• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It is with great sadness that I share this news > Kentucky Bourbon Warehouse Collapse

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is with great sadness that I share this news > Kentucky Bourbon Warehouse Collapse

I have no words.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...y-sending-barrels-crashing-to-ground.amp.html

Bourbon storage facility collapses in Kentucky, sending barrels crashing to ground

Michael BartiromoJune 22, 2018

A portion of a warehouse housing thousands of barrels of bourbon collapsed in Kentucky on Friday, sending roughly half of those barrels crashing to the ground.

Bardstown Fire Chief Bill Mattingly said the storage facility at the Barton 1792 Distillery collapsed “length-wise” on Friday morning, and left the other half leaning and in danger of buckling, Kentucky Standard reported.

He also estimated that around 10,000 of the barrels held within — Mattingly estimated 20,000 in total — were destroyed as a result. But Joe Prewitt, the director of Nelson County Emergency Management, told the Lexington Herald Leader that the storage building, or rickhouse, held only around 9,000 barrels total.

A representative for Barton Brands confirmed that no one was injured in the collapse, the only casualties being the whiskey.

“Right now we’re trying to determine why it collapsed,” said Mattingly, and added that the forecasted storms heading to the area may pose fire concerns.

Environmental officials were also reportedly headed to Bardstown to determine whether the whiskey had contaminated a tributary located 250 feet downhill from the storage facility. Firefighters were unable to tell whether the water contained any of the alcohol, the Standard reported.

News of the building’s collapse was also met with concern on Twitter, with bourbon lovers mourning the loss of the wasted whiskey.

Others, meanwhile, simply offered to help officials clean up the spill.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: It is with great sadness that I share this news > Kentucky Bourbon Warehouse Coll

. Others, meanwhile, simply offered to help officials clean up the spill.

I can only imagine. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: It is with great sadness that I share this news > Kentucky Bourbon Warehouse Coll

I remember in Bolingbrook IL having a truckload of Budweiser and Michelob crash. The State Police called out us firefighters to help with the crash victims and a fire potential. More Police were called to fend of all who stopped to "help.":yum::yum::yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Here’s what is left.

Attachments

• 6590BCF3-1EBD-4652-84B6-6444943A17D4.jpeg
    6590BCF3-1EBD-4652-84B6-6444943A17D4.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 111

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Here’s what is left.
I would imagine some of those babies could be "saved"

Is it not true that to volunteer is the sincerest form of patriotism?

I am in!:thumbup:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I do not drink alcohol, I drink distilled spirits.
So I'm not an alcoholic, I am SPIRITUAL!! :yum::yum::yum:

One of my favorites back in the day.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I would imagine some of those babies could be "saved"

Is it not true that to volunteer is the sincerest form of patriotism?

I am in!:thumbup:

I'd bet that the distillery can save a bunch of those, and those that are saved will be set aside. When they are finally bottled they will become a high priced limited edition. Probably say something like "Warehouse Collapse Survivor" edition and come at double the price.