• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

150 Pounds of Sugar

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah that is the average amount of sugar we in the United States eat per year. Dang since I have been on my diet I can't eat anything with sugar in it. If I eat a chocolate chip cookie or anything chocolate I get sicker than a dog.

Did you realize that you may eat that much a year??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah that is the average amount of sugar we in the United States eat per year. Dang since I have been on my diet I can't eat anything with sugar in it. If I eat a chocolate chip cookie or anything chocolate I get sicker than a dog.

I been called that , but I weigh a little more than 150 :whistling::wink:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No way do I eat that much.

I'd put myself in the 3-5# per year (TBD, based on Halloween candy)

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
If beer has sugar in it then yea. :whistling:

Damn it~! you made this song play in my head with this post:hammer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrnoR9cBP3o"]YouTube - Spoon Full of sugar - Mary poppins[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We use very little sugar or salt anymore. Most recipes you can substitute other things for sugar. We use honey and maple sugar for a lot of stuff.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
150 pounds of sugar a year???? .... not me. I don't even know if we have sugar in the house, somehow I doubt it. Ever since I was diagnosed as a borderline diabetic my wife tossed all the sugar and just about everything containing sugar in the trash. Boy, I sure do get a longing for a candy bar every now and then though.

Luckily, for some strange reason, beer doesn't affect my blood glucose level. Now that would have been really serious. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I know I don't.
Desserts aren't big with me, nor is candy or anything much that contains sugar.
Last week I had a piece of Key Lime Pie, once in a blue moon, I'll buy a little bag of peanut M&Ms or a Reese's cup.

I only add very little sugar to my coffee or tea.
I do like to bake cookies and muffins, but that's so I can share them with other people, usually at work or with family during the holidays.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We made a huge pot of chili and cornbread today. Took it over to the Amish kids after Bob left and the daughter was making cookies and bread. Man they are good fresh from the oven like that.:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think JEV's pecan sticky buns he sent me were the last sugary thing I really went to town on, because they were so damned good. lol
Even they got shared with the neighbours.