• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NorthernRedneck

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The clots and swelling seem to be going down. They haven't done anything about the fluid on my lungs since I spent the afternoon coughing up flem which is a sign my chest has broken free.

And a lovely visual picture too :w00t2:

Umberto

I'm chuffed to hear you are on the road to recovery.

I'm sure the nurses are nice. I did my LPN training with 25 women and me. I was not allowed to give females bed baths so you'd have been assigned to me. I didn't give a female a bed bath till I was a DOD nurse. lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
One thing im kinda looking forward to seeing is how much weight I lose in here. For the first week and a half I was on a liquid diet. When they switched me to solid food I could barely eat four mouth fulls and I was stuffed. Now, im eating about half of what they give me. That's normally followed by being bloated for a couple hours.

Im working at building back up my lung capacity now while I'm still here so that when I go home I will be able to breathe.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Good to see you again Redneck, for sure NOT a good way to lose weight.

I agree I HATE hospitals and have to scars to prove it. Just keep getting better.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Quick update. Since yesterday my breathing capacity has almost doubled. I still have a way to go. Bones in my back will heal in time so for now a generous dose of pain killers is the order of the day. The swelling in my feet and legs are gone down drastically. I need to stay on the IV drip till Wednesday as it's a blood thinner reducing the clot in my leg. Overall im plugin away and moving forward.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I also want to ad that two days ago I could barely walk ten feet without being short of breath. Now, I just walked close to 300 feet without being winded. Feels great. Its small steps for anyone else but HUGE for me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Every time I look in here Brian, it makes me smile.

You're a miracle and must be one tough cookie!

You'll be back home in no time.

Hugs!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Everyone here says the same thing. For me to hit another vehicle from behind. Get rear ended. Get thrown over the vehicle in front only to be hit by a vehicle in the next lane and live to tell about it. God has a plan for me. That, I believe in.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
so with the day drawing on Brian do you now feel going back to Hospital has improved things??you do sound more perky but maybe thats just the nurse attention:whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh. Im feeling way better. Though I just received another blow to my recovery.

The doc just came to inform me that I currently have roughly 6 cups of fluid built up in my lungs and stomach. Im going to have a drain tube installed this evening on the biggest pocket of fluid to attempt to drain it. This means they have to stop the iv that's fixing the blood clot until after the procedure tonight.

This feels like a waltz. One step forward. Two steps back.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I do hope this is the start Brian,have a good night and hopefully when i check in in the morning your feeling even better.:flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. Just waiting for the doc. I go under the knife in a half hour. Local anaesthetic. Just freezing in the area where the tube is going in. The doc is anticipating about 2 cups of fluid to drain from my side. A bit nervous about the whole thing but I know it needs to be done.

Leni

My mom had that done. They took out 1 1/2 liters of liquid. Made a big difference in her ability to breath.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Im just worried about uncontrolled bleeding since I was on blood thinners and only yesterday a little prick bled for two hours.
The doc warned that he'll have blood transfusions ready on standby. [emoji16]

Leni

Mom was on blood thinners also. Coumadin. Nasty stuff. You are not the first person in this situation. I understand that you are nervous but you'l be okay.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Im just worried about uncontrolled bleeding since I was on blood thinners and only yesterday a little prick bled for two hours.
The doc warned that he'll have blood transfusions ready on standby. [emoji16]

Mom was on blood thinners also. Coumadin. Nasty stuff. You are not the first person in this situation. I understand that you are nervous but you'l be okay.

I have DVT. they started me on the iv drip in the hospital, then switched me to lovenox for a while and to coumadin when they sent me home. I'm on eliquis now, a LOT better than coumadin.

Your Doc may stop the drip and switch you to lovenox for the surgery. Thats what they do when I've had surgery in the past.

Brian I'm really glad you're doing well.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Holy o my f---k that hurt. Didn't feel the procedure at all due to the freezing. As soon as they got deep enough with the tube just past my ribs the fluid started gushing out. So far they got over 1.5 litres of fluid out of my right lung. As soon as it started draining I could barely breathe as the lung was expanding faster than I could take air in. That lasted a half hour after the procedure. Big thing is that I survived and my breathing is way better than before.

Leni

Hey didn't we tell you that you would be okay? When Pirate Girl tells you that you'll be okay you just might listen to her. :clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I was worried after everything I've been through eventually something would screw up. By all rights I shouldn't have even survived the crash.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I was worried after everything I've been through eventually something would screw up. By all rights I shouldn't have even survived the crash.

You survived the crash and you're doing fine just take it one step at a time. Most things will clear up or stabilize soon. You'll have instructions from the Docs to follow and meds to take.

You and muleman are an integral part of FF and we need both of you!

Jim

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When they sucked the fluid out behind my lung is when all my recent trouble started. Glad to hear you came through it OK. Take it easy and you will heal over time.:flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I'm still amazed at how much fluid came out last night within minutes of them inserting the tube. Just glad you're alright now. I'll pull through this as well