• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Well , one of the local farmers called this morning . Has a large oak down in one of his pastures . So, I already know what my plans are for today .

Well, he wasn’t kidding . Gonna start with the top and work back to the big end. DE8E5E93-CE48-4249-8E91-629EC43F9E37.jpeg

192363AC-0EBD-4E51-A804-E5250AD6D2AA.jpeg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy cow that's a big one John.
Happy sawing :smile:

I had a good day at work.
I'm on for Sunday and next Thursday too.
:thumbup:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy sawing :smile:

I had a good day at work.
I'm on for Sunday and next Thursday too.
:thumbup:
Somewhere in there is a joke :wink:
I’ll come help. You got a 4’ bar for a Stihl 026? Or I can bring my granddad’s two man crosscut.
Probably gonna take a bit more grunt than the 026 has :wink:
By the time I get to the base of this thing , it’ll be the 395xp ,and 661 . Even when I get it into rounds , I’m going to have to quarter them just to make them more manageable to split . What I can’t get over is how healthy the tree looked . But there is basically no root system left .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a Milwaukie 14" electric at Harbor Freight last month. I'd offer to help but I don't think my extension chord will reach W.Sunbury PA from St Louis.

rugerman

Reminds me of when I was I high school, we had a tornado that knocked down a bunch of large oak trees that no one had a chain saw big enough for. Me dad had a old two handle 8 ft cross saw. Since there was no school, no electric power nothing to do a couple of my friends and I sharpened that old saw and went down the street and cut some of those large oaks into more manageable pieces. The local pulp wonders etc had a field day , they just drove into a neighborhood and asked if folks would like their downed trees removed, if they were on the ground they didn’t charge, if they were up against another tree or on a house they did charge, there was a bunch of huge southern long leaf pine hauled off in a short period of time, so much that the paper and lumber mills could not handle all the volume, one rented a field , drilled a well and stacked the wood and kept it wet with sprinkler until they caught up.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Impulse trip to Florida for a few days. We loaded these car and drove south, picked up Melen from law school yesterday after class and we are going to the beach.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoy Florida with the family.
I'm not doing anything today except for finally doing the weekly grocery shopping, later.

It's overcast and cool.
Typical October day.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
:smile:

Those are words that he hasn't heard in a while!!!!! :bolt:

Several years back I had a big oak like that one come down at the bottom of the yard. It took out a whole section of fence. It took me a week to cut it up and 10 days to burn it. I couldn't give the wood away. The only person that showed interest wanted me to cut it and split it for him. I didn't ask if he wanted me to load it on his trailer.

I did it with an 18" Stihl. Never again.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Celebrating our 48th anniversary today! :wub: I'm still in awe that Dragonfly Lady has put up with me for this long.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats on the anniversary.

I felt like crap this morning. Took 15 minutes to roll out of bed due to back pain. Took my morning pain meds and once they kicked in, I realized I had no appointments today so I drove the hour to camp and winterized the trailer, packed up all the groceries etc and brought in the slides. Why we needed 5 large totes and 3 coolers of food out there, I'll never know. But it's done.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! AND ,Happy Friday ! Got rained out yesterday ,but looks like the weather will cooperate today ,so today is make a bunch of firewood day .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeussss!
Good morning.
Chilly today, warm spell (Indian summer) for a week, then brrrr!
Breakfast anyone?

20181005_073915-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Superman stopped in to see his Mommy on the way to see Miss Germany and Midori kitty in the 'burgh.
:smile:
Made my day.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Celebrating our 48th anniversary today! :wub: I'm still in awe that Dragonfly Lady has put up with me for this long.

Perhaps you should have her sanity checked. But frankly, do you really want to know or continue is blissful ignorance?

Congrats on keeping her in the dark for this long.:thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I'm feeling relaxed and very happy because my sons are alright and so are my granddaughters, all 3 of them.
You cannot ask for more than that.
#happymommyandnana
:clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

You and me both. :bolt:

Congrats. :clap:

My 40th is coming up next year. How come we both have managed to BS smart women for that length of time? Just lucky I guess!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Having a rough day. Hate the seasonal change. Can only stand a couple minutes and walk to the washroom. Oh well. My television has been neglected lately. It's one of those days.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aww Brian. I hope you feel better as the day progresses.
I just finished 6 loads of laundry.
Started at 7 this morning.

It was storming early.
Now the sun is shining.
Going to warm back up too.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thx. It's just one of those days. My body is just being pissy about the change of seasons. I managed to get outside long enough to rake up the dog poop. Hopefully tomorrow is better. It's Thanksgiving and we're going to a big potluck dinner with friends from camp.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate it when work texts me to inform me of shift change.
Not tomorrow now, Tuesday, still on Thursday, can you do Saturday?
Suuure why not!?
:dizzy:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
good morning to a sunrise over the atlantic

Attachments

• IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 54
Status