• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I was on top of my game at work yesterday to the extent of probably being annoying.
That place, the feeling.. all of it reminds me very much of my old job at Vancrest.
I've picked up a night shift for Thursday coming.
It's all very good.
I'm happy.
:wink:

:thumbup:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Crazy schedule this week though next Monday Labor day. Need to stay calm. Breathe. Need new jeans. Went from 260 to 203 this summer. Better diet and cut out everything I like. No soda, pizza or ice cream!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was up very early, but then again I've got an internal alarm clock that does that.

Today I'll go with Aimee to her parents house in the country to get more tomatoes and cucumbers.
She needs to get her license renewed, I need to get to the P.O. and mail some things out, that'll be later in the day though.
I got an individual quiche Florentine that I'll have in a little while.
There is a cool little cafe/bakery down the street. Very nice place.
Otherwise, just gonna enjoy the day.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I went to AAA to get my license renewed. No long lines and they speak English there. Beats going to the state DMV! In and out in 1/2 hour.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
God I love quiche!
I'm going to have to find out what variety these tomatoes are as well.
They are awesome.
Bye!
Gotta go destroy this Lol

20180827_000552-675x652.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I went with Aimee to the DMV to get her license renewed.
The wait is long and figured I'd thumb through a magazine while waiting for her number to come up.
Apparently she didn't know that in the state of Ohio, you don't get a new physical license made on the spot any longer.
You get a print out of all the new info, but the actual license gets mailed to you later.
I knew about it since June.
How she did not know is anyone's guess.
It was in the papers, news, social media etc
I even figured they would mail out letters or even cards to remind folks. Guess not.

Anywho...she wasn't too pleased and began a string of expletives for the other 6 people standing around to hear.
I looked at the woman next to me and said, you know Spanish?

No.
Good!

Once she settled down and actually heard that she's getting the paper document, then all was well.
Dayum, Chica!
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Doing a bunch of running around. Heading to camp soon for a week. Just picked up a fridge for the outdoor kitchen. So it's loaded up with the atv ready to head out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got my laundry going.
Nothing else otherwise.
Tomorrow it's going to be fun trying to get some sleep in order to go into work at 10pm.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Going to test spray some coretec 368 undercoating to adjust my spray gun . Then it’s going to be a hard decision ..... mow ,or functional test my HVAC system .

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm back. No pop up tent. Out of stock, online only. No jeans. Out of stock on size 36 waist. What a waste of the morning! Helped a woman who dropped her smoothie clean up the floor.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last weekend Cathy had painted the bathroom on which I had just finished the drywall. She got into a hurry and did a rather sloppy job. Paint drips and roller edge ridges everywhere. So last nite and again tonite I am scraping them level and re-mudding them smooth.
By Thursday I hope to repaint

I hate tape and mudding drywall. I hate painting more. But once done, I can lay the new floor tiles and install the light fixtures, Vanity and Kohler toilet.

DONE!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished the outdoor kitchen at camp. (For now anyway) Now, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Lol. Time for a few beer sitting in the new kitchen. For pics, see my camp life thread.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just tried to master Jacques Pepin's technique of making an omelette.
The more narrow end is what the whole thing is supposed to look like.
A more or less uniform "roll".
I lost it midway.
Once that happens there isn't any correcting it.
It's that damn fork thing he does.

It was light and airy though.
:yum:20180829_112631-768x768.jpg

20180829_113040-474x599.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Franc.
I made one for Aimee.
Hers turned out much better.
Ya have to scramble, shake the pan, then flip! it on the plate.
I do believe I got it.
:thumbup:20180829_121502-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Imma leaving in about 20 minutes for work.
Hopefully it's a good night.
It'll be interesting to see what it's like working with a night crew.
I got a 3 hr nap, so that'll help.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It was quiet from midnight til around 3.
A few precious wanderers walking around in their jammies, then directed them back to bed.
Great night staff!
Mature, dedicated people thank God.
I should get some sleep.
:bonk:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
glad to hear that things are going your way for a change. Hang in there and keep on keepin on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have another goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Roger That! Thanks for the Bullie Picture! Go to the Jimmy Choo Bull Terrier Site. That's the name of the dog!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
just off my property someone set up a trail camera. so I snuck up from behind and reached around the tree and did this.
DSC00926.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's hilarious Jim!

Well, I napped.
Boy, did I ever.
Aimee called me on her way home from work and told me not to make dinner tonight.
Sleep!
So I did.
She brought us home street tacos and rice.

Then we went to Wal-Mart.
Omg.
Yes, it's true.
There was a woman walking out as we were going in, with a cat, yes a live cat on her shoulder.
It just sat there like it was the most normal thing in the world.
Then at check out, there was this guy with an arm amputated up above the the elbow, purple hair and pink flip flops.
Eeek!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy,
glad to hear that things are going your way for a change. Hang in there and keep on keepin on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have another goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ross.
I meant to answer this more fully this morning.
I've picked up a few more night shifts and will work again weekend after this coming.
The prn shifts along with the weekends will actually equal full time pay in the end.
Daughter in law and I are planning a trip (already) to Puerto Rico next spring so she can see her aunt who is her God mother.
Her family are from Puerto Rico and moved to this area back in the 60s.
Don't ever call her Mexican like some have assumed she is.
She doesn't like that at all.
And thank you for your concern and kindness all these months.
It's very much appreciated.
:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day loading up the motorhome for our trip to Colorado. S'truth, I think that my wife would find it a lot easier if I put a tow hitch on the house, hooked it up to the truck and tried to drag it through the gate. The motorhome can hold and carry a lot of "stuff" but I think that it's reaching it's max. There's just the two of us, why do we need service for six???? I'm 71-years old and I have never understood women. I know that I'm not alone. :yum:

I took the labradoodle to be groomed, ready for the adventure. She loves to travel in the RV. We're taking our other dog with us as well on this trip, for the first time. She usually doesn't travel well, she usually honks before we reach the front gate, but on our trial run to Mississippi she handled it like a superstar. Dogs are strange.

So, depending on internet reception, I'll be gone for a while. Wish me luck.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day loading up the motorhome for our trip to Colorado. S'truth, I think that my wife would find it a lot easier if I put a tow hitch on the house, hooked it up to the truck and tried to drag it through the gate. The motorhome can hold and carry a lot of "stuff" but I think that it's reaching it's max. There's just the two of us, why do we need service for six???? I'm 71-years old and I have never understood women. I know that I'm not alone. :yum:

I took the labradoodle to be groomed, ready for the adventure. She loves to travel in the RV. We're taking our other dog with us as well on this trip, for the first time. She usually doesn't travel well, she usually honks before we reach the front gate, but on our trial run to Mississippi she handled it like a superstar. Dogs are strange.

So, depending on internet reception, I'll be gone for a while. Wish me luck.

Have a GREAT trip! :thumbup:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm taking bids on cutting down the old oak in our front yard. I planted this puppy in 1977. Then it was already 10 feet tall.

Now it is 36" diameter at chest high and well over 75 feet. A Big Spreading Pin Oak that succumbed to tree wasps and root rot. Currently it threatens my house, My neighbor's place and any vehicle parked in front of my place or across the street.

I tried to pollard it back last winter but it passed away this spring. It was one thing for a 71 year old cuss, and some redneck youngsters to trim a few branches, but this is too much. So I am having it removed professionally.

Here is the machine they are bringing in to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QhD9_F3Jg&feature=youtu.be

They will cut limbs over 3.0" Diameter, as well as the trunk, to 12' lengths and place it on my 20 flatbed trailer. Then shred the small limbs and branches hauling the chips away.

Last winter, it took most of a day to cut, and lower to the ground, five limbs. And the better part of a week to cut into firewood lengths and haul away or burn the branches. The front lawn needed a month to repair itself.

This will happen in four hours and the lawn will suffer nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.