• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost another friend this week.

rugerman

Friend died this week, woodworker, cabinetmaker, jack of all trades. He introduced me to lots of folks in the building trades, he helped me become friends with plumbers, electricians, finish carpenters, general contractors. So that when I was working on a project if I ran into a problem I could call someone who could talk me tru a solution.
He and I were kindred spirits, do it yourselfers. Another friend of ours needed help,building a log cabin, learned a lot, next my friend decided he wanted one so I helped him build his, then the first guy gave his first one to his son and I helped him build his second one.
My buddy was a hunter, reloader, gun nut, gardener, all around nice guy, going to miss him a bunch.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. At 70 years old, I've gone through that a lot these past 10 years or so. Every one has left a hole in my life but they live on forever in my memories.

rugerman

Thanks for the support, i’m 66, most of my friends are about the same , I know that no one lives forever, but it still hurts when you lose a friend.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it is somehow worse to love someone you love, respect or are friends with when it happens close to a holiday. Seems like the holiday becomes a marker. I hope your friend finds great peace and you can live to remember him in all the good ways that he improved and influenced your life.

rugerman

Not really a holiday but right after the start of deer gun season, his second favorite hunting season (spring turkey was his favorite) . Makes me remember the good times that we had hunting deer together that will never be again.