• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Shoveling 15 inches of wet slop snow. I took the blade off the 4 wheeler on Monday and then last night this hits. Guess my plan to mow tomorrow is going to be delayed a day or two. All roads in and out of town are closed still and may not open for another 8 hours maybe.
20170425_134506.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out this morning to pick up a paddle for the kayak we just bought for camp. This afternoon my recliner won the battle and held me in it against my will. Now taking my daughter to the orthodontist. Pick up our oldest who is still stumbling around on crutches till at least Friday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tuna melts it was with peas and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

The guys installed a new storm door.
Jane and I stayed out of the fight that started LOL
Everyone has a method or better way of doing things.

New door in place.
Guys drinking beers now laughing.
Women rolling eyes.
:yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't feel like sleeping. I got bummed out because one of my cats died.
Tuesday is laundry day.
I had a delivery of cat food and litter today ($134 worth yeah I nuts) so had to hang out anyway.
Pretty boring day

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't feel like sleeping. I got bummed out because one of my cats died.
Tuesday is laundry day.
I had a delivery of cat food and litter today ($134 worth yeah I nuts) so had to hang out anyway.
Pretty boring day

Which kitty died, Cat? :(
You know, Lightning my cat has filled that empty space in my heart for a pet since Gretchen died.
Never in a million years thought it would happen.

You have friends here who love you and care.
Hugs and boring days aren't so bad :smile:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm doing this....

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 41

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Right now, sitting in pain with my leg burning from crps. Other than that just the sweet missus and I watching tv and listening to the freezing rain hit the picture window.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got hit hard with freezing rain overnight. The lovely missus just tried for 15 minutes to get into her vehicle to get to work. All schools closed and buses cancelled. And we're not like all the pansies in the south that call in the national guard every time it snows an inch.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We got hit hard with freezing rain overnight. The lovely missus just tried for 15 minutes to get into her vehicle to get to work. All schools closed and buses cancelled. And we're not like all the pansies in the south that call in the national guard every time it snows an inch.
We are waiting for 2 rain/hail storm fronts. First wave is supposed to roll through right after rush hour. Then a lull. Then the bigger more violent storm, with lightning and hail is supposed to roll through mid-late afternoon.

Not planning to work outside today on the "honey do" list. But I may go out to lunch and I am planning to go to the grocery store.

For a minute I thought you were drinking pure maple syrup

honestly the photos appear upright on my computer but when I upload them into the FF they come out sideways :doh:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Found a picture of your mailbox.

Attachments

• IMG_5951.JPG
    IMG_5951.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 99

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Breaking out the Lawn-boy mower and changing out the primer plug that just came in from eBay. I bought 2 for 6 bucks with free shipping and no tax. The local dealer wanted 15 bucks for just one and they wonder why everybody buys internet. Jeeez.

Getting ready for the first mowing of the season in the next couple days.

Bamby

About to change oil and grease the Blazer, and then move on to mowing the grass for the fourth time this year in some areas of the yard.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Local Cub Cadet/Kubota shop is coming by to pick up my Ventrac lawn tractor. I finally figured out, after 2 seasons of trouble, that the electric clutch is slowly going out. Thought it was the seat safety, thought it was bad wiring, thought it was a lot of things but final diagnosis is the clutch.

The clutch controls the PTO to the mower deck. It has only 1 function. Everything else works fine. Replacing the tractor with a new Ventrac (similar model, same series) would cost over $10K. The part cost me about $280. I looked at doing the repair myself. But I have 1 good hand and 1 hand in a brace at the moment. Requires breaking the tractor in 1/2. Not as big a job as that sounds on the little Ventrac. But probably much more than I can manage with a wrist injury.

So the part and the tractor are sitting in the driveway waiting for them to pick it up.

Later I will go hide in the cigar lounge for a few hours. Cleaning lady is coming to the house this afternoon so I need to go hide somewhere.

Planning to take the lovely Mrs_Bob out to dinner at a small restaurant in town. The only place in town with tablecloths :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't sleep too well last night.
Lots of things on my mind.

Woke up with a headache, took 2 Aleve and gulped down the coffee.

Working today, have Friday thru Monday off.
Will be going to see my sons and granddaughters.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of the great canadian ice storm up here. Frustrating as medical appointments that were booked for months had to be cancelled. I did manage to get in 2 of 6 appointments this morning but not the important ones.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The storm has passed. Schools are open again but all buses are cancelled as they are covered in 2" of ice. And today is a day off for the Catholic schools. Public still have school today. Where does that leave me? One kid has school. My wife took the oldest to the fracture clinic to have his splint removed and see what the damage is. So I'm home with 3 kids till their boys n girls club opens at noon.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a cool and rainy day.
Storms tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (supposed to be bad Sunday).

Got my laundry and housework done, then met the kids at Western Sizzlin for lunch.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Mowed the lawn for the first time this season. Then took wifey to the Chiropracter. She tweaked her back. Beautiful day almost 80 degrees and sunny.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was contemplating finally raking the lawn earlier this week. Then we got the freezing rain coming up from the south. You guys can keep that crap to yourselves. I had originally planned on being at camp this weekend but that bitch(mother nature) had other plans. We also planned on hauling in the camper for some warranty work but that also got put on hold.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got up feeling alright after a full night sleep (first in over 2 months). That didn't last long as my left leg and foot began burning as I took a shower. Went to a store with the missus and 10 minutes standing my leg was on fire. Home now in pain on the chair. That's where I will stay the rest of the day. [emoji22]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It wasn't such a boring day after all.
No cooking either.

Fried chicken, potato wedges and cole slaw from Chik N House.

We also went to see the High School's production of Beauty and the Beast after.
Those kids did a great job!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely missus and I were invited to speak at a marriage prep course last night. It gave us a whole 4 waking hours without kids. Nice break. This morning we head to church. Then come home to sit on my butt for the rest of the day doing a whole lot of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.