• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Two losses over last few months

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Sometimes just things just aren't fair.

Have not been here much; late July lost my mom to cancer. 4 days after her 73rd birthday, and 3 three weeks after her and Dad's 53rd wedding anniversary. She had had mastectomy, chemo, and radiation for breast cancer year and a half before, but it was not caught till it was stage-3. She did well though. Then this May, it came back. Stage-4. They started chemo, but it too advanced.

Crazy thing is, my Mom spent years helping cancer patients. She was a massage therapist, and had went to Austria for two months training in lymph node drainage techniques to help ease the pain for cancer patients. She was key in getting the techniques approved by a couple of the local hospitals around Sacramento. She worked side by side sometimes with the Doctor who put together the USPS Breast Cancer stamp.

She helped sooo many people with cancer, and then it took her away.

Since then have been busy taking care of my Dad. Understandably, he's taken this really hard.

Then this week, my aunt in Wyoming passed from a terminal disease. My favorite, very awesome aunt.

I hope 2017 is better...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure hope the next year is better for you too.
By the way, I have noticed that you haven't been here for quite some time.
Hugs.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have been through similar. My brother died in 2004 and my mom less than a year later in 2005.
I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Lost my mom this year also, she passed away 2 days after her birthday in May.

My condolences for the loss.