• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Terror Attack in Paris ... at least 2 police officers dead

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to wonder how this may influence the upcoming election in France?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-part-city-centre-amid-reports-officers-shot/

:France:
BREAKING NEWS - TERROR ATTACK IN PARIS

REFRESH FOR UPDATES - Latest update 4:33pm et - A second police officer has now died in a suspected terror attack along the Champs-Élysées in Paris. A gunman exited a vehicle and fired a Kalishnikov rifle into a police van that was waiting at a stop light.

According to FranceTV Info, there were several assailants, one of whom was killed and others who are still at large. The dead attacker was known to intelligence services. Police are warning people to avoid the area.

The attack comes just three days before the first round of France's presidential election. Earlier this week police arrested two men in what they described as a thwarted terror attack. An arsenal of weapons and bomb-making equipment along with an Isis flag were found in their apartment.

Two police officers killed in Champs Elysees shooting
One suspect shot dead
At least one other suspect thought to be on the loose
Central Paris in lockdown
Attack comes three days before presidential election
France under state of emergency

:France:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I think it will. These people better either embrace a wake up call or they are doomed. Their choice.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Coming to America soon.
I think it's already here and sleeping a bit.
Can you imagine a daily thing like this in a different city here every day?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Coming to America soon.
I think it's already here and sleeping a bit.
Can you imagine a daily thing like this in a different city here every day?

I think if they really want to scare Americans they won't attack a major city, but rather will go to small towns and shoot up the town square in the county seat in some medium size county in Iowa, Nebraska or Ohio. Then the next week bomb a church in rural Indiana, Alabama or Oklahoma. Etc, etc, etc...

Shooting up Chicago, NY or LA won't have a big impact.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa getting blown up will have an impact.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know it to be fact, but my understanding of a lot, and I won't say majority, of muslim immigrants is because of their religion they refuse to abide by the rules, laws and societal norms of the host country and this,IMO, is the cause of a lot of the turmoil. If they would only read our history of how the Irish, Italians, Germans, Poles and others came here and suffered thru rejection and discrimination yet still assimilated into our society through legal citizenship and became a part of the fabric of our country.
Mike