on my broomstick as my car is out of action (still), but I didn't think it would help my cough, so broomstick stayed tucked up in the greenhouse.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had ZERO trick or treaters show up at the house yesterday. Our record year was 8 kids. We've had other years with no children showing up too so this year was not the first such year. I think most of the families take their kids into town where there are neighborhoods where kids can actually walk from house to house.

No cute dog costumes this year either!

Attachments

• 1256556157_large.jpg
    1256556157_large.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 71

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had ZERO trick or treaters show up at the house yesterday.
Bob,

We never got any either. Access to our house isn't driver (or walker) friendly.

We changed our approach and now park at the end of the driveway (at the road) with the RTV loaded with goodies. The kids can now hop out of the vehicle and do their T-or-T'ing there instead of making the long trek up and down the driveway.

It's normally 2 of us together at the road but this year, a couple more dads joined us for a couple hours of BS'ing while the kids did their thing. They just parked their vehicles at the mouth of their driveways (which stops the couriers from going in) and brought their candy to my place. We put a bunch of pumpkins out, had the RTV's strobe lights going... so the drivers knew to stop there.

I mention drivers/couriers in that we don't get any T-or-T'ers on foot. The houses are too far apart so the moms drive the kids around.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
none here, either.
we sat in the basement and watched old B&W "horror" movies - Nosferatu and House on Haunted Hill - and ate popcorn.
After the girls went to bed, I stayed up to watch Punisher: War Zone with the BiL.