• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NorthernRedneck

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I didn't see this thread till now. Thanks everyone. What happened was an older lady stopped without warning in front of me for some ducks. I slammed into her. At full hwy speed. Two others piled into me. I went over her car and and was hit bit a jeep in the next lane. I ended up with a ruptured spleen and liver which required surgery. Three cracked vertebrate in my mid back. A broken rib. And fluid on the lung. Also have road rash on my right arm

Even the flying Wallenda's sometimes used a net.........:whistling:

OK, just kidding, glad you're OK and on the road to recovery. Get well soon.

Hope all your nurses looked this good!

05.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
no nightmares yet regarding the crash. That's partially because I don't remember anything about it. It happened two weeks ago, I sorta joined the rest of the crew about mid last week as the good meds wore off.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
It maybe time to reconsider the ride.

After riding for over 50 years I sold my motorcycle this past spring. It is more often not what you may do but what others do that is going to hurt you when you ride a motorcycle. I had one serious injury a broken ankle caused by a collision with a large dog that hit me in the side of the bike when I was about 16. My foot caught on the dog and twisted it backwards. The dog was large and came out from behind a hedge and tried to chase me but miss judged and hit me at the foot pegs. I came out better than the dog as he died from his injuries immediately. I stayed upright and rode home without using that foot after falling over when I first stopped after the dog hit me. I actually started riding again after about a week by using a rope to shift gears up on the bad side and I could push the shifter down with my cast while using my heal on the kickstand as needed on that side also to maintain balance. The bike was an older Harley with controls on opposite sides than newer bikes today. Oh it would be nice to be young and brave again....LOL.....:biggrin:

Heal up soon and consider all your options!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that we know you're OK:clap:, how's the bike???:sad:
Im told the bike will need new front forks and a taillight. Already priced out new ones on ebay. For less than $150 I can have it back on the road. Definitely going to fix it but bay sell it.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Holy crap Brian you never deserved that.....i am shocked.

Listen to them doctors and take your time healing, grab some pampering time you deserve it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently im a fast healer. Bruising is almost gone. They took out the stitches today. Told me to stop using oxygen and if everything goes well this week I'll be sent home Thursday. Looking forward to recovery at home in comfort. I'll still be off for months

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently im a fast healer. Bruising is almost gone. They took out the stitches today. Told me to stop using oxygen and if everything goes well this week I'll be sent home Thursday. Looking forward to recovery at home in comfort. I'll still be off for months

Glad to hear your are recovering and are a 'fast healer' but bummer about how you had to find out that you are a fast healer.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I'm told how critical I was hours after the accident. My brother's gf is a trauma nurse. Said that when a liver bursts there's a scale from 1-6 they use with 6 being fatal. I scored 4.5

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. You are very very lucky. You had a guardian angel or two with you. Congrats Brian.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers and positive thoughts for Brian and his family.....Brian is such a wonderful human being it saddens me hearing of this.

Hurry up Brian and get well soon as way to many people need you including us old farts here at FF.

Big thanks to Adrienne for informing us,stay strong:flowers:

I could do with an address to send a get well card if anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated.
If you're still looking for an address it's
Brian Davis
195 Clarkson St South
Thunder Bay Ontario canada
P7B 4X1

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a hurting unit. Hurts to lay down. Sitting up hurts. They have me on a weak dosage of painkillers. 1 regular advil every four hours. That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I know I can handle 2-3 advil at once. As soon as I get home friday I wll tap into my supply at home. Gawd I miss my lazyboy.

I'm also experiencing a numbness on my chin similar to gettin a needle for a frozen tooth. We'll keep an eye on that and see if it goes away on it's own.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothern,

My bike is still sitting this summer. I have it ready to go, but a friend going to cancer treatments hit a deer while passing a car, and is in a body cast, and no cancer treatments for now..

Then your accident... I have lost the desire to ride for now.. I may sell mine.

Damn I hope you heal up well.

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't be giving up on riding. Plenty of nuts out there on the road and something can just as easily happen in a 4 wheel vehicle. All boils down to someone else making a stupid decision ahead of me. Seriously. Slamming on breaks in front of a group of vehicles for a family of ducks??? Creating a 4 vehicle pile up for ducks? Just stupid

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still slated for a discharge tomorrow. Hope that's the case. A couple of the scrapes on my left ankle became infected oozing yellow puss from them. They were disinfected and treated.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just working out the details with docs today and getting everything in order for my discharge. Considering where I was even two weeks ago im doing great. Physio expects a full recovery in regards to my back.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can never go wrong with Red Green! watched the whole episode. Thanks. I'm just sitting here bored in my hospital room waiting for tomorrow when I get to go home.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still waiting for the final approval to go home today. Still having some breathing issues related to fluid on the lungs but it's not terrible. I'm just a little winded after walking for a few minutes. I definately know to not overdo it when I go home. The plan is sitting on my butt for the mostpart with the occasional short walk outside to the corner and back to build up the lungs and stamina.

Bamby

I'm still waiting for the final approval to go home today. Still having some breathing issues related to fluid on the lungs but it's not terrible. I'm just a little winded after walking for a few minutes. I definately know to not overdo it when I go home. The plan is sitting on my butt for the mostpart with the occasional short walk outside to the corner and back to build up the lungs and stamina.

Here let me fix that for you:

I'm still waiting for the final approval to go home today. Still having some breathing issues related to fluid on the lungs but it's not terrible. I'm just a little winded after walking for a few minutes. I definitely know to not overdo it when I go home. The plan is sitting on my butt for the most part with the occasional short walk outside to the corner for a pee and back to build up the lungs and stamina.

Good to see your up and doing so well despite the injuries. :thumb: