• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1965 thiokol on gsa

brianf

Attachments

• 1965 thiokol.jpg
    1965 thiokol.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 590

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice. Although not sure if it runs based on description but probably wouldn't take much.

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Currently $9K with 10 minutes left. Tracks are gorgeous! Someone getting a steal!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
601...going...going....currently at $9511! Nothin like energy of an auction!
Note that untouched nearly virgin dash instrumentation!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Closed! $9511. Money says she's headed to the bucking bronco. ;)

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So Mainer, Mostly original, fresh paint, less than 10K, ect, and you didn't make a play for it? You know something about this machine we don't?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
So Mainer, Mostly original, fresh paint, less than 10K, ect, and you didn't make a play for it? You know something about this machine we don't?

Nope. It's a machine I would undoubtedly normally bid on... it's certainly a great find, I have no doubts the owner will be happy...those tracks are very nice and you know as well as I what that implies particularly given the gov't ownership...probably well maintained in other more critical areas.

I didn't go after it for a few reasons that are pretty subjective so I'm hoping folks were bidding to get it as it looks a great machine ...

1. I feel pretty ok about the machines I have so not too hungry for more ... and I have my eye on three 601's that will eventually free up but who knows when but those would finish me off nicely,
2. I told someone on the forum that has been hunting for one for a long time that I was *not* bidding so he would go after it,
3. Given it's in Montana and I've had some tricky experiences getting machines out there headed all the way East. But that's not such a good reason cuz I think that machine was worth the effort given I've brought them from a lot further.
4. One of the guys said I was hoarding...which I'm not... but a good reason to not go after it.

Anyway, great machine...took all my discipline not to go after her... I'm not really sure who got her in the end and I've had different bits of info from different people all indicating different things of who got her... but I'm not fussed...if they want to say they did or didn't get it... either way it will hopefully go to a good home and not to someone looking to make some bank. She'll probably surface in the end... I think I know where she went...