• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1450 Cab update

rockhead

So the previous owner chopped in a 300-6 causing what was left of the engine cover to not fit, seats were surprisingly better than milk crates, but not good enough for my hiney

Its a shoehorn fit but so far so good :thumbup:

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 587

rockhead

Finally got delivery of remote oil filter kit, on the upside I can change the oil filter without removing the doghouse and driver seat
On the downside I can't inspect the track through the hole in floor whilst driving :mellow:
And the new one is color appropriate too :biggrin:

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 490
  • filterColorMatched.jpg
    filterColorMatched.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 494

PJL

Geez, they couldn't figure that out? That cutout looks awful. The 1200 with the 300 6 came with a remote filter from the factory.

cabinboy

I DID NOT THINK A 300CI MOTOR WOULD FIT IN THERE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE MORE POWER. DO YOU HAVE MORE PICTURES OF THIS ? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE.

rockhead

The alternator and starter made for some fancy chopping as well , this pic shows the effort to box in the alternator, and the aircleaner that allows doghouse to not have to extend waaaaaay into passenger seat.

Attachments

• alt.jpg
    alt.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 367

rockhead

So on closer exam its not the starter that this chop was for, it was the exhaust . . .

Attachments

• starter.jpg
    starter.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 364

rockhead

A slightly bigger view of the engine as the doghouse started taking shape, distributor is bulgy too . . .

Attachments

• theHulk.jpg
    theHulk.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 362

cabinboy

That is a tight fit. does that large hole in the frame worry you some on the passenger side ? The extra power will be nice.

rockhead

That is a tight fit. does that large hole in the frame worry you some on the passenger side ? The extra power will be nice.

Yes it did when I first grasped it, but it was covered with a sheet of thin aluminum, since the screw holes appear to remain in alignment it appears to not be changing shape, that's what I'm telling myself anyway.:whistling:

rockhead

Silly plate for the DeLorean, legal plate so the cops don't have to pursue me and a rearview camera

Attachments

• plated.jpg
    plated.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 223

rockhead

OK, found this bad boy under the seat of truck i just bought, I think it really does finish the cat nicely . . .

Attachments

• freshPine.jpg
    freshPine.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 184