• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Encouraging your child to be trans-gender is child abuse?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have 2 fencing students who are trans-genders. Both are girls who want to transition to become boys. I don't know the medical status of either of their transitions but this position paper from the AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PEDIATRICIANS states things in very short, simple terms :hammer:

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

Follow the link above for the whole position paper but here are the 1st 3 points of their 8 point position paper, the remaining points get a bit more clinical but if you have children or grandchildren I'd encourage you to spend the extra 5 minutes to read the entire paper. Honestly it will only take 5 minutes.

Gender Ideology Harms Children

Updated January 2017

The American College of Pediatricians urges healthcare professionals, educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.

1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of male and female, respectively – not genetic markers of a disorder. The norm for human design is to be conceived either male or female. Human sexuality is binary by design with the obvious purpose being the reproduction and flourishing of our species. This principle is self-evident. The exceedingly rare disorders of sex development (DSDs), including but not limited to testicular feminization and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, are all medically identifiable deviations from the sexual binary norm, and are rightly recognized as disorders of human design. Individuals with DSDs (also referred to as “intersex”) do not constitute a third sex.1

2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one. No one is born with an awareness of themselves as male or female; this awareness develops over time and, like all developmental processes, may be derailed by a child’s subjective perceptions, relationships, and adverse experiences from infancy forward. People who identify as “feeling like the opposite sex” or “somewhere in between” do not comprise a third sex. They remain biological men or biological women.2,3,4

3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such. These children suffer from gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria (GD), formerly listed as Gender Identity Disorder (GID), is a recognized mental disorder in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-V).5 The psychodynamic and social learning theories of GD/GID have never been disproved.2,4,5

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My opinion is this whole trans gender thing is a bunch of bullshit. Growing up we never had this stuff. Men were men, women were women. Yes, we had homos, but that's a whole different debate.

All this talk just reinforces my opinion of just how much liberalism is a cancer that is eating this country apart. Born with a penis? Use the men's room. Born without one? Use the women's room. For me, it is really quite as simple as that.

My opinion. YMMV. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All this talk just reinforces my opinion of just how much liberalism is a cancer that is eating this country apart. Born with a penis? Use the men's room. Born without one? Use the women's room. For me, it is really quite as simple as that.

Sums it up well.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
trans-bath_large.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Given the astonishingly high suicide rate of transgender people you'd think professionals would unite against sex changes.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Given the astonishingly high suicide rate of transgender people you'd think professionals would unite against sex changes.
I would suggest there may be too much money and not enough compassion involved for that kind of common sense.

New York city has like 51 gender identifications. That has got to be tough on kids. I remember growing up and dealing with identity and sex. It was tough enough back then when there was only two sexes. I suppose I was lucky. Five brothers and no sisters, Mom and Dad accepted what they got. Although some of my brothers had play action figures. To me they were just like having dolls.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Originally missed this thread. My cousin and her guy are apparently raising their child to be gender neutral. If that isn't screwed up I don't know what is. I mean, she's got a doctrine of criminal psychology and doesn't see how that will screw up her kid.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Originally missed this thread. My cousin and her guy are apparently raising their child to be gender neutral. If that isn't screwed up I don't know what is. I mean, she's got a doctrine of criminal psychology and doesn't see how that will screw up her kid.

I agree. A kid is a kid and is going to be what it will be. But parents/schools/society pushing a kid to be something is unnatural and wrong.

It seems like some schools have a high % of transgenders while others do not. I think its peer pressure and seeking popularity and a big dose of insecurity so in an attempt to gain acceptance/popularity the kid turns to a bizarre option, which they ultimately turn away from but in the mean time will waste a good portion of their life as a troubled confused youth.

From the original link >>>
According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.

rugerman

When I was growing up in rural south Alabama folks were either sexually a male or a female. Now there were some guys that were a bit light in the loafers and a few of the girls were a bit butch, as a matter of one of the best athletes in my little country grade school was a big boned female, her name was Martha, but she went by Mattie. She was not gay, she was just a natural athlete. She ended up marrying another jock and they almost raised their own softball team, some of the cutest, most feminine little girls you ever saw.
There was no trans anything, I think that trans stuff is a liberal buzz word for sexually confused folks to make them feel that it is a normal state for folks.