• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LOOKING for something in the East

slowrider

Looking for something out east to use to get in/out of cabin.I know most everything is out west but was hoping maybe someone knew of something out east.I was looking for something smaller like a Sno Kitten , Bombi or even a SW48.I would consider anything that was available out here.I see a lot out west but every time I try to arrange shipping I have a problem.If there is something out west and you could fix me up with shipping I would be interested. THANKS

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There's a lot of out east. Where are you located? There were a few rigs for sale on here over the past year in NY & PA.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
every time I look for something it's always on the east coast. it's also where the good deals are.

rcc

When looking you need to know when you will use it, all seasons or just in the snow. SW48 and J5 are not for deep snow unless you run the trail and keep it packed. The Bombi can be used all season however you must have the all season steel tracks cross links. The one advertised near Syracuse, Ny would be decent for deep snow as it has the 30" aluminum snow crosslinks, but a no go the rest of the year. The Bombi is also light weight and easy to haul and hold 3 relatively small people.
I have a BR100+ with 28" all season tracks and I get through 4 -5 ft of snow up here in the rough country of northern Ontario. I use the J5's only on packed trails and they are working to bring in firewood, propane etc etc...
Hope you find what you need, these are a blast to operate and a bit of work to maintain.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the Midwest I have a 601 for sale in the classifieds, I will deliver most if not all the way.
I *most Likely* will be going to Maine with an empty trailer in Spring.
a 601 is an all around machine. My price is not firm.

I may consider selling an IMP as well.

Good luck searching, I find the search is almost as much fun as the owning.

MIke

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How much for the bombi in CT?

Redsqwrl I may be interested in that IMP PM me if you have a ball park $. You will be driving through my town if you are headed to Maine.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Also there is a 71 Tucker 442 in Massachusetts 4 k might be flexible needs a home. Been sitting for years. Steel pontoons. All there question is what it needs for work.

jp11

Funny..

Just today I got thinking I might sell my IMP.

I really enjoyed the restoration of it. I'm thinking I'd like to do it again with a Tucker.

Toolbox on back has dual battery setup, divided from tool side, which has a 20 gallon aux tank in the bottom.

JP

Attachments

• IMGA0231.jpg
    IMGA0231.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 313

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How much for the bombi in CT?

Redsqwrl I may be interested in that IMP PM me if you have a ball park $. You will be driving through my town if you are headed to Maine.

I have hauled a spryte and an Imp 4 hours to the Clowder, what is another 12 hours right.

Will do,

Attachments

• DSC02171sm.jpg
    DSC02171sm.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 312

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Imp blade full cab right up my alley. Let me know if any hit the market. Been prepping the wife . She thinks I'm kidding!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those are my lines.

The other day it was dad I need to borrow some money for a few weeks that my wife can't know about. I sent him a pic of the drag I just bought. He asked if that is what the money was for. My response was grandkids need groomed trails. Grandpa bought it for us.

It's all about the kids now.

Been trying to make corduroy. Take your time parting with it. Longer the better so I can start hiding my $$$. Line me up for first refusal.

koontzcollc

Searxh syracuse Craigslist for "groomer". There is a bombi, seven thousand asking, looks decent.

hello I am new to this world I mean new new I was looking at this bombi in Syracuse ny im about 5 hours away in North west PA. I would say im pretty good with a wrench but no nothing of Theas tracked wonders. but cant stop fantasizing about them now. was looking for any info u could provide good and bad or any others that would be beter for me.i would be using it to check traps. and to lightly groom a private runway. just to keep the snow fluff down for skis or big tiers, and i also want one cause they look frign awesome :w00t2:

vthighland

If anyone is interested I have a non messed with low hour Bombi with winter tracks located in MA that is for sale. Can post pictures this weekend if there is any interest.

blystons

If anyone has interest in the Syracuse bombi, I can go take a look. I live in Skaneateles so it can only be 15 min away. I have a sw48 so I have some basis for judging. There are usually 3-5 rigs for sale around here. Mostly small rigs for snowmobile trail grooming. BR 100 and imps and such. Watch Syracuse, Utica, and Watertown Craigslist. FYI

blystons

PS. While searching "snowcat" will get some hits, also try "tracked" and "groomer". Most in upstate NY are called groomers.

timcat

Vthighland, did you sell your Bombi? Let me know, I'm looking for one for my snowmobile club to upgrade to.
Tim