• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you were having a bad day, Brian.
You are one of many forum friends who is always remembered in prayer.
And I mean that truly.

Bamby, it would be well to consider empathy i.e. "there but for the grace of God"

Zeke, you crack me up. Lol

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
gonna be another laid back day here in the woods. Gonna be another hot one so there will not be much physical efforts today. Probably gotta feed the chickens and that is about it. Saw a couple of buck deer this morning running across the place. Oh well, at 78 years young, I dont have much get up and go anymore. Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Well , believe it ,or don’t ..... Today is a mess with saws day ...
pocked up an old Jonsered 70E from the mid 80’s for fifty ‘merican dollars . Needs fuel line ,carb rebuild ,and the tank cleaned out ,the tank needs to be coated to stop the magnesium from corroding ,and a few minor details to make it right again .
Then there’s the MS 361 . Ran good after the coil install ,but the carb is stupid touchy ,and it won’t hold a tune . Tearing down the carb revealed that someone with ham fists attempted a “ let me fix this carb “ attempt . BB22A3D2-6496-4E58-867E-382DB7CF2BBE.jpg

A8CC836F-851E-4F99-B224-A0DD77F939AF.jpg

AD55FF24-1D50-4516-BA70-DC66CDED3D8D.jpg

DD3155E4-1A33-4DDA-9E39-B85F4D77D12F.jpg

It’s amazing , but nothing ever falls off my bench onto the ceiling ! How do I invert those last pics ??

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Flipped the phone around to see the last two pics,John.
Then the pics flipped again.
:yum:
I see you're doing well in your element.
:smile:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter

I can’t figure out why that happens ,or how to fix it . The only plausible explanation that I can come up with is temporary ,highly localized ,micro gravity inversions .Or , possibly unseen extraterrestrials that are bored ,and have an odd sense of humor . Failing those two causes for it , it only leaves the remote possibility that I should stick with saws ,and leave ipad operations to more competent people . . .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I can’t figure out why that happens ,or how to fix it . The only plausible explanation that I can come up with is temporary ,highly localized ,micro gravity inversions .Or , possibly unseen extraterrestrials that are bored ,and have an odd sense of humor . Failing those two causes for it , it only leaves the remote possibility that I should stick with saws ,and leave ipad operations to more competent people . . .
All of my pictures post upside down unless I resize them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not attempting to make light of your situation but some choices you made yourself contributed to putting yourself in harms way. I've been following your posts and it appears that the system is actually doing a pretty good job at providing for your needs. Could they do more? Possibly but then their are people working hard every day unable to provide their family as well as you are with your disabilities you should actually feel grateful.

As an example, we have possibly thousands of people who were utilized as cannon fodder in numerous political wars who came back compromised through no fault of their own. Their hopes and dreams were destroyed by the fact they were deliberately put in harms way for a cause and our government does everything it possibly can to deny their responsibility to these people. IMHO they do have a right to feel bitterness about their situation.

I don't actually know how to wright this but here it is. Please enter into Prayer and find it in yourself to forgiveness to yourself. The Lord seems to be providing for your actual day to day needs, but you need to find the ability to shed your resentment and move on with your life. Please find peace with God,
Thanks. You're right. I am grateful for what I still have. I just get frustrated from time to time when the pain kicks in and stops me dead in my tracks. So many things to do. So little time.

I did manage to get the atv put back together this morning before the skies opened up. We need the rain though.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well , believe it ,or don’t ..... Today is a mess with saws day ...
pocked up an old Jonsered 70E from the mid 80’s for fifty ‘merican dollars . Needs fuel line ,carb rebuild ,and the tank cleaned out ,the tank needs to be coated to stop the magnesium from corroding ,and a few minor details to make it right again .
Then there’s the MS 361 . Ran good after the coil install ,but the carb is stupid touchy ,and it won’t hold a tune . Tearing down the carb revealed that someone with ham fists attempted a “ let me fix this carb “ attempt .

Nice work there bud. I like your style.

Hell of a lot easier then me trying to rotate my 27 inch monitor with all the cables attached. :yum::yum::yum::th_lmao:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. You're right. I am grateful for what I still have. I just get frustrated from time to time when the pain kicks in and stops me dead in my tracks. So many things to do. So little time.

I did manage to get the atv put back together this morning before the skies opened up. We need the rain though.

Every day we make choices. Every day the Lord decides how those choices will play out within our life and our family's life. Everyone at one time or another has jumped into a swimming hole without further thought as to the depth or the peril. Everyone has swung out into traffic at one time or another a bit impatient when one little hiccup of the engine would mean certain disaster.

As a former bike rider, I know how it can be. I was young once too. I never rode with the same level of professionalism as I had when I climbed or worked on HV. I would have been much smarter to have done so. The Lord had a plan and I am thankful for that. He has a plan for you too. That you can count on, bro.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
seeing if my heel/ankle can have that boot taken away-- it's a pain in my ankle-- & they said they may hafta fit me w/ one that'll fit me, as i'm so teensy; i'm game 4 that cast-- those, they take effort to get someone to slice away during 1 of my whims-- boots; u can un-velcro 'em, & they're gone!!

they jus' put a teensy 1 on that fits!! & that is making me in stay awake sans pain-- bleep--
i've pain meds, Thank God, & wouldn't take many-- usually 6 given thru morning, noon & nights--

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Working today. Cleaning the brake dust out of the Jerk's wheels. Coffee first. I may sneek over to the airport to see what's going on. Dog tried to eat my cell phone. He destroyed it. I still love him. That's my Boy!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the forum issue may be fixed Doc.
Sure hope so.
That said, I've got a ton of things to get done today.
Have a good day y'all.
:thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That job interview at 1:15, don't know why I'm going.
Maybe more out of curiosity?
I'll swing by Subway after to get some lunch.
This evening I'm going to visit my grandies.

The landlord of these apartments is outside replacing gutters.
Noise since 8 this morning.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My son and his fiancé are coming in from CT today with the new baby and three cats. We already have three cats in the house. It's gonna be an interesting visit.

My grandson and I are leaving this afternoon for the lake. I need to slime the tires on the '99 minivan (cause they leak and the shop cannot fix them???), recharge the AC, buy a small water tank, bait and new line for my reel. Then pack up for another weekend at the sailboat.

The "family will be coming down Saturday evening. So Jessie and I have some Quality time in his new canoe. I have no boat or dock projects on the schedule, so the two of us can just relax.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
That job interview at 1:15, don't know why I'm going.
Maybe more out of curiosity?
I'll swing by Subway after to get some lunch.
This evening I'm going to visit my grandies.

The landlord of these apartments is outside replacing gutters.
Noise since 8 this morning.

Best of luck on the with the interview!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Best of luck on the with the interview!!

The only positive thing about that nursing job would be having every weekend and holiday off and it being strictly 5 days per week/8a-4p.

The woman who interviewed me was a distracted bitch, I felt rushed and upset after.

She suggested or having knowledge of openings as a nurse in Lucas county at the corrections center. Toledo.:yum:
No way.
The entire thing was a strange experience. Lol
Oh, "you'll hear from us on Monday."
Whatever!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Meeting this morning with one of the kids workers. Took the kids to the big fair this afternoon. I left the lovely missus with 5 of the kids. At the airport waiting for evan to fly in from Winnipeg. He's been out in Saskatchewan visiting biomom for the past month. Heading to camp when he lands. I have to be back in the city tomorrow afternoon though.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That position really didn't interest you anyway did it?

No.
No it didn't.
I'll patiently wait for the one I want.
The right one.

Just finished dinner, going to go see the kids tomorrow as they suddenly have plans, so I can't tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw my babes and played with them outside.
Maddie says when I said I have to go now, "no no Nana, go in there in my house." :sad:

You know that was tough, but those sweeties know now that I have my place and I'll come back.

Right now I'm relaxing with a snack trying to get my head around something yummy for dinner.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting.

Picked up some new Ray Ban prescription sunglasses from For Eyes and then went to the "flip" house to do some pre-painting prep work. Ran out of masking tape, stopped off at the store on the way home.

Hope to spray primer in some of the rooms tomorrow after morning church service.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Had a day with my amazing daughter, took a few shits them scotch eggs were nasty, had a jog this evening and feel pretty good

Glass of red wine before bed it helps me sleep

My girl...

Attachments

• IMG-20180630-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180630-WA0000.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 56

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Up having coffee.
The storms woke me.
Going to mass at St. Augustine's then home for a trip with Aimee to her parents to look at an oak chest I may buy off them.

Took some snaps out the bedroom window and kitchen.
I like having the church so close and everything else for that matter.

20180812_062315-672x568.jpg

20180812_062153-768x706.jpg

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The only positive thing about that nursing job would be having every weekend and holiday off and it being strictly 5 days per week/8a-4p.

The woman who interviewed me was a distracted bitch, I felt rushed and upset after.

She suggested or having knowledge of openings as a nurse in Lucas county at the corrections center. Toledo.:yum:
No way.
The entire thing was a strange experience. Lol
Oh, "you'll hear from us on Monday."
Whatever!

It's always good to go on interviews. Always something to learn. Corrections Center? No way! The dregs of the earth are there. You don't need that! All the drug addicts and murderers. There's a woman down the street that works at one and she's constantly getting hurt on the job from these low lifes

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah I know.
That sure wasn't for me.
However I've worked in many behaviour units and do have that experience.
I just wanna be what I am.
Geriatric nurse. Hospice too.
It's going to happen.
:wink:

I just made a huge breakfast for myself and Aimee.
You're supposed to not have eaten an hour before holy communion.
I think I'll be safe. Lol

20180812_074451-768x768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.