• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost a freind

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Dr. Bill. A military trained flight surgeon turned Radiologist.

7 weeks ago was flying both his aircraft and went out to one of our favorite restaurants - NewPort Shores.

5 weeks ago checked himself in for testing since he was feeling weak. Had a kidney infection. Antibiotics prescribed. Never had a reaction before but had a severe skin reaction. Then got pneumonia. And past away last Tuesday. 5 stinking weeks. Root Cause - Brain Cancer.

A vibrant 80 year old, with a love of life like none other.

He had such a huge influence on my kid - how to be professional, how to be precise, how to avoid conflict.

He took my 12 year old at the time flying in his T28 for many rides and to airshows, letting the kid fly the thing. How to to do barrel rolls before the engine starved of oil.

Bill bought a basket case T28, no wings, a vertical stabilizer, torn up everything else, no instruments, a seized radial engine, no prop. He completely rebuilt the thing, mostly with the help of friends. He won Oshkosh with it in the early 90s.

Also had a Beach Duke that he let me take the stick every time after the first ride.

Bill had my 12 year old kid help change all the fuel lines on his Testarossa after the alcohol in fuel started melting the lines, then let my kid take the wheel and drive it around the airport.

He was the kindest you guy you could ever meet. Always, and I mean always, had a smile on.

Many memories sitting on the dock by his boat or mine, with our wives, until it was too late to be up, are overwhelming right now.

Saturday went up to West Bend for his Celebration of Life ceremony.
5 T28's did the missing man formation over West Bend airfield (ETB). Military Ceremony.

I'll miss him, and try to be more like him.

I'm not asking for any condolences or comments. I ask for reflection. Remember - life is short. Make as much time as possible to be with the ones you love and to make moments memorable.

RIP Dr Bill.

Attachments

• Duke Port Forward.JPG
    Duke Port Forward.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 111
  • T28 Port Forward.JPG
    T28 Port Forward.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 108
  • T28 Port Side.JPG
    T28 Port Side.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 103