• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mr. Skurka

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Has anyone heard from Bob the last 2 days? :confused: I know it sounded like he was pretty busy with the hurricane arrangements, but he hasn't joined yet.
Or has he? Maybe changed his user name? :D

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck yeah, that would be awesome if we could get Bob to join here.
Bob Shurka ....Come on down! We'd love to have ya!
Doc (aka Moon of Ohio)

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I just got this picture of Bob and the Lovely Mrs. Bob at the beach. The final outcome of the visit has yet to be announced..... Junk..

Attachments

• marriage (600 x 459).jpg
    marriage (600 x 459).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 743

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
OOOOOHHHHHH MAN!!! Bob must have looked, he's not here yet, and I've not heard from him.

That photo reminds me of a real life happening I had a few weeks ago. My neighborhood is boating oriented, so it's not too unusual to see nubile nymphs in various swim wear. :eek: :cool: Jan and I were driving home one afternoon, when out of the frontdoor of a nieghbors house, walks this scantily clad merperson. I looked, then looked again, then pretended I didn't see her. Well, Jan saw what I saw, mild expletives were uttered, and then she says, "Well hell, ya might as well look, you aren't gonna hurt her anyway." ;) Alright said I, as we slowly drove by the 5'10", 120#, dark haired, nicely tanned nieghbor as she waved and said, "Hi Mr. Hardy". But I really didn't pay much attention. :rolleyes: :D

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
How did she happen to know your name???????

Attachments

• cheating husband.jpg
    cheating husband.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,112

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
John, I was wondering how you got that tree shaped dent in the front of your truck, now I know, I hope Jan wasnt hurt :D
Hey, in that pic Junk posted your house is brown, thats where you got that idea from eh?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
How did she happen to know your name???????
Well, for some reason, my nieghbors like me. :confused: Oh, I know why, I move their snow for them. That has to be it! :rolleyes:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith said:
John, I was wondering how you got that tree shaped dent in the front of your truck, now I know, I hope Jan wasnt hurt :D
Hey, in that pic Junk posted your house is brown, thats where you got that idea from eh?
Hhhhmmm, Me thinks I'm being found out! :eek:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I saw him at this Crusade...

Attachments

• Crusade.jpg
    Crusade.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 3,750

BoneheadNW

I was laughing so loud my son came running in to see what was so funny. I had to hit the "home page" button so as not to expose my 3 year old to a fat man in a speedo wearing a cross. You see, we are Jewish!

Bonehead

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bob just sent me an email that he was busy and now is back so you should be hearing from him soon

murph

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose all of this would actually be funning if I did NOT look like that guy. But he sort of looks like my chubbier but less furry brother:D

I have been pretty busy lately. Today was family day, my daughter's soccer team won (2 in a row!) and her volleyball team won 1 out of 3 games this afternoon. We filled up the FEL bucket with tomatoes, leeks, peppers and then went into town delivering the produce.

I've also spent the last couple days setting up a small charitible foundation in conjunction with the American Wholesale Marketers Asso., which is a trade group that I am a director for. The sole purpose of the foundation will be to fund relief efforts for natural disasters. Over the past few years we've had members get hit by tornado, earthquake and now hurricane. The relief efforts we will provide will be in a couple forms. Sending in employees to help re-establish their operations and directly funding employees of the affected operations so they have housing, food, etc. I've had a tremendous amount of industry support and even have received pledges from folks that are fairly substantial to help fund the effort. Some of you know I have a group of my guys in N.O. now, what you may or may not know is that I am also am working on scheduling the replacement workers who will follow my guys when they come home. I've been lining up workers from other companies to get them to fly in to help out. I've got a 1 week gap I need to fill, but otherwise I have people scheduled every week (usually working 2+ week shifts) out into November. I've also scheduled a fork lift training company to come in for training session to get new people certified on various types of lift equipment. And honestly I don't know if any of this will do any good. Rita missed N.O. but hit hard the customer base of the warehouse we are trying to get back up and running. They lost 20+% of their customers due to Katrina. The problem is that this is a large grocery warehouse, it supplies goods into several states, but it is badly damaged and now may have 35% of its customers blown of the face of the earth, they may not be able to financially survive with that number of accounts gone and the remaining customers are all longer distance (higher cost) deliveries. If they don't survive, I can tell you that food prices in the south will go up in several states until other companies can expand their operations to fill in the gaps.

The whole situation is pretty bad. Amazingly bad. I sent a bunch of you guys an email that included a PowerPoint that I just got from my brother. He married into a family from southern Louisiana and he got a bunch of photos from one of the in-laws. He told me he recognized and had been to many of the places in the photos. I can tell you that these little towns are completely wiped out. 100% lost.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Uh, oh! I think I've been busted trying to have a little humor at Bob's expense. Uh, sorry Bob. I didn't think you'd catch me...:eek: You won't show the one of me helping that sheep over the fence now, will you?!:D

jwstewar

As I was reading and saw all of the old dates, I should have know how it came back to life.

Bimp, man that still cracks me up.:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, I saw the thread and figured I died and it was my eulogy.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
daedong said:
LB,
How did you find this forum?
I gave it to Him . I just missed His incisive posting ,and couldn't stand it any longer . I think the only reason that He has hesitated to post more ,is that we don't have any posts that are more than a few months old . But there is hope . In a few years ,He will be a frequent poster :)
BTW, before You ALL rip my Head off ...... I'm kidding . (at least about the inviting Him over part) John