• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow-Trac For Sale

jasper

Hello everyone I've come to the difficult decision to sell my Snow-Trac number 268. It is not the prettiest thing, but it runs very well. I gave it a complete tune-up recently. The things needed are cosmetic. You will see in some of the pictures that I have added disc brakes with a hand brake. It works nicely. It comes with many spares including an extra varialator and transmission. I'm asking $10,000. I'm pretty firm about the price. By the way I hope this is the proper area of the forum to list this.

Ben

Please see my album on my profile for pictures.

a%3E

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to be some extra characters at the end of you picture file name. Here's a link with the extras deleted...

st4b015b.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i like those drive sprokets who made them for you or what did you use to make them

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
what did you do just trace out good sprocket and cut it out or was there some machine shop operations if you could pm me a close up photo i wuld like some of those for my snowtrac

jasper

A pattern was made and then the pieces were cut out of plastic with a router. I have since made a cad drawing of the piece so it can be made using a cnc water jet. I have a local company that can make them for me. I will take some pictures of mine over the weekend. If you want me to have a set made for you, let me know. If there is anyone else here on the forum that wants a set please pipe up because the price per set would be reduced with multiple orders.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm interested in at least 1 set of 4 and depending on the cost i might want 2 sets as i have another snow track i putting together for a friend this one has a liquid cooled iron duke motor in it i also like your brake set up is that just chevy brakes and how did you attach the rotors i have to fix brakes for mine and the hand brake is a good idea there dosn't appear to be room for big boots if i use the origional pedal

teledawg

I'm interested in at least 1 set of 4 and depending on the cost i might want 2 sets as i have another snow track i putting together for a friend this one has a liquid cooled iron duke motor in it i also like your brake set up is that just chevy brakes and how did you attach the rotors i have to fix brakes for mine and the hand brake is a good idea there dosn't appear to be room for big boots if i use the origional pedal

Here is info on a company in Wasilla that has made UHMW drive sprockets for Snow-Tracs. LINK See the last post.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is info on a company in Wasilla that has made UHMW drive sprockets for Snow-Tracs. LINK See the last post.
Teledawg what is your take on the hdpe sprokets we use the snot out of plastics in my line of buisness and i have learned to repect HDPE its strong and like bill clinton nothing sticks to it have you had any experiance with this material for replacement sprokets

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wear on his cleats. Thats like saying a boat in perpetual Dry dock handles the ocean well.
Oh you mean from when it was unloaded on off the trailer and then pushed into the Kristi Garage.

Careful Mouse Ear ..... Your messin with the Grand Poobah .
So far the HDPE cleats is the way to go . I also made up a set of the KT3