• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WS Journal today!!

Archdean

An interesting read from the OPED page WS journal should you wish to avail yourself of it!!http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110007722

~ snip~
"Yesterday's Boston Globe featured an op-ed by Sen. Ted Kennedy* in which he huffs and puffs about jackbooted government thugs:"

~snip~
"Tom Daschle, the defeated Senate Democratic leader, weighs in on today's Washington Post op-ed page with a piece in which he argues that he and his erstwhile Senate colleagues never meant to authorize President Bush to fight terrorism in the U.S.:"

~snip~
"Last week Harry Reid of Nevada, the Senate minority leader, boasted to a Democratic gathering that "we killed the Patriot Act." Perhaps realizing that this was not the most appealing message to send to voters outside the Bush-hating base, Reid took to the Senate floor Monday and offered an apology of sorts (link in PDF):"

~snip~
"Newsweek's Howard Fineman predicts there will be a lot of talk of impeaching President Bush in 2006. His evidence:"

I have purposely not given any personal insight as to the contents of the above ~snips~ They will require your reading them!!

One in paticular stands out in spades to me!!
Reader Marc Prince, who addresses Jackson in the second person, is not amused:

I passed up full scholarships to three universities, as well as took a cut in pay from my construction job, to enlist in the U.S. Army on my 18th birthday in 1984. I proudly served under Presidents Reagan and Bush. I and many others like me would appreciate it if you would quit questioning our patriotism by claiming or insinuating that we were trapped or fooled into volunteering for the service. The overrepresentation of my demographic and geographic (Southern) group in the military is a source of pride, not shame or pity, and it is insulting for you or anyone else to say otherwise. If "shared sacrifice" is so important to you, when did you serve, and in what branch? It's obvious, from your lack of understanding of the military and its personnel, that you didn't.

Almost all service members like looking to our left and right and seeing all volunteers. The last thing we want in the foxhole with us is a draftee, rich or poor. You and those who think like you claim to "support the troops," but you belie that by seeking to inflict dangerous and unprofessional draftees on us, lowering our morale and degrading our cohesion and effectiveness. You'll also walk all over us to sabotage our mission and attack and discredit our commander in chief. You aren't supporting the troops, you are supporting those who seek to kill them. "

Dean