• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thoughts from here....

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
As some of you may have noticed, I have not been around much lately. It's been a busy year with lots going on. When I have come around, it seems that the tone around here has changed. The group has always leaned to the right a little more than the left, but the scales seemed to have tipped a LONG ways now. It seems that the left leaning people are not posting much considering what happens when they do. Don't get me wrong, I certainly lean to the right but it scares me when I read some of these threads and posts from what I deem as rabid right wingers that don't seem to have any of their own thoughts behind them. They spew hate and rhetoric almost as bad the BS the left throws out sometimes. It's hard to believe that some people around make Skurka look moderate (No Offense meant to Bob, as he and I typically agree).... Now, I am sure some are going, "oh no! You can't tell all this by skimming the forums. You have it all wrong, just like Obama.." This may be true, but I would guess that you might have a hard time getting newer members now. At least any free thinkers that are more central in their political views. If I was an outsider looking in at the tone and the way some of these threads read.... I am not sure I would want to join....

At any rate.. I will try and get back here more often.... just some food for thought for everyone..

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too enjoy it when there is more balance in the discussions. While I lean way right, I want to hear the left's view. I'm not always correct (but I am always right) and sometimes it is nice to see an opposing voice of reason.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I come and go myself Jeremy.
When things get a little rough, I tend to go to the cooking or music forums.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We finally have more than just CA to post left viewpoints. It's been a tough run for CA and those on the left but lately we have mak2, Raspy, Sushi and CA helping us to see things from the left side or libertarian side.
I noticed the strong right leaning and am glad to see others posting the other side. Both sides go to far on occasion but for the most part the debates have remained civil. You've just been missing it Jeremy. You need to come around more often.....and post your views (don't just let Bob do it for you) :poke: :D

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I resemble these remarks, yet take no offense at your observation. I believe that as Washington continues to spew forth the ridiculous policy recommendations that they have, that people become more entrenched in their opinions, thus the more firm stands you are seeing. Plus, I believe people are taking a more active role in politics, especially since so much of what is being proposed will significantly affect us financially. Nobody wants to pay more taxes, but the current regime is hellbent on growing government, and this giant needs to be fed dollars.

Where I would like to see moderation is in Washington. Why is it necessary to throw entire industries out the window and implement a brand new, untested plan? I really believe we could have meaningful healthcare reform if it were taken one step at a time, and not the radical way it is being presented.

Radical propositions from Washington = Radical posters on FF. You can't have one without the other.