• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NorthernRedneck

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guys, I just got some bad news. Our member NorthernRedneck is in need of our good thoughts and prayers.

This is from his wife, posted on facebook 1 hour ago:

This was written by Adrienne, Brians wife...I haven't posted anything until now, but Brian was involved in a very serious accident on his motorcycle yesterday. He arrived in critical condition at the ER due to internal bleeding. Surgery stopped the bleeding from his severe liver laceration. He is going to be ok, though it'll be a long road to full recovery. He is awake and talking now. Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts. If anyone wants info on visiting etc, please PM Brian or I (I can access his messages) and I will let you know. It has been a very rough, stressful 30 hours. Only the love and support of those closest to me has helped me through it. Hardest day of my life!

=====================

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for letting us know Doc.

Brian is a good guy and he has my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Jim

Leni

Sending prayers and good thoughts. I worked in disability insurance for 34 years. Some of the worst accidents were on motorcycles. And my son rides a Harley. Thanks for letting us know Doc.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been working on my bike, so I haven't really been out yet.

I know a guy here locally that hit a deer passing a car 1/2mile from our main farm shop along the high way.... on his way to radiation treatments for cancer. He is in a "halo" I am told and has broken ribs and a punctured lung. He will be a long time healing, much less getting back on track with cancer treatments.

This news is just terrible. I wish Brian the very best for his recovery.

It really has me wondering about putting a for sale sign on mine.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Prayers and positive thoughts for Brian and his family.....Brian is such a wonderful human being it saddens me hearing of this.

Hurry up Brian and get well soon as way to many people need you including us old farts here at FF.

Big thanks to Adrienne for informing us,stay strong:flowers:

I could do with an address to send a get well card if anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
As a former bike rider myself and having broken my back once in an accident I understand the pain the family is going through. My prayers go out to his family and especially to him for a speedy recovery.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers for a full and speedy recovery being sent.

Brian - you're a great guy full of life and enjoying life's experiences. Hurry up and get well so you can tell us of your adventures. Some of us older guys live vicariously through others and I like reading of your exploits.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
You'll be in our thoughts Brian. Hang in there, follow the doctor's instructions, and don't give the nurses too hard a time. I quit riding about twenty years back due to having the living daylights scared out of me by a drunk in an old truck. Every time I start to miss being on a scoot I remember that incident, take a deep breath, and move on.

Get better, and get back to your lovely wife.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Get well soon Brian. I have too much titanium and stainless steel from riding my last one. Once in a while I think about it till I read something like this. Hang in there buddy!:flowers:

Galvatron

Has anyone got access to getting a update on Brian's recovery??

On going Prayers and positive thoughts.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just saw last night that he got out of ICU and can have visitors, but for short visits only. That's about all they said. But we all know, getting out of ICU is a good thing. :thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't see this thread till now. Thanks everyone. What happened was an older lady stopped without warning in front of me for some ducks. I slammed into her. At full hwy speed. Two others piled into me. I went over her car and and was hit bit a jeep in the next lane. I ended up with a ruptured spleen and liver which required surgery. Three cracked vertebrate in my mid back. A broken rib. And fluid on the lung. Also have road rash on my right arm

Galvatron

Hi Brian it is good to hear from you....jeez you had a lucky escape.

So with the injuries you have what sort of healing time scale are you looking at and whats your current statues on mobility?? are you looking at having any long term effects from this??

Rest up and if there is anything i can do (doubt it from Sunny England) just say.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. Hit by a jeep after flying over a car. Chit man. That had to hurt. Do you remember much / anything of the incident? Has anyone shown you pics? Sounds horrible. Glad you are on the road to mend. Ditto what Galvi and Jev asked.