• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Ratcliffe - $2000 (South of Nampa) Idaho

Nate b

aderugus.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brianf

it would be a idea to set up separate topic for members that are looking for a certian type of snowcat to use or restore, then you can pm them if you find one for sale, give the members a chance to get some good deals before the machines go to reseller, act fast or machine will be gone,I have pm'd a few members with deals, thing to remember is if you want a deal keep your eyes open, best deals are usally found with faded for sale signs on them. on the side of road

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
how about some ratrack history that one kind of looks like one of them things the faa suid over but that track looks different with different guides is it hydro and what kind of motor does it have the back part of the cab looks like it would fit nice on the back of a thiokol 2100 or 3700

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Subaru power plant. Yes weak hydro system. Yes I believe there was a lawsuit A certain person was involved in it. LOL

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that one apears to have a better track and road wheel system i keep looking at the one up here thinking it would be a nice sized rig with a good track system but maybe not such a good deal if you had to do a compleate rebuild on the hydro system too. i have to admit i do love them little subaru engines

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is the same track system that were on the 1983 and 87 thatt I had. Not sure if he had more designs prior.

snotrans

Snotrans Did not buy this machine, as we sold it years ago to the seller and we were not interested in this type of snow cat for resale, when offered to us a while back. Hope it found a good home .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
on the topic of getting the jump on good deals, this service will notify you when an ad appears that meets your criteria. You could be as general as snowcat or as specific as you want.
It is called list alert. It works like a charm. My son is looking for a car or truck that needs a motor. Here is the link for the Craigs List list alert. Once there you can modify it to fit your needs. You can set one up for each metro area you are interested in. Very slick and useful.

http://www.list-alert.com/craigslist/654799/needs-motor

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the one that is is up here uses a plastic track like an argo has for guides and some 12 inch wide 15 inch turf tires for guides and road wheels yhan there are cross bars and belts attached to it for additional width it looks jerry rigged and didn't work worth a hoot from what i was told

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think he means it is no longer forsale. perhaps the add has not been taken down,

I wondered how he bought it in 1 minute as well. ;-)

rwilly

Hello all,
I was searching for info on these Ratraks built by Radcliffe. I have the opportunity to pick one up that is in rough shape. There is no engine, the hydro filter is laying on the dash, interior is tore up, etc. It has been sitting outside10-12 years being neglected. Is there a site that is able to tell me what engine and any other info about these machines? Would anyone here have any interest in it? I would rather see it not go to the scrapper. It is located in Seattle. I know this is an old thread, I am grasping at straws.

Thanks, and if you have any interes or know of someone that might, please send me an email and save this one from the scrapper.

Ron

rwilly

I don't want it, I was figuring somebody else might be interested in it, for parts if nothing else.
I will let it go to the scrapper.

Thanks.