• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shovel Ready in San Fran: $205,075 to ‘Translocate’ One Shrub from Path of Stimulus P

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Job security is golden.....

Bet they demand a bail out from all of us someday.....

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I love plants, especialy such unusual evergreens but, I hope the damm thing dies.:yum::yum::yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it does franc,:wink:

do you suppose it could lead to lower costs of keeping it in the future? I wonder how much it costs to creamate a evergreen and bury the ashes?? Millions I suppose..:yum::yum:

Later, Kirk

loboloco

What is going to be a real tickle is once the genetic testing is done, it will probably be traced to a nursery somewhere that years ago donated some plants to a 'beautification' project.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Why so they can build a memorial for the pant and research center.

They will be doing that anyway. come on, think about it. After spending that kindof dough to save it, they will justify the structure and staff, with pensions and bonuses, reuired to "maintain" it un-naturaly in a natural state.

That will be in perpetuity. if it dies, we willall just klwer the stars and stripes or a mourning period.

Cheap on several levels.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The only thing they shovel in California is what comes out of the south end of a north bound bull.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
What is going to be a real tickle is once the genetic testing is done, it will probably be traced to a nursery somewhere that years ago donated some plants to a 'beautification' project.

That is quite likely, considering how popular they are as decorative plantings. The apartment complex where we
lived in Anaheim years back (I was stationed in Long Beach at the time) had two of these things in front of each apartment ...
and there were at least 80 apartments. These things may be "extinct in the wild" but they surely aren't extinct in the way
extinction is normally considered; California is lousy with them.