• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Google AI

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
From this morning's Walstreet breakfast...
A Google supercomputer has created its own "AI child," which is more capable than any AI built by human hands. Known as NASNet, the open source system is able to identify objects, such as people and cars, in photos and videos. According to studies, the Google (GOOG, GOOGL) "brain" can pick out these objects with an 82.7% accuracy rate.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. And it's 'brain' will grow exponentially as it examines the billions of photos posted online. Eventually it would recognize you and me ....everyone.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. And it's 'brain' will grow exponentially as it examines the billions of photos posted online. Eventually it would recognize you and me ....everyone.

I always suspected some time some one would go to far with all this AI stuff.

Maybe this is that time? Should we demand that Google kill it before it grows?

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe this is that time? Should we demand that Google kill it before it grows?

I'm afraid we are far past that point.

What is skynet?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm afraid we are far past that point.

What is skynet?

In the Sci-Fi movie series Terminator with Schwartenegger, SkyNet is a missile system that becomes self aware and takes over the world with robots and AI enslaving the remaining humans.

It is also the name of my home WiFi network, but that is the least of our worries. :yum: