• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Aux Hydraulic Port?

standclear

I have a Sunstrand model 21-2024 hydro transmission in my Sure Go and I was wondering if the transmission has a aux Hydraulic port that I could tie in controls for a snow plow?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Sunstrand model 21-2024 hydro transmission in my Sure Go and I was wondering if the transmission has a aux Hydraulic port that I could tie in controls for a snow plow?
to run a snow plow you would need to have an aux pump stacked on to the end of the pump for your hydro trans or a pump added to an accessory drive like a fan belt or crank drive , if you were to tap hyd pressure from the trans pump you would rob power from the motor that is run from that pump, also some of those older motors are running 5 to 6 k of hydraulic pressure and all you need for a plow is about 2 k which means you might blow out a cylinder or hose the simple way to add hydraulics would be a 12 volt barns pump like a truck mounted snow plow uses